2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

54 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

This is the NFL. Those are still professionals out there. Anybody can beat anybody on any given day. 

Fact.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

^And to that point, to quote Chris Berman: "THAT'S...why they play the games!"

Meanwhile, down in Jacksonville, it has LITERALLY become a clownshow now...

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Please refer to the Chiefs if you want to know what an impressive win streak looks like. 

Nah, Kansas City was always too talented to continue screwing up so a return to form is expected. No, I’m a lot more impressed that what looked like a major regression turned out not to be a regression at all. Miami actually turning around a 1-7 season to compete in the playoffs is quite remarkable considering where they’ve been recently. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

the headline there is very misleading.  

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Winning 7 straight is impressive regardless of their opponents. Miami can only play who’s on their schedule.

This is the NFL. Those are still professionals out there. Anybody can beat anybody on any given day. Though it isn’t surprising to see a biased Patriots fan downplay the accomplishments of one of their rivals lmao.

It's laughable because the Patriots got red carpets to the Divisional Round if not the AFC Championship game at home for almost two decades in large part because their six division games every year were against the mostly bad Dolphins, Bills, and Jets. The difference was an extra win or two every year that teams in more competitive divisions didn't get. Pats fans should have to STFU and eat all complaints for like 15 more years and the rest of us should be allowed to throw a tomato at anyone wearing Patriots apparel in public without any legal repercussions. Sorry, but that's the price for getting to enjoy the best run in NFL history.

• Like 11

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 hours ago, Sport said:

It's laughable because the Patriots got red carpets to the Divisional Round if not the AFC Championship game at home for almost two decades in large part because their six division games every year were against the mostly bad Dolphins, Bills, and Jets. The difference was an extra win or two every year that teams in more competitive divisions didn't get. Pats fans should have to STFU and eat all complaints for like 15 more years and the rest of us should be allowed to throw a tomato at anyone wearing Patriots apparel in public without any legal repercussions. Sorry, but that's the price for getting to enjoy the best run in NFL history.

Harsh, but accurate.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

The cynic in me tells me that refball will “somehow” show up at the remaining Steelers games, starting with Monday night.

If the SB is in Ben's hometown, then it's a done deal that the table will be tilted in their favor like it was when it was in Detroit and they rigged it so they could tell the story (a million times) of Jerome Bettis playing his last game in his home town.  Either way, they're going to try to make this a story line so even if they don't rig the games like they did XL, they'll try to get as much out of this as possible, so I feel bad for the teams that are the victims of the phantom personal fouls, holdings, PIs, etc.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, tBBP said:

Eh, firing a GM after one season is dumb. They had no chance to build a team at that point. He is still working with the majority of the same team. GM’s should be given 3-4 years before cutting the cord unless they are continuing a downward trend. This year can be chalked up to a coach being over his head egotistical :censored:bird. If next year it’s even worse cut bait with everyone.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

If the SB is in Ben's hometown, then it's a done deal that the table will be tilted in their favor like it was when it was in Detroit and they rigged it so they could tell the story (a million times) of Jerome Bettis playing his last game in his home town.  Either way, they're going to try to make this a story line so even if they don't rig the games like they did XL, they'll try to get as much out of this as possible, so I feel bad for the teams that are the victims of the phantom personal fouls, holdings, PIs, etc.

Well unless the NFL plans to host the SB in Lima OH I don't think we'll have to concern ourselves with the first part of that. That said, we WILL now have to be subjected to endless amounts of Big Been slathering from like all the media talking heads, to include the no-doubt "surefire first-ballot HoF talk because SUPERB OWLZ!!!321" and all that...then pine over just how great a career he's had and all the hero worship that'll come with it. (To be sure, though, dude is like in the top 10 of just about every passing category there is...buy serious question: if he had played and accomplished all his individual stats in a place like, say, Cincinnati or Jacksonville, would people still be "convinced" he's a HoFer at all, let alone a "surefire first-ballot" HoFer? We all know that black and yellow carries a whole lotta weight in Canton.) 

It is at this point we cease all discussion and reference to the overly obvious Detroit Screwjob that was SBXL...nope, not gonna go there. 

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

42 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Well unless the NFL plans to host the SB in Lima OH I don't think we'll have to concern ourselves with the first part of that. That said, we WILL now have to be subjected to endless amounts of Big Been slathering from like all the media talking heads, to include the no-doubt "surefire first-ballot HoF talk because SUPERB OWLZ!!!321" and all that...then pine over just how great a career he's had and all the hero worship that'll come with it. (To be sure, though, dude is like in the top 10 of just about every passing category there is...buy serious question: if he had played and accomplished all his individual stats in a place like, say, Cincinnati or Jacksonville, would people still be "convinced" he's a HoFer at all, let alone a "surefire first-ballot" HoFer? We all know that black and yellow carries a whole lotta weight in Canton.) 

It is at this point we cease all discussion and reference to the overly obvious Detroit Screwjob that was SBXL...nope, not gonna go there. 

Well Phillip rivers is a boarder line first ballot hall of famer, if he won a super bowl he’d be a sure fire first ballot, and they are both pretty similar in terms of stats and playing in the same era. I’d say Big Ben would be viewed just about the same. But at the same time if he wasn’t in Pittsburg I doubt he’d have played much longer after the rape allegations.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, tBBP said:

If he played in Cincinnati and had a ~20 year career, 2 SB titles, and played the way he did, yes - he'd be a first-ballot HOFer.  There's no disputing that he's a first-ballot type of player.

That being said, if he played in Cincinnati, he wouldn't have at least one of those titles because the 'Bowl wouldn't have been rigged, and maybe not even the other. He'd also probably have suffered 7 ACL tears and a dislocated head, so maybe not.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, tBBP said:

The only QB with 2 SB wins not in the HOF is Jim Plunkett, and Ben is 10x the quarterback Plunkett ever was. He'd get in anywhere, most likely first ballot. Being a Steeler just seals it

9 minutes ago, dont care said:

Well Phillip rivers is a boarder line first ballot hall of famer

Rivers would be luckiest QB ever if he gets in the Hall at all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:

Rivers would be luckiest QB ever if he gets in the Hall at all

He'll get in just because he will, but I agree that he doesn't belong there.  Had he never played a down, nothing would be any different.  That doesn't mean simply that he didn't win a championship - there's plenty of HOF-worthy QBs that didn't win a title (Marino for example) but Rivers just never "mattered", for lack of a better word.  Part of that may have been that he played in non-premiere markets, part may just be his personality, but it doesn't matter.  I don't think anyone ever thought that Rivers was really a threat to win a title or had some ridiculous skill that you just had to stop what you were doing to watch him play. 

EDIT: I'd personally put Donovan McNabb in before Philip Rivers despite not being the objectively better QB, and I don't think McNabb is a HOFer, but I have higher standards than the hall, which seems to be more of a Hall of Stats than a Hall of Fame.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

If number of kids was a stat and stats matter, Phillip Rivers would be a first-ballot, legendary status HOF.

I'm more impressed by his wife's fertility and willingness to be constantly barefoot and pregnant than by the ridiculous potency of his sperm.  If any of his kids grow up to be meaningful NFL players then maybe he should be put in the hall.  Until then, he can just have a display in the hall rather than being actually inducted - maybe a glass encasement with a game-worn uniform from SD and IND, and a semen sample.

• Like 1