2021-22 NBA Thread

Gary

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Apparently it’s because Harden was immensely disliked in the Nets locker room, whereas Kyrie isn’t.

Technically, this is a good trade for Philly, but who knows what type of Harden they’re getting. Harden has now quit on and forced a trade on two teams in one year when the going got tough. He’s a known locker room cancer and literally takes no responsibility. 

Good luck, Philly. 

despite all this he’s only the third-worst personality in this entire ordeal, so

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

9 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Apparently it’s because Harden was immensely disliked in the Nets locker room, whereas Kyrie isn’t.

Technically, this is a good trade for Philly, but who knows what type of Harden they’re getting. Harden has now quit on and forced a trade on two teams in one year when the going got tough. He’s a known locker room cancer and literally takes no responsibility. 

Good luck, Philly. 

Do you know that kyrie isn’t disliked in the locker room? I mean how would anyone like him outside of “but he’s good at basketball” reasons.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Good luck, Philly. 

For us Sixers fans, it is kind of like playing Pick Your Poison. I think I'll take my chances with an :censored: that actually wants to play basketball and not feign mental illness.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wings2 said:

I think we're getting a Suns-Bucks finals rematch. 

Seems the most likely outcome. But the East is going to be real crazy down the stretch. The Bucks of course, but Miami is good too, Cleveland seems real legit, you have to assume Brooklyn will get good again but right now they’re in the play-in??  And Philly and Toronto and Boston all hitting strides after tough starts… it was such a weird start to the season but now it’s getting good.

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 2/11/2022 at 7:22 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

Good luck, Philly. 

Oh stop. They turned nothing into something. How is that only "technically" a good trade? They turned a guy who was literally refusing to play into a perennial all-star. The only knock you could possibly make on this acquisition is that Harden, at 32, may not have much time left playing at the level we're accustomed to.

> But Harden's quit on two teams now!

Yeah, him and every other elite player in this stupid league when they get tired of their old superteam and want a new one. How many times has LeBron bailed on a team and left them in shambles? We're currently at 3, could very well be 4 whenever he hits free agency next and takes stock of how cloudy the Lakers' future is looking after emptying the vault for that one ring and then for Westbrick. I don't think any of LeBron's new franchises have ever regretted taking him on. Also see Durant (twice) and Kawhi Leonard (also twice, with a healthy dose of petulant gaslighting on his way out of San Antonio). At least Harden, by asking for trades, allows his old team to get something back in return.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Digby said:

In the past two weeks the Celtics have beat Miami by 30, Brooklyn by 35, and now Philadelphia by 48 (!!).

Maybe the Lakers have a run like this in them...

(I know they don't :( )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 2/13/2022 at 4:20 AM, who do you think said:

Oh stop. They turned nothing into something. How is that only "technically" a good trade? They turned a guy who was literally refusing to play into a perennial all-star. The only knock you could possibly make on this acquisition is that Harden, at 32, may not have much time left playing at the level we're accustomed to.

> But Harden's quit on two teams now!

Yeah, him and every other elite player in this stupid league when they get tired of their old superteam and want a new one. How many times has LeBron bailed on a team and left them in shambles? We're currently at 3, could very well be 4 whenever he hits free agency next and takes stock of how cloudy the Lakers' future is looking after emptying the vault for that one ring and then for Westbrick. I don't think any of LeBron's new franchises have ever regretted taking him on. Also see Durant (twice) and Kawhi Leonard (also twice, with a healthy dose of petulant gaslighting on his way out of San Antonio). At least Harden, by asking for trades, allows his old team to get something back in return.

Going to a different team through Free Agency isn't "bailing" on a team and leaving them in shambles. That team had plenty of time to either re-sign the player or plan for life after the player left.

I agree with all your other points, though.

• Like 3

jNTsTyQ.png

12 hours ago, Digby said:

In the past two weeks the Celtics have beat Miami by 30, Brooklyn by 35, and now Philadelphia by 48 (!!).

That defense is what's been carrying them. Credit to Brad Stevens making some really good moves in his first year as GM. 

Unloading a bunch of bench players to clear some cap & bring Theis back, and trading a 1st round pick  for Derrick White. 

Season really looked like a wash, but since Christmas they've really done a complete 180 and are now only 1 game out for the division. 

• Like 2

You can't make me believe that the entire state of Maine purchase more than 10 Vince Carter jerseys last year:

• LOL 2

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

18 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Oh cool, AD is dead again.

The Lakers' season has been akin to a classic Gary's Mod video: a bunch of people getting ragdolled, a frantic and messy pace, and a lot of technical skills* going into what's ultimately a comedy of errors.

*In ye olde days before Source Filmmaker, rigging cameras in GMod was an absolute pain.

• WOAH 1

32 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

People still buy Yao Ming jerseys? 

Missed that. And yeah, can't be more than 25 jerseys sold in the whole state.

This is somewhat beyond NBA-only, but I'm very confused as to the events names for All Star Weekend.

Last night's events was just called "The Clorox Rising Stars". The dunk contest is just called "The AT&T Slam Dunk" (which it has been for a while, with different sponsors). Why is it not called the Slam Dunk Contest? It's still called the Three Point Shootout, I'm not sure why we're leaving off some of the nouns here.

Outside of basketball, NBC has the Toyota Halftime, instead of the halftime report. of halftime show. it just sounds weird as hell.

The only pure NBA All-Star event left -- the 3-point contest -- was just won by Karl-Anthony Towns. Good for him!