Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

2 minutes ago, Sport said:

Too long for twitter? I, the exact person all of this is for, would've watched an hour long video detailing their uniform history on twitter. 

Fair. And I probably would have too. But most people probably feel anything more than a few minutes is a little too long for twitter.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sport said:

Too long for twitter? I, the exact person all of this is for, would've watched an hour long video detailing their uniform history on twitter. 

You shouldn't be their target audience, though. They have you hooked the moment they mention uniforms, so it doesn't matter if the video is 10 seconds or 10 minutes. However, most people saw it was seven minutes long and skipped to the end. The social media video should have been a small portion of that with the full video posted on their YouTube page or homepage, where people like you can watch it in its entirety and they can monetize the page views.

Cincinnati Bengals To Reveal New Uniforms On April 19

April 14, 2021 - 15:20 PM

The Cincinnati Bengals announced on Wednesday morning that they’ll officially unveil their new uniforms at 9 a.m. on April 19. This will mark the fourth major uniform change for the Bengals since their inception in 1968 and first since since the current set was revealed ahead of the 2004 season, though

Read More...

9 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

You shouldn't be their target audience, though. They have you hooked the moment they mention uniforms, so it doesn't matter if the video is 10 seconds or 10 minutes.

True. 

9 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

However, most people saw it was seven minutes long and skipped to the end. The social media video should have been a small portion of that with the full video posted on their YouTube page or homepage, where people like you can watch it in its entirety and they can monetize the page views.

but tweets are free and they followed the video with a tweet containing the pertinent information so *SHRUG*.

PvO6ZWJ.png

In a podcast interview with Dan Hoard, Director of Strategy & Engagement Elizabeth Blackburn brought out some good information:

3 jerseys, 3 pants for 9 possible combinations

Throwbacks could happen in the future 👀

They thought about modernizing the helmets, but decided against it.

Also just some general insight to the design process for NFL uniforms. I thought it was good information.

4 minutes ago, darthjocan said:

I'm absolutely okay with orange pants. Just don't pair them with the orange jersey and they'll be fine. 

I'll take it one step further. The orange pants can only be worn with the white jersey.

I'm not expecting that, though.

It's where I sit.

Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

I'll take it one step further. The orange pants can only be worn with the white jersey.

Right not to be expected. They'll definitely be worn with the black jersey at some point. But I like that'd look good so I won't complain.

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I tried and couldn't come up with an example of a team in orange helmets, black jerseys, orange pants, black socks, but I actually think that would look good. That's the same light color - dark color - light color - dark color construction we're so used to in football. I don't think I'll like all-orange, but I understand it'll happen probably once a season. They'll definitely wear orange tops over black pants, which YUCK. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

14 minutes ago, Sport said:

I tried and couldn't come up with an example of a team in orange helmets, black jerseys, orange pants, black socks, but I actually think that would look good. That's the same light color - dark color - light color - dark color construction we're so used to in football. I don't think I'll like all-orange, but I understand it'll happen probably once a season. They'll definitely wear orange tops over black pants, which YUCK. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Throwbacks hopefully means to the original set, which could be why they kept the old helmets. 

Not sure exactly how you're defining "original" in this case, but the Bengals helmets come with the convenience of throwing back both to the early '80s tiger striped set as well as the original 70s plain set. Just remove the stripes, slap the arched Bengals wordmark on there, and you're done. I believe there was even a brief period in the late '70s where they added the black face mask to the original Paul Brown look.

UPDATE: Confirmed, though I only think they wore the black face masks for the 1980 season, right before the switch to tiger stripes.

spacer.png

Just now, gosioux76 said:

Not sure exactly how you're defining "original" in this case, but the Bengals helmets come with the convenience of throwing back both to the early '80s tiger striped set as well as the original 70s plain set. Just remove the stripes, slap the arched Bengals wordmark on there, and you're done. I believe there was even a brief period in the late '70s where they added the black face mask to the original Paul Brown look. 

The stripes are a black shell that is painted over with orange after being blocked off. It's not a case of pulling off the stripes and slapping the wordmark on both sides. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

The stripes are a black shell that is painted over with orange after being blocked off. It's not a case of pulling off the stripes and slapping the wordmark on both sides. 

No kidding? Never knew that. So it's a simple paint job away from being '70s throwbacks. 

Just now, gosioux76 said:

No kidding? Never knew that. So it's a simple paint job away from being '70s throwbacks. 

If the Bengals have stripes AND wordmarks available this year, then the two shell rule is good to go. Otherwise the one helmet rule is still in affect. You don't want to slap extra layers of paint on a helmet. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived