Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

I actually like the vertical pants stripes better than horizontal, even if horizontal makes more sense.  

But here's the thing - now you could potentially have black stripes (helmet), orange stripes (jersey), and some other color on the pants.  I'd prefer if the stripes were black everywhere.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could it be they kept the orange yolk on the home? I'm a bit worried for that honestly. 

That said I like them. Reminds me of the Falcons almost in terms of simplicity. But I'd definitely take that route over whatever the Rams route was. I'm also hoping that the on field uniforms will somehow have shoulder numbers, but I doubt they will, which isn't the best but oh well. 

It isn't a home run but its a nice triple. I'm excited to see the complete reveal. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Improvement, obviously.  It could be a bit of an over correction, in terms of trying to move away from the overly cluttered mess they've been wearing, but as I said recently about the Jags uniform, these days I'm not inclined to complain about an NFL uniform being too simple.

I've never liked the concepts I've seen with orange stripes on black, as a general rule. Tigers are orange with black stripes. Not black with orange stripes.

My doomed hope would be that they'd just get rid of the black pants entirely. They've shown zero ability to not use them in the worst ways possible.

34 minutes ago, JB-the-Hunter said:

Orange jerseys with black pants should be the primary

Regardless of the sports uniform question, I don't think that black pants are ever the correct answer.

It's where I sit.

Orange shoulder yoke/sleeves with black stripes for the home and away and a solid orange alternate would be the ideal way to go. Stripes should always be black on an orange base.

I also wouldn’t mind plain pants, white for home and away, with black and orange options

Just now, insert name said:

Why do I get the feeling they're gonna go for some bland monochrome look when it's all said and done?

Should be:

Black/white

Orange/black

White/black

Will be:

Black/black

Orange/orange

White/white

6uXNWAo.png

1 minute ago, insert name said:

Why do I get the feeling they're gonna go for some bland monochrome look when it's all said and done?

Nike's recent history all but guarantees it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Should be:

Black/white

Orange/black

White/black

Will be:

Black/black

Orange/orange

White/white

I'm telling you right now, it's gonna be white/black with solid black socks. 

XM4KeeA.png

All signs point to these being legit in my opinionㅡand I'm glad that's the case, because I like them!

You can definitely tell that simplifying the current look was the goal, and that was a good goal to have, because that's all the Bengals really need. I imagine the white away will look a little plain, though, presuming the stripes will be black. I'd also be bummed if they actually do end up darkening the orange, I don't really see a need for them to do that. I would have liked to see a bit of a "bolder" font, too, but I'm glad they're at least updating the current version.

Overall though, this is honestly about as nice as I could have expected this redesign to go. Thankfully, they seemed to have gone as simple as possible and just focused on the most essential elements of the Bengals brand.

5 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Just saw this on Twitter

You know what?

These are... fine. 

I wish the stripes were more on the sleeves than in between and maybe they could have gone with a more block number font, but these are okay. I still need to see the whites and the pants, though. 

(Also, looks like the "TV Numbers" really are going away)

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

3 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I would not be surprised if there’s no orange on it at all.

Is this your first rodeo? 😂 If the white jersey has all black elements, then the swoosh will be orange.

"After years of waiting

Nothing came

And you realize you were looking in

Looking in the wrong place"

In all seriousness, though, they are better than the last set.  No side panels plus no drop shadow is a big plus; but they feel very uninspired, the shoulder stripes are a bit too garish, and the lack of TV numbers is frustrating.  I love TV numbers, and there's no reason on Earth not to use them unless maybe you're 2010s Texas A&M.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

Archived