Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Minor changes" could mean almost anything. But if true, it could be promising.

If were talking minor changes, here are the four that are would work for me;

1. Switch to the Color Rush numbers... single layer, white, traditional-ist block.

2. Remove the side panels... an absolute non-negotiable must.

3. Rework the top of the pants stripe to remove the white... without the jersey side panels, the top of the pants stripe doesn't make sense.

4. Switch the "B" logo to the tiger head.

This would still leave them with a bit of a cluttered uniform IMO, but would definitely clean up the most egregious parts, and take them from bottom five to middle of the pack.

Is it really that bad of an idea for the Bengals to just make a black (and orange) uniform that replicate the white color rush design? This is pretty short notice in terms of telling fans when we should expect uniforms. It’s probably a New England situation where they just upgrade the CR and add (in this case) a color version.

58 minutes ago, Gary said:

Kyler Murray, and Kingsbury has been pushing for a new set the last couple years. So we can only hope that this happens in the near future.

If the Rams wise up and get rid of the bone, I think a red & cream set would be a great fit for the Cards. Something like this:

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

"Minor changes" could mean almost anything. But if true, it could be promising.

If were talking minor changes, here are the four that are would work for me;

1. Switch to the Color Rush numbers... single layer, white, traditional-ist block.

2. Remove the side panels... an absolute non-negotiable must.

3. Rework the top of the pants stripe to remove the white... without the jersey side panels, the top of the pants stripe doesn't make sense.

4. Switch the "B" logo to the tiger head.

This would still leave them with a bit of a cluttered uniform IMO, but would definitely clean up the most egregious parts, and take them from bottom five to middle of the pack.

The B definitely shouldn't be the primary logo, but I wouldn't want to see it eliminated completely. It still works as an alternate logo for hats and other merch. 

Definitely agree on the side panels. As for the numbers, I'm a bit torn. I like the single layer look, but I think an orange outline would help keep them from looking too much like the Browns.

12 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

The B definitely shouldn't be the primary logo, but I wouldn't want to see it eliminated completely. It still works as an alternate logo for hats and other merch. 

Definitely agree on the side panels. As for the numbers, I'm a bit torn. I like the single layer look, but I think an orange outline would help keep them from looking too much like the Browns.

1) yes, the B should stick around because it is by no means a bad design. BUT, compared to the rest of the league, it falls flat. 

2) going too black and white will put them dangerously close to jags look-alikes, so I think an orange outline is needed. Yes I imagine there are stripes on it but a primarily black jersey with just block white numbers? I'm not sure jacksonville would take too kind to that

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

5 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Just announced by the team:

I could see them have new simplified tiger stripes like they've had for a long time, but without that unnecessary white streak going down on the sides. Maybe a new font. If they go with something similar to the 80s and 90s stripes in an updated fashion that looks good, that will be the right call.

6 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Luckily for the Bengals, the bar has been set so low that it's going to be extremely difficult for them to screw this up.

I remember when people said this about the Rams and Falcons.

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Seems like the Bengals' path is pretty clear.  Hope they don't bungle it.

They're the Bungles. They will always bungle it.

ExJworW.png

With the helmet staying the same, I'm hoping for a Chargers-esque update. I would like a simplified but custom block font or something similar, maybe with some subtle cues that reflect the wordmark - assuming they keep the same wordmark. 

The big issues for me on the current set are the side panels and the big "B" on the chest, which imo is too tall and competes with the NFL shield .

Remove that or switch it out with a wordmark or the leaping Bengal and that problem is solved. 

Being that there appears to no longer be a rule requiring TV numbers, either bold sleeve caps or some shoulder stripes (Both with stripes of course) would be perfect. 

The helmet is obviously iconic, but I think that it would look gorgeous if they gave it a finish similar to Seattle's.

Pants stripes I actually like their current one, minus the white transition area up top. If nothing else, I hope they keep the more horizontal style stripes as opposed to the long vertical stripes that they used to have. 

ALSO, SEEMINGLY UNPOPULAR OPINION:

I think the B is a great logo. I can definitely see why people would prefer that be a C, but nevertheless the B is a well designed mark, unless they don't give it a proper, sufficient outline on the 50 yd line but they've fixed it in recent years. 

I kinda hope they keep the current sleeve cap. That and the helmet are perfect as is. Everything else should be purged. The numbers, the side panels, the weird pant stripes. You have a great base if you just touch it up a little bit. You don't have to get fancy with these to make a great set. The color rush would be a perfect start, just add some orange and fix the pants and you're perfect.

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

I'd predict the helmet stays the same.

From the neck, down, this is far overdue.  However, I love black and orange together and it's kind of hard not to imagine them going with one-color numbers, as that's the current trend and particularly when one color is either yellow or orange.  My (totally uneducated) prediction is that this will be most reminiscent of the Jags (with a little Pats/Chargers). One-color numbers; a quieter, but still propriety, font; orange and white never touching; no TV numbers.

I'd really like some block-ish numbers with orange outline. I think that is actually my favorite part of their original tiger-stripes. But that's not the trend right now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It'd be funny if they put little breaks in all their helmet stripes like the Rams did with their horn. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived