2021-22 NBA Thread

Gary

Thanks to Phoenix, Celtics are now in 1st place in the  East. Hard to believe when you looked at them 2 months ago. 

They still  have a tough road ahead though. Ending the season against the Heat, Bucks, & Grizzlies. Those are going to be key games right there. 

11 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

If the Pels & Spurs can do the entire NBA a favor and keep the LA Lebrons out of the playoffs, that would be fantastic. 

The rest of the Lakers have been doing a pretty good job of that.  With the Spurs, they're beating the teams they're supposed to right now which is great, but I wonder what will happen if it's down to them beating the Lakers on the last day of the season and the winner is in, and the loser is out.  I don' t know if the young guys can handle it quite yet. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Being a Sacramento Kings fan must be suffering on a level very few pro sports teams can manage.

And in today's NBA, there are only two tried and true paths to relevancy: draft the rare generational superstar (Milwaukee, Memphis) and create the circumstances that compel him to stay there,  or be a place where those generational superstars escape to if those circumstances aren't compelling enough. (Miami, L.A., Brooklyn, etc.).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, who do you think said:

When the brain of every GM you hire seems to melt out through his ears and nose the instant he steps into his new office, there might be a greater problem within the organization.

Any front office that would allow this shouldn't be allowed to be a front office:

As long as Vivek is there, the Kings will be a disaster. The NBA should have let them move to Seattle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, PittsburghSucks said:

It's official, the Los Angeles Lakers are going fishing...

Finally, closure to this awful season.

Bye Vogel. Bye Westbrook. Starting over next year will be good for everyone. And never allow LeBron to pick his teammates ever again.

• Applause 1

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

16 minutes ago, PittsburghSucks said:

It's official, the Los Angeles Lakers are going fishing...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

6 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Finally, closure to this awful season.

Bye Vogel. Bye Westbrook. Starting over next year will be good for everyone. And never allow LeBron to pick his teammates ever again.

I'm so glad this Murphy's Law of a season is over, but how exactly will we get rid of Westbrook? He has an enormous contract and he was made to look like he was the sole reason for this collapse. Unfortunately, I doubt Russ is going anywhere.

3 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I'm so glad this Murphy's Law of a season is over, but how exactly will we get rid of Westbrook? He has an enormous contract and he was made to look like he was the sole reason for this collapse. Unfortunately, I doubt Russ is going anywhere.

Isn't he expiring next season? That's an attractive contract for some teams.

If not, I'm still sure the Lakers will dump him somehow. He's already been traded twice (three times?) on his current deal. Someone will be a sucker.

• Like 1

Lakers should just clean house. Get rid of Westbrook & LeCancer. Start from scratch like OKC. 

LeBron has to be worth at least 2 first round pick, maybe 3? 

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Carrying a team all season. Not surprised. And they could have had DeRozan instead of Westbrook.

Carried the team, then quit on them when it mattered most.

If he plays another game, it's proof he cared more about the scoring title than the chance of getting his team in the playoffs.