Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally.  Now here's hoping they do them right.  Those uniforms were dated as could be.  As much as it's overdue, at the very least, hopefully they get this right and Joe Burrow and the new Bengals have a look they can be proud of again.

It seemed odd to me that they showed the road whites first in the original unis and the first stripe unis, and then closed with the all-white color rush. I'll start reading too much into this by asking if they go white at home. Or not black, maybe.

It's where I sit.

11 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

The Bengal head is featured prominently, which seems like a good sign. Hopefully, Nike and the Bengals both take a look at how well received Cleveland's and LAC's uniforms were and how hated the Rams' are so far and know to be simple and traditional with these.

If they go back to these, with this number font or something like it, they'll be set for years:

Corey Dillon takes shot at Hall of Fame process

387 Corey Dillon Bengals Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Look at how beautiful that game could be again. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I've seen lots of concepts on Instagram that suggest the Bengals adopt their Color Rush as their home and aways. Hopefully Nike and the NFL just keep it as an alterante because to me the orange and black is an iconic look no matter the era. Also, the white and black color scheme would look similar to the Jag's new unis, another cat team, so that might be another reason for them to not go that route. 

Predictions:

• solid execution is tainted by stupid addition to the helmet, like a chrome facemask or something; a classic Nike-couldn't-help-themselves gaffe
  • custom block with same-color stroke, ala the Jags
  • stripes will be horizontal and along the lower thigh/knee region of the pants and shoulder sleeves

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I hope the helmet stays the same, and they keep an emphasis on orange. I know, its crazy to think that they wouldn't but the color rush is plain black and white. (The teaser video was solely black and orange, but it did highlight white jerseys) Plus, there are plenty of "Tigers" that aren't orange and black (Memphis, Clemson, LSU). I can't complain until I have a reason to.

Their set was definitely outdated, but I think there are redeeming qualities to it. Lets hope some of those stay (Helmet, the actual tiger stripes, unique number font (im a sucker for those) color balance (minus the side panels)).

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Archived