Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

10 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Immeasurably.

And holy :censored: I just realized that the TV numbers are the same size as the numbers on their 25th season patch.  :lol:

LAUGHABLE. McCaffrey's numbers are the same size as his collar. 

Just to compare this is what they looked like in 2004

ftball2.jpg

They didn't need them back then either, but if they must have them at least they're at a legible size. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am no fan of the current Bengals' uniforms, but I do not see these leaked jerseys as a good look, if the leaks are legit.   My issues include:

1. The stripes just don't look good.  They seem haphazard, with no balance between them or the directions they turn, curl, etc..  Compare the sleeve stripes to the somewhat balanced and symmetrical striping on the helmets and it is clear that these jerseys are too random. 

2. While I might be ok with random black stripes on an orange jersey, tigers are not black with thin orange stripes, they are orange with thin black stripes, so the main, black jersey is just bad.  It looks more like lacerations than tiger stripes. 

3. How hard would it have been to either update the Boomer Esiason era tiger striped shoulder panels or to have orange sleeves with tiger stripes at the shoulders on either black or orange jerseys. 

4. I already fear that the pants will also have a random set of stripes with no discernable pattern to them.  

Seriously, if this is the best they can do, just go back to 3 sleeve stripes and a helmet with "BENGALS" written across it.  

Based on two things... the removal of the B logo from the jersey, and the overall "clean and simple" mandate that's obviously taking place... I wouldn't be surprised to see them go the Jaguars route, and have plain white, black, and orange pants with the B logo on the hip.  And let me say, even before it might happen... I don't like it.

Assuming the leak is real, I like the look of the orange jersey. I am curious about the black and white jerseys. Based on the orange jersey, I can assume the black jersey will have orange stripes, which I don’t like. And what’s going on with the white? Will there be an orange yoke or black stripes on white? I still have a lot of questions and, of course, we haven’t seen any of the pants or combos yet. I’m not super hopeful for the new uniforms.

40 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Based on two things... the removal of the B logo from the jersey, and the overall "clean and simple" mandate that's obviously taking place... I wouldn't be surprised to see them go the Jaguars route, and have plain white, black, and orange pants with the B logo on the hip.  And let me say, even before it might happen... I don't like it.

Oh no. Very real chance you're right and I don't think I'll like it either. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Selfishly I really hope they don't go with orange pants. Two teams in the same division with orange pants is a bit much, especially when both have orange helmets. 

The weak "looks like the Bears" comparisons will be nothing if the Bengals start rolling out in white over orange and black over orange combos.

1 hour ago, pHiL Kizer said:

I wish the would go with something like this.  (Credit to the OC - Ted Hyman)

yjbcMDN.jpg

uU44NYm.jpg

oZSMnDu.jpg

Lmao no. No need to ruin of the more unique identities in the NFL.

I’d love that for a collegiate team though, but just not an NFL team. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

4 hours ago, Sport said:

I can go either way, but I've always thought them pretty unnecessary. Alabama and a few other notable college programs seem to get by just fine with clean shoulders and sleeves. Wouldn't a team like the Panthers look better without them? 

Plus the Bengals have a history of playing without TV numbers. 

9e1fb7_5142b3c71c0b4885b8c9e72bcb38cd2f.

But Alabama does have TV numbers, they are just on the helmet instead of the jersey.

1 minute ago, dont care said:

But Alabama does have TV numbers, they are just on the helmet instead of the jersey.

Fair. bad example. 

1177731047.jpeg

This looks better without a number on the shoulders than it would with a number on the shoulders. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Paul Brown | PSA AutographFacts™

The 1969 Tresler-Comet Paul Brown card – Tales from the AFL

Lot Detail - Paul Brown Signed Photograph

The one thing that stands out to me and makes me think it's fake is Paul Brown's signature. It just looks off to me, and if you're going to use it, why not put it on the front of the jerseys instead of hiding it? Who Dey makes more sense for the inside collar. Is there somewhere at Paul Brown Stadium that they even show off his signature? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Lmao no. No need to ruin of the more unique identities in the NFL.

I’d love that for a collegiate team though, but just not an NFL team. 

*Memphis Tigers have entered the chat*

Something just seems off to me about theses. Like the stripes feel like they were just slapped on at the last second and are just floating there, especially on the orange one. Maybe it'll look better on the players, since that's just a fan low-end replica.

Also already preparing myself for head to toe black and head to toe white being the primary combos.

48 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Paul Brown | PSA AutographFacts™

The 1969 Tresler-Comet Paul Brown card – Tales from the AFL

Lot Detail - Paul Brown Signed Photograph

The one thing that stands out to me and makes me think it's fake is Paul Brown's signature. It just looks off to me, and if you're going to use it, why not put it on the front of the jerseys instead of hiding it? Who Dey makes more sense for the inside collar. Is there somewhere at Paul Brown Stadium that they even show off his signature? 

Paul Brown said when George Halas died that he didn’t want a tribute on the uniforms like the Bears had given Halas. Putting his name inside the collar seems to violate that request as is, but not as much as if it appeared on the outside of the jerseys where it’s always visible. 

It’s sort of a weird thing for a fan to fake so I’m thinking it’s real. I’ve seen hundreds of Bengals concepts and zero have thought to use his signature. The one in the jersey does resemble the top one in your post. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I agree with most of you that these will be an upgrade over what they have, though admittedly the bar on that judgement is pretty low.

I'm all for simple, and I agree that TV numbers aren't necessary. But on these new designs, I'm not a fan of the tiger stripes floating on the shoulders as they do. I see them more as flames or the fingers of some mythical creature than as tiger stripes.

There's something about how the stripes were housed inside their own orange panels on the original tiger-stripe set that ensured that the stripes were unmistakably tiger stripes. Leaving them to float in that space diminishes the effect. 

spacer.png

Also, the white jersey will really help determine whether these new uniforms are a success or failure.

If they do the same with the white jersey as they do with the black or orange, and allow the stripes to float in a single color on the jersey, then it'll be a huge miss. The orange tiger-striped shoulder panels really are what made that earlier era's white jersey stand out. 

3 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

Based on the popularity of the color rush uniform, here is my best guess for the white jersey.

ergtergrege-format-jpg-name-large.png

That makes a lot of sense. 

And white bengal tigers do exist. 

white-bengal-tiger1-2.jpg

I do miss TV numbers on this but that's maybe because I am so used to having them on a jersey. With the way it should look on a player, there may not be any good room for it anyhow with this design. 

Go A's!

Archived