MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

For KC: at least there isn't black or silver! 

I'm not sure which bothers me more: illegible area code numbers or multiple "state lines".  “If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?”  Are there really numbers there?  What's the point if I can't even see them?

I can't be the only one who thinks there is too much of a reliance on embossed designs. I love the idea; it allows for some nice creativity without making something too crazy, but it also makes shirts look plain at a distance, and without the right lighting.  With the amount of similar templating and embossed graphics in this year's crop, I feel like it's just going to be a constant sight of plain jerseys running around. It's such a shame because the patterns this year are amazing. Maybe a more sublimated/tonal approach (see Timbers home jersey) would help out a bit. Or, Kansas City's design would be improved if the state lines were light blue pinstripes, IMO

• Like 4

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

11 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I can't find anything on Twitter myself, but on the r/OCLions kit release megathread they said someone on Twitter posted this picture:

yxrls2pjuni81.png?width=1170&format=png&

...which if it's true I'm so incredibly excited. Take my money, all of it

Definitely seems like gradient stripes, but this teaser also suggests that there’s a gradient on the base as well:

spacer.png

This could be really good…. or akin to *that* Columbus kit. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

47 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

I can't be the only one who thinks there is too much of a reliance on embossed designs. I love the idea; it allows for some nice creativity without making something too crazy, but it also makes shirts look plain at a distance, and without the right lighting.  With the amount of similar templating and embossed graphics in this year's crop, I feel like it's just going to be a constant sight of plain jerseys running around. It's such a shame because the patterns this year are amazing. Maybe a more sublimated/tonal approach (see Timbers home jersey) would help out a bit. Or, Kansas City's design would be improved if the state lines were light blue pinstripes, IMO

Yeah, fine line between subtle and invisible.  In the last few minutes I've doodled this up:

fhnTOzC.png

Middle is same template, right is my dream world where Adidas doesn't force a HUGE logo and instead settles for the collar (which works nicely with this design IMO)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Definitely seems like gradient stripes, but this teaser also suggests that there’s a gradient on the base as well:

spacer.png

This could be really good…. or akin to *that* Columbus kit. 

My guess: light purple base which fades to white with overlayed sun rays that fade from dark purple to red orange to yellow.

I think I'm pretty easy to please. Show some innovation and daring, and I'm basically there. Those new Orlando City jerseys are super nice.

There have been some great looks this season (Orlando, Portland), but I think more turds (Seattle, Chicago, KC, NE). 

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Here’s LAFC official press release:

I wish the gold in these images reflected what the kit actually looked like in person, but overall I’m starting to like the kit a lot more. 

The centered crest is what’s ruining it for me, but I believe I’m in the minority with that. Otherwise this is easily the best kit since their inaugural home kit. It’ll look good on the field. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Okay, I’m now officially a grumpy elder millennial. Orlando and Portland suck, in ten years we’re gonna laugh at those. And then in forty years we’ll all be dead because of the US healthcare system spending more money on ads than patient care.

I feel like the Sporks have a new sponsor every year, and a new stadium sponsor every two years. Can we have some consistency? 

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins