Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

2 hours ago, buckeye said:

This board is always the opposite it seems of the general public. I've basically seen nothing but hate for them on Twitter and other platforms... I like the simplicity but think they do a good job as well of meshing what once was and currently is.

I find that trend to be generally true a lot of the time as well, but I've also always thought that the worst thing that can happen for a new uniform reveal is having just the retail version of the new jersey leak. Most of us are extremely detail-oriented and at least a little creative, so we're able to imagine how this should or could function within a full context, and can appreciate it as a result. For others, they just see a wrinkly jersey on a hanger that lacks a lot of detail, so it's automatically bad.

Presentation and context are huge for these reveals in building up excitement, and a leak like this robs the team of those things. 

spacer.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

I'm willing to bet that with how popular the all-white color rush look was, the new white jerseys will be a flat reverse of the orange tops, with black stripes and orange numbers.

My question is that if we assume the white jersey has a stripe pattern does that mean stripeless pants to mix/match or 2 sets of white pants like the broncos and others because the striping did not tie out?

2 hours ago, buckeye said:

This board is always the opposite it seems of the general public. I've basically seen nothing but hate for them on Twitter and other platforms... I like the simplicity but think they do a good job as well of meshing what once was and currently is.

Twitter also says the below uniform is 🔥

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I feel like the orange numbers make the plain black-on-white stripes a little easier to take.

Agreed. And creates some more distinction from the other orange-heavy team in their division.

Also, I kind of a think a wolf grey ("tiger white") shirt could work for these new Bengals.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Agreed. And creates some more distinction from the other orange-heavy team in their division.

Also, I kind of a think a wolf grey ("tiger white") shirt could work for these new Bengals.

Lets just stop with the idea of this concept here, burn it, then bury it and never speak of it again.

I think a major takeaway for me is how the fan uniforms are straying further and further from the on-field stuff. I think the sleeves are too long on the fan uniforms. Yes, they make a replica cut, but I dont have interest in paying 300+ for a uniform.

I'm a size Medium, and previously ordered a Medium jersey. The sleeves touch my elbows. Zero of my t-shirts have that long of sleeves. Why the jersey has to be so long it makes no sense... We buy them to match the on-field players right? RIGHT? I'm not asking for them to be form fitting, I just think the sleeves are progressively getting longer, yet the on field sleeves are shorter.

This is yet another jersey that will look so different (and better) on shoulder pads, and bad on the fans.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

18 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

I think a major takeaway for me is how the fan uniforms are straying further and further from the on-field stuff. I think the sleeves are too long on the fan uniforms. Yes, they make a replica cut, but I dont have interest in paying 300+ for a uniform.

I'm a size Medium, and previously ordered a Medium jersey. The sleeves touch my elbows. Zero of my t-shirts have that long of sleeves. Why the jersey has to be so long it makes no sense... We buy them to match the on-field players right? RIGHT? I'm not asking for them to be form fitting, I just think the sleeves are progressively getting longer, yet the on field sleeves are shorter.

This is yet another jersey that will look so different (and better) on shoulder pads, and bad on the fans.

I feel like the replica sleeves have always been long as hell though. I have two size large Reebok Steelers jerseys, and the sleeves go down to my elbows. This is a problem that's never been fixed regardless of manufacturer. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

19 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

This is gonna look pretty great, assuming no major surprises to come.

Ignoring the pants stripe because who the hell knows what they'll do, but overall I think the mockup looks pretty great. I know tigers don't have orange stripes, but tigers don't play football either. I can forgive them for being zoologically inaccurate if the point still comes across and still looks good. 

As for numbers on the white jerseys - black please. It's historically the color they've always worn, and easier for legibility. I could be talked into and get used to orange numbers, though. 

I'm a fan of this cats*** football team so my opinion carries more weight than the rest of you goofs. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

44 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

I feel the sleeves are long to cover over regular t shirt sleeves it’s been that case forever though.

Archived