Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the thinking here on the white jerseys. The color rush were far and away their most popular jerseys for fans, and the white tiger concept was one of the best color rushes for those who knew about the Cincinnati zoo and put two and two together.

I’m also glad they kept the orange jerseys. It’s almost as if, with Cleveland’s previous set, the two Ohio teams came to an agreement in which one would get orange jerseys, the other the orange pants. I don’t think Mike Brown goes for the orange pants either.

why are the bengals’ color rush jerseys so popular? i didn’t realize they were so well received and i’m unfamiliar with the connection to the cincinnati zoo.

ive always loved their look, so i’d be slightly disappointed if there was minimal orange on their new road jersey, but i think an orange helmet + (hopefully) orange numbers would really “pop” on a clean white jersey and could look really nice

Here's my way of making the number font (the current number font, but without a drop shadow and with sharp ends; haven't been following closely, didn't see BBTV's post):

rFVM11t.png

Overall, I'm agreeing with most of the thread in that this is an upgrade, and I can appreciate the attempt at bridging the gap between the current look and the 80s look.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

19 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Assuming the leak is real, I like the look of the orange jersey. I am curious about the black and white jerseys. Based on the orange jersey, I can assume the black jersey will have orange stripes, which I don’t like. And what’s going on with the white? Will there be an orange yoke or black stripes on white? I still have a lot of questions and, of course, we haven’t seen any of the pants or combos yet. I’m not super hopeful for the new uniforms.

2 minutes ago, JustForFun said:

The Cincinnati Zoo used to be well known for its white tiger exhibit (and maybe is now, too, but I haven't been back out there in 30 years).

I'd say the Cincinnati Zoo is much more known for their gorillas now... or lack thereof .

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Yeah, there’s a nice bronze memorial statue at the zoo, but if you want to see the real gem, head out to the east side Jungle Jim’s.

spacer.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

14 hours ago, packerfan21396 said:

Here's my way of making the number font (the current number font, but without a drop shadow and with sharp ends; haven't been following closely, didn't see BBTV's post):

rFVM11t.png

Overall, I'm agreeing with most of the thread in that this is an upgrade, and I can appreciate the attempt at bridging the gap between the current look and the 80s look.

This board is always the opposite it seems of the general public. I've basically seen nothing but hate for them on Twitter and other platforms... I like the simplicity but think they do a good job as well of meshing what once was and currently is.

I think they'll still be black numbers because the Bengals have always had black numbers on the white jerseys.

The Browns tried orange numbers on white and then realized brown looked better because history (as well as better contrast) 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

This board is always the opposite it seems of the general public. I've basically seen nothing but hate for them on Twitter and other platforms... I like the simplicity but think they do a good job as well of meshing what once was and currently is.

I don’t think they have gotten overwhelming support even here. They are “meh” at best. But “meh” is still better than their last set which was god awful.

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

Same re noticing the negative feedback on twitter. I've realized that twitter tends to skew for what is "hip" rather than "timeless."

I want to point out that it doesn't make one opinion more correct than another. But theirs are bad and they should feel bad

1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

1x8ez8F.jpg

Orange numbers work well, in my opinion.

I actually prefer black numbers in a vacuum, but orange will probably look better when worn as a uniform with the striped helmet and white/black pants.. Both are still pretty good, though - quite the upgrade over the previous set, and that's coming from someone that doesn't completely hate the now-old look like most here do.

ExJworW.png

Archived