Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

2 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

Black stripes outlined in orange to match the number would be perfect

That would be the worst possible option, if you know they need to be backed by orange just make the yoke orange and be done with it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, floydnimrod said:

Memphis even had the Bengals helmet design for a few games. My biggest with the Memphis look is still my biggest issue with the leaks: what happens with the stripes on the white uniform. The Bengals colors are Orange and Black, so when we take one of those away and replace it with a white background, it just seems incomplete. With the Memphis uniforms, they could technically just leave the "sleeve" portion black, but using the fill tool for sleeves is such a lazy and terrible looking design on any football jersey.

Just use the same sleeve caps for all three jerseys.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/9/2021 at 12:21 PM, guest23 said:

My question is that if we assume the white jersey has a stripe pattern does that mean stripeless pants to mix/match or 2 sets of white pants like the broncos and others because the striping did not tie out?

Sorry on the delay, but my bet will be primary orange pants for all three tops, with the white pants being used for the white and orange tops. Black pants for the orange and black tops as well.

1 minute ago, seasaltvanilla said:

I know I'm being very picky about this, and it's a very small detail, but these aren't the same:

1228365437.jpg.0.jpg

1193331190.jpg.0.jpg

I was only referring to Cincinnati's stripe pattern, not Memphis's. Because the supposed stripes look to be similar to the Bengals current pattern and not Memphis'. Worst case scenario, Nike will just recolor the swoosh and move on, like they did with the Colts and Titans. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

Sorry on the delay, but my bet will be primary orange pants for all three tops, with the white pants being used for the white and orange tops. Black pants for the orange and black tops as well.

I'm sorry but that sounds pretty garish. The reason why the OG tiger stripe set worked so well was because the stripes were always black set against an orange background. This redesign misses the mark by a large distance if you are attempting to mix and match different stripe colors. They will end up looking like high school or mid major that ordered the one color cat stripes from the adidas catalog.

On 3/11/2021 at 2:03 PM, chakfu said:

I kind of like the white tiger variant.  Adding black or orange contrast panels goes against the simplified cleaned up look which is the main feature of this set.

Agreed. They need slightly more orange in the overall white uniform but the black stripes on white background look good IMO. 

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

The reason why the OG tiger stripe set worked so well was because the stripes were always black set against an orange background. 

I think this is an underappreciated fact.  The current set has so many problems, I hope they haven't overlooked that this is one of them.

32 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I think this is an underappreciated fact.  The current set has so many problems, I hope they haven't overlooked that this is one of them.

I'd argue that made them, even the original set, slightly (but justifiably) garish.  Remains to be seen if the orange on black (zoologically inaccurate?) and black on white (cool but better for occasion color rush style alt) are worth the tradeoff to be less gaudy.

8 hours ago, guest23 said:

I'm sorry but that sounds pretty garish. The reason why the OG tiger stripe set worked so well was because the stripes were always black set against an orange background. This redesign misses the mark by a large distance if you are attempting to mix and match different stripe colors. They will end up looking like high school or mid major that ordered the one color cat stripes from the adidas catalog.

I think that the biggest issue will come from the black pants, but I do see your point. White pants with black stripes underneath a jersey and helmet that are both orange with black stripes should still look solid. Using that same top with black pants and orange stripes might look off.

The other good option would be to have a set of white pants with orange stripes to use with the black jerseys, similar to Denver.

Personally, I would rather see the Bengals go orange over white at home and white over orange on the road. Save the black tops for alternates and keep the black pants to blackouts and sparingly paired with the orange tops.

10 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

I know I'm being very picky about this, and it's a very small detail, but these aren't the same:

I guess never saw the Memphis Helmets up close. I saw them from the normal TV angle and just assumed they were the same, which was very confusing at the time. This makes way more sense now.

9 hours ago, floydnimrod said:

I guess never saw the Memphis Helmets up close. I saw them from the normal TV angle and just assumed they were the same, which was very confusing at the time. This makes way more sense now.

For a while Memphis had the exact same helmet stripe pattern as the Bengals. 

In 2017, Memphis' full football potential might finally be realized -  SBNation.com

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If those jersey leaks turn out to be the real thing, and given recent trends in football aesthetics, particularly under the influence of the Swoosh, the only way I see this working while allowing for the mixing-and matching we all know they're aiming for is for them to have plain black, orange, and white pants, with maybe a "B" logo at the hip...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

17 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/13/22322958/why-the-bengals-wont-bring-back-the-leaping-tiger

So reportedly the leaping tiger isn't coming back, because there's too many tiger logos and it doesn't stand out enough. 

"There are too many tiger logos, which is why we kept our letter B logo, which there are much less of than tiger logos"

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/13/22322958/why-the-bengals-wont-bring-back-the-leaping-tiger

So reportedly the leaping tiger isn't coming back, because there's too many tiger logos and it doesn't stand out enough. 

1 hour ago, QCS said:

"There are too many tiger logos, which is why we kept our letter B logo, which there are much less of than tiger logos"

Sounds like a pretty lame excuse in my opinion.

“We think the ‘B’ logo exemplifies our on-field product from the last 20 years better. Because it is incredibly mediocre. We wanted a logo that looks and feels like an 8-8 Marvin Lewis team.”

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived