College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Looks like Michigan is wearing all blue today. I hate it. 

I'm %100 in agreement...but maybe it stops ...checks Ohio State twitter clock .... 3,653 days since Michigan's last win over Ohio State in football.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I don’t really like the various award decals on Michigan’s helmets…feels very HSish…the wolverine heads looked better to me. 

Georgia Tech always looks great in navy and really should be the default home uni. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I don’t really like the various award decals on Michigan’s helmets…feels very HSish…the wolverine heads looked better to me. 

Completely agree on the helmet decals. 

Michigan is the only sports team I truly root for, and honestly…I don’t mind the all-blue look (as an alternate). 

I had a feeling Michigan was gonna wear the navy pants.

… And, to be honest, I quite like it. The all-dark contrasted well with Ohio State’s mostly light uniform. I think dark colors like navy or black generally result in the best monochrome looks.

I still prefer maize pants, of course, but navy isn’t a bad switch-up in my opinion.

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

I had a feeling Michigan was gonna wear the navy pants.

… And, to be honest, I quite like it. The all-dark contrasted well with Ohio State’s mostly light uniform. I think dark colors like navy or black generally result in the best monochrome looks.

I still prefer maize pants, of course, but navy isn’t a bad switch-up in my opinion.

I think you say this perfectly here. Not the best combo, certainly not the worst either though. I think the maize goes a long way in helping give the all-navy look some character.

Along those lines, I think it is safe to say that we will see navy pants for Ohio State games for the foreseeable future, given today's result. I think the next game back in Columbus with navy pants will look a lot better than what today did.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

How about a couple of things from D2 football?

Nebraska-Kearney seemed to have changed helmet designs mid-season. Their new version is something akin to the Eagles' wings, but with a "Loper" horn/ear. Makes for a fun and unique helmet, especially with the metallic blue shell.

ML5A1532.jpg?width=1416&quality=80&forma

Another thing from Colorado: Colorado Mines has gradually added orange to their color scheme. It used to only be on a gray alternate, but now seems to have moved into their full set (at least at home). I'm assuming it is a throwback/retro color, as even the Orediggers' website has touches of the color. Previously, the team only wore navy/silver/white.

Cam_Forrest_Gabe_Kortz_Kobe_Brewster.jpg?width=942&quality=80&format=jpg

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Archived