2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

15 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

I know there are many that say the AFC is a "crapshoot" and "no one is really dominant," but I love how tight it is.

I admit it is refreshing to see to see such a clust:censored:. 

Unforenetly it will probably end with the Chiefs coming out on top because next to The Patriots that would be the most boring, predictable outcome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoctorWhom said:
Apparently in the NFL you can make contact with the QB after he's already out of bounds. 

The worst part isn't that they flagged it, it's that they picked it up. 

Brady & Rodgers get that call 100% of the time. Prove me wrong. 

Stop it. That isn't a penalty. 

It's minimal contact and if anything, the Bills player was trying to hold him up after giving him the slightest of pushes. There have been tons of egregious penalties and non-penalties in the league this year (go back to the Hawks-Rams game or Browns-Packers game just in the last 5 days) but this isn't one of them. 

FTR, Patriot fans complaining about penalties after years of having Brady as their QB with all of the advantageous penalty calls they've gotten and their two decades of football dominance is a bit like a spoiled kid complaining they only got a Lambo on their 16th birthday instead of a Ferrari. 

• Like 6

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

14 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Stop it. That isn't a penalty. 

It's minimal contact and if anything, the Bills player was trying to hold him up after giving him the slightest of pushes. There have been tons of egregious penalties and non-penalties in the league this year (go back to the Hawks-Rams game or Browns-Packers game just in the last 5 days) but this isn't one of them. 

FTR, Patriot fans complaining about penalties after years of having Brady as their QB with all of the advantageous penalty calls they've gotten and their two decades of football dominance is a bit like a spoiled kid complaining they only got a Lambo on their 16th birthday instead of a Ferrari. 

Please stop defending :censored:ty reffing just because it hurt the Patriots.  

He was dragged down after he stepped out of bounds. "minimal contact my ass".  

Don't complain about the Refs if your just going to ignore or even defend those same egregious calls because they happen against a team you don't like. 

That makes you as bad if not worse than any Patriots fan. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

I think a more dumb rule is the “taunting” penalty that Trent Brown received. The NFL needs to stop pretending they have any sort of morality or integrity left to protect.

Aaron Rogers can tell the Chicago fans he owns them, Stefon Diggs can tell New England fans to “shut the f— up”, but Trent Brown yelling at a Bills player is more damaging to the shield?

I might be comparing apples to oranges, but who cares what these guys say to one another out on the field.

• Like 6
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Just now, Brass said:

I think a more dumb rule is the “taunting” penalty that Trent Brown received. The NFL needs to stop pretending they have any sort of morality or integrity left to protect.

Aaron Rogers can tell the Chicago fans he owns them, Stefon Diggs can tell New England fans to “shut the f— up”, but Trent Brown yelling at a Bills player is more damaging to the shield?

I might be comparing apples to oranges, but who cares what these guys say to one another out on the field.

I’ll add to this. The whole “think of the children!” excuse? They’ve heard worse playing Fortnite and even if they somehow didn’t have Internet, they’ve heard worse riding the bus or around their parents. NFL leadership is so out of touch, it’s not even funny.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Please stop defending :censored:ty reffing just because it hurt the Patriots.  

He was dragged down after he stepped out of bounds. "minimal contact my ass".  

Lmaoo, you're biased as hell here. Hughes Jr. barely pushed him and tried to hold him after Mac started falling. Hughes never once brought his arms down in manner that suggested he was trying to pull him down.

I mean, who the hell tries to pull down a player from behind while their arms are completely straight. That doesn't even make sense mechanically.  Hell, even Hughes' elbows were pointed down with his arms straight, another sign he was trying to hold him up. 

Once you take off your Patriot colored glasses and cool down after watching the Patriots lose control of the division to the Bills (lmao), you'll see what actually happened. Hughes Jr. gave Mac a push, realized it probably wasn't the best idea, grabbed him to stop him for going head first into the benches and tried to hold him up as Mac was falling.

Go watch videos of people actually trying to pull someone down from behind and watch the difference. 

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Lmaoo, you're biased as hell here. Hughes Jr. barely pushed him and tried to hold him after Mac started falling. Hughes never once brought his arms down in manner that suggested he was trying to pull him down.

I mean, who the hell tries to pull down a player from behind while their arms are completely straight. That doesn't even make sense mechanically.  Hell, even Hughes' elbows were pointed down with his arms straight, another sign he was trying to hold him up. 

Did he grab Mac after he already stepped out of bounds? If No, your right. If he did, that's a penalty. 

Just ignore Mac already had a full foot out of bound when Hughes grabbed him. Nevermind trying to "hold him up" is what made Mac fall so awkwardly. 

Don't complain about the refs being inconsistent when you're going to be just as inconsistent when you complain about it. 

18 minutes ago, Brass said:

That & Andrews got a flag to offset the late hit on Mac after he was already down. Because you aren't allowed to stand up for your QB either apparently. 

Bills were the better team, but that doesn't change the fact the Refs were terrible this game, plain fact. But people are either going to ignore it or defend it because most of those bad calls worked against the Patriots. 

• Dislike 1

I don’t feel bad about torching the JV Ravens. Not even a little bit. Bengals already creamed them at full strength in their house earlier this season so it’s not even a given that the true Ravens would’ve won today. 

• Like 7

PvO6ZWJ.png

Why Cowboys fans were so adamant on hoping that Cleveland and Giants were going to win is beyond me. The Giants are good for absolutely nothing and Cleveland decided that Baker Mayfield really wanted to be Santa Claus and throw interceptions like they were Christmas presents.

When you want something done right; you gotta do it yourself. Don't put blind faith in a third party; they'll often disappoint.

• Like 3

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

LOL, Jimmy Graham finally scores a touchdown in Seattle, but does it for the Bears.

Seahawks stink. Burn it down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

21 minutes ago, Sport said:

I don’t feel bad about torching the JV Ravens. Not even a little bit. Bengals already creamed them at full strength in their house earlier this season so it’s not even a given that the true Ravens would’ve won today. 

I'm happy for y'all, I really am.  You guys have suffered a lot over the last decade-plus so to have some actual exciting young talent must be really exciting.  Besides, if anyone is gonna win the division, I'd rather see you fools win it than the Browns or, god forbid, those-who-shall-not-be-named.

I'm just completely checked out of this football season.  It's really hard to get invested when half of the team is sitting on the sideline and every single game we have another cornerback or offensive linemen going down with an injury.  The 2021 Ravens were a house of cards from Week-frickin-1 and the only thing staving that off was Lamar Jackson playing like an MVP again.  Once the Dolphins decided to just blitz him with everything they had and Greg Roman refused to adjust, then he got hurt, the season was in the toilet.  Then add in throwing away the Pittsburgh game and losing in heartwrenching fashion to the Brownies and the Pack and I'm just kind of done.  As long as the Patriots/Steelers/Chiefs don't win it all I'm not too pressed.

• Like 3

spacer.png

56 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

LOL, Jimmy Graham finally scores a touchdown in Seattle, but does it for the Bears.

Seahawks stink. Burn it down.

I hate to say it... but I agree. They stink and it's time for an overhaul.

• WOAH 1

52 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Cowboys lead 42-7 at half: "somehow it will be 42-28 by the start of the 4th Quarter" but that didn't happen instead it was......

Cowboys win 56-14.

I know the WTF’s were decimated by injury and covid, but it was still nice to see the Cowboys offense finally wake back up with the defense continuing its stellar play. 

They thoroughly spanked an outclassed opponent like they should. It was hard to believe the scoreline at times lmao. Not used to seeing that from the Cowboys, like at all. I’ve seen them get beat like that many times in my life, never the one dishing out that punishment. 

Hopefully they continue this improved play next week and into the postseason. The Cowboys won’t get to play a deflated and depleted team like Washington every week (nor in the playoffs), but if all three phases execute their game like that, the Cowboys are absolutely a Super Bowl contender. 

• Like 2

On 12/26/2021 at 7:22 PM, Crabcake said:

I'm happy for y'all, I really am.  You guys have suffered a lot over the last decade-plus so to have some actual exciting young talent must be really exciting.  Besides, if anyone is gonna win the division, I'd rather see you fools win it than the Browns or, god forbid, those-who-shall-not-be-named.

I appreciate that, but my statement was intended with less sportsmanship. Prior to the last two games the Ravens had spent the previous two and a half seasons mercilessly slaughtering less than 100% Bengals teams and we didn’t get the pity treatment spin the Ravens got today. The NFL still shows Lamar Jackson’s spin move touchdown against the Bengals all-time worst defense two years ago in highlight spots. Last season Martindale was grouchy that the Bengals kicked a late field goal to avoid a shutout to lose 27-3*. Last season week 17 the Ravens smoked our backup QB with half the defense on IR. Nobody cared. If John Harbaugh is actually pissed that they threw a fifty yard pass so Burrow could hit 500 yards then he’s a bigger baby than I thought because it’s not like he’s never been on the good end of one of those games. The Bengals have owed him a couple ass-kickings. 

*and that score was closer than the actual game would indicate. The Ravens hammered Burrow all day and it was one of the only times he looked like a bad rookie. I would argue the Bengals kicked the field goal because Martindale kept blitzing when up 27-0 like a total prick. I said at the time the Bengals are so far away from the Ravens. I didn’t think this season they’d win one of the games with the Ravens let alone both. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

The one enjoyable thing for sure from 2021 in sports for me has been the Rams functionally killshotting the Pete Carroll and Russ Wilson era in Seattle over their 3 games this calendar year.  That is nice.

• Like 5
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

29 minutes ago, rams80 said:

The one enjoyable thing for sure from 2021 in sports for me has been the Rams functionally killshotting the Pete Carroll and Russ Wilson era in Seattle over their 3 games this calendar year.  That is nice.

You know what else will be nice? Seeing the Lambs flame out in the Wild Card or Divisional Round while OBJ throws a hissy fit.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

6 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

You know what else will be nice? Seeing the Lambs flame out in the Wild Card or Divisional Round while OBJ throws a hissy fit.

Ah well, at least they’ve never produced this:

Super Bowl GIF

I like Sherman, but I love this reaction .gif more.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1