Photo edits

vicfurth

Id love to see the Pirates in a yellow hat with a black P

and also the Raiders in an all silver combo. Thatd be crazy

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might not be fair as this is a black and white photo, but seeing as how this is my first attempt at using Photoshop, I'll post it and will take whatever C & C anyone wants to give me.

Jackie Robinson as a San Francisco Giant...

JROBSFG.gif

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

THat's nice. Wasn't Robinson traded to the Giants at the end of career? I had heard he was traded but refused to play for them so he retired.

I found out he was, he was traded during the off-season in 1956. I can't figure out exactly why though. Maybe if you play for the Dodgers, you wouldn't want to EVER play for the Giants .... and vice-versa.

I saw, I came, I left.

THat's nice. Wasn't Robinson traded to the Giants at the end of career? I had heard he was traded but refused to play for them so he retired.

I found out he was, he was traded during the off-season in 1956. I can't figure out exactly why though. Maybe if you play for the Dodgers, you wouldn't want to EVER play for the Giants .... and vice-versa.

Well, from what I have heard it was a heated rivalry back when they both played in New York that the 2 teams literally hated each other. So I guess that's why he wouldn't play for the Giants. The Dodgers traded him because he was slowing up and getting old.

Sorry I missed this, but basically everything quad has said is accurate. Jackie was traded to the Giants for $30,000 and pitcher Dick Littlefield. The Gaints offered him $60,000 in salary, but due to a Look magazine article that got leaked to the press and criticism from Dodgers management, Jackie felt compelled to just retire rather than report to the Giants.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived