2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

I've been a low key defender of Kirk Cousins since he ended up in Minnesota. In the NFL, you either stumble onto a high level QB (and then pretend like you had it planned all along) or you find somebody in the middle-ish, slightly upper half, build around them, and hope for the best. That's what the Vikings were doing with Cousins, and he is what he is. Maybe good enough to win if the rest of the team plays above average, not good enough to carry them if they don't.  Most idiot fans bagged on him over his contract, not realizing that like all NFL QB contracts, it looks like a king's ransom when it signed, and a bargain by year three.  Of course he signed for as much money as he could... what are you, stupid?

But this anti-vax stuff is the end for me.  In interviews he seems like he's at least intelligent enough to carry a conversation, but maybe it's just an act. Anybody so dumb they refuse to get vaccinated for something that's shut down the whole f'n world for a year in a half is not smart enough to play QB on a football team.  Probably not smart enough to feed himself.  He can go f himself.  If I had the power, I'd send him home for the season, or just bury him on the depth chart. I'd rather go 3 and 14 without him than 8 and 8 with him.

• Like 13

The Vikings are a dumbass football team.  64% vax rate, nobody listening to their coach, pissing away their talent, and destined to puke out a ~.500 season of gridiron gristle.

They drafted a criminal, too.  Just tip top stuff from the Vikings. 

Not to say the Bears are doing much better.  Teven Jenkins has missed a week of practice due to "back tightness" that I have no doubt will require season-ending surgery here in a couple weeks.  Their best defensive lineman just got COVID despite being vaccinated, their offensive line depth is a fine collection of swiss cheese, and the table is being set for a really, really frustrating start of a season that already looks woefully difficult on paper.

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

90% of these players are guys with zero education that literally get hit in the head daily and subject themselves to concussions for a living.  At this point, if an NFL football player can put together three complete grammatically-correct sentences in a row and not rape or abuse women, I'm impressed.  Let's not pretend these people are anything more than what they are.  Covid pushed me over the edge with athletes.

Frankly I was beyond shocked to see the Eagles were over 90%.  The slightly-less moronic players in green should give a talk to the completely-idiotic clowns across the street in red.

Just shut up, play your game on Sunday, then go home and play your video games.  Stop saying stupid things and beating women and other people.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ironically, I get a kick out of rednecks that are always yelling at actors who voice liberal viewpoints and tell them to "shut up and act", and yet here I am, telling these idiots to (basically) "shut up and dribble".  While I'll never understand their point of view, I get the frustration of hearing people that you're somewhat emotionally-invested in say things that you consider ridiculous.  I guess the difference is that listening to the sports idiots can prolong a global pandemic and get you killed, while listening to an actor might get you a liberal president or get you to go on a scientology pilgrimage.  

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

90% of these players are guys with zero education that literally get hit in the head daily and subject themselves to concussions for a living.  At this point, if an NFL football player can put together three complete grammatically-correct sentences in a row and not rape or abuse women, I'm impressed.  Let's not pretend these people are anything more than what they are.  Covid pushed me over the edge with athletes.

Frankly I was beyond shocked to see the Eagles were over 90%.  The slightly-less moronic players in green should give a talk to the completely-idiotic clowns across the street in red.

Just shut up, play your game on Sunday, then go home and play your video games.  Stop saying stupid things and beating women and other people.

The WNBA got a ton of praise for having 99% of their players fully vaccinated.  I think I read where MLS got 96% of their players, coaches and essential personnel also fully vaccinated as well.  

7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This is all true except the last part. Because when his career is over, you aren't going to get him to go back to the state of wisconsin with a gun to his head.

He's working on extending his relationship with the Packers for the long-term and he's still a minority owner of the Bucks, so I don't think he'll be in Cali or vacationing for every single day of his retirement life.  Packers have a pretty extensive alumni program, and I could see Rodgers doing things for the city and fans he loves.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

I found more joy in watching Hamilton-Winnipeg (CFL) than I did Pittsburgh-Dallas. Both games were on at the same time.

I suppose it’s because both Pittsburgh and Dallas have arguably the two most annoying fan bases AND teams in the league and I have zero attachments to the CFL.

What does it for me is I always try to find a player on each NFL team I can root for. The Steelers and Cowboys don’t have any of my concern.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

What does it for me is I always try to find a player on each NFL team I can root for. The Steelers and Cowboys don’t have any of my concern.

I’d say our quarterback is a nice, humble guy. He gets drowned out by Jerrah and the fan base, but Dak is definitely someone you can get behind.

9 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I’d say our quarterback is a nice, humble guy. He gets drowned out by Jerrah and the fan base, but Dak is definitely someone you can get behind.

I do like Dak to a point, but that point is being the QB of WFT’s rival. Oh, and he’s grotesquely overpaid 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I do like Dak to a point, but that point is being the QB of WFT’s rival. Oh, and he’s grotesquely overpaid 

Blame Carson Wentz. If Phila didn't open up the bank like that, the QB's after him wouldn't get as much. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 7/24/2021 at 4:58 PM, PittsburghSucks said:

So hopefully the Browns playoff win against the Steelers means the rivalry is back? BTW, I had a job in the mid 90's where Pittsburgh was my territory. I spent 2 days a week there. The Browns only beat the Steelers once while I had that job. And one of the years they beat us 3 times. My customers were great people. Loved talking sports with them. And they were just as pissed as I was when Modell announced the move to Baltimore. 

Oh yes, the rivalry is back indeed. One of my employees is actually a Browns fan (native to Ohio too), and he and I talk football all the time.

Hell even after the WC loss, I was low-key rooting for the Browns to upset the Chiefs the next week.

• Like 1

NSFCvyu.png

I've been complaining to anyone who'll listen about how stupid Kirk Cousins is for refusing the vax, but then I read a story about Lamar Jackson and I feel better. This genius just got covid for the second time. The. Second. Time.  And he's  still speaking the moron's refrain of "personal decision" which is idiot-speak for "my uncle says the vaccination is making us sterile".  He's amazingly talented, but the Ravens will never win it all with this guy at QB.

Twice!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I've been complaining to anyone who'll listen about how stupid Kirk Cousins is for refusing the vax, but then I read a story about Lamar Jackson and I feel better. This genius just got covid for the second time. The. Second. Time.  And he's  still speaking the moron's refrain of "personal decision" which is idiot-speak for "my uncle says the vaccination is making us sterile".  He's amazingly talented, but the Ravens will never win it all with this guy at QB.

Twice!

But he's going to win two super bowls and get two numbers retired!  He's an absolute moron.  I'm not sure how any organization could trust someone with such limited capacity to play the most important position for their billion-dollar team.

Edited by BBTV
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

But he's going to win two super bowls and get two numbers retired!  He's an absolute moron.  I'm not sure how any organization could someone with such limited capacity to play the most important position for their billion-dollar team.

It might help your cause if your last sentence were complete. Glass houses, stones and what not.

It's where I sit.