Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

3 minutes ago, TreyEight said:

I actually like em and think its better then the Titans, Falcons and Rams rollout.

Today in "Damning with faint praise."

• Like 17
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 minutes ago, TreyEight said:

I actually like em and think its better then the Titans, Falcons and Rams rollout.

Being better than the three most reviled jerseys in the NFL isn't exactly hard, and even then I'd argue these are real contenders in the mix for worst rebranding.

• Like 10

- bengals font

- dot matrix everywhere (Design Is My Passion)

- BFBS (they ran out of ideas)

- origami W logo 

- honoring their Native origins by stealing branding from other teams already called the Commanders

- outbranded by both their previous generic identity and their local XFL team

- almost 100 years of history and a home-run color scheme, given two years to brainstorm and they soiled themselves 

• Like 32
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

This is exactly what happens when you have a Dan Snyder team rebrand. This franchise needs to be contracted and replaced with, IDK, a team in Anchorage or London.

Since it looks like our bid to buy the Broncos over in SiG is going to fall through and we can't do this with that team, I suggest moving the Washingtons to Hartford and rebranding them as the Hartford Football Whalers Football Team and Canoe Club.

Problem solved.

• Like 12

BB52Big.jpg

Helmets will make a difference, but my Worst NFL Uniform power rankings are currently:

1.  New York Jets

2.  Washington Football Team

3.  Arizona Cardinals 

4.  Tennessee Titans

5.  Detroit Lions

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

43 minutes ago, UncleJunior said:

The fact a DC News Chopper pretty much made this public cracks me up. I did see a "oops" leak on a piece of paper from a NBC Sports Washington.

Nah, not a fan of the logo, name. Jerseys are ok though I guess.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Home: Like the Rams, is pretty much alright, but needs a couple of elements tweaked. In this case, it's the overly big and awkward wordmark. Still by far the best jersey of the 3.

Away: Also like the Rams, the away jersey is just way too overdesigned. Gradients, black, the Titans-like swoosh colored like it was a last thought, just all awful. At least it's not some sort of "command beige" color or something like that.

Third: I don't hate the design, but I hate the fact it's tied with this team. It's more at home as a Military Appreciation fashion jersey than as a BFBS alternate. It's too gimmicky to look right on an NFL field.

Looks like I guessed it, the NFL and Nike have reached a stage where everything needs to look different. No consistent design anymore, and it just looks all awful.  If this was a blind test without any identifiers/logos, I would say that all three of these jerseys are from 3 different teams. I'm curious to see what the helmets and pants look like, although I'm not hopeful. This just all another overdesigned, overthought mess. 

• Like 4

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 1/4/2022 at 11:56 AM, tajmccall said:

I have a feeling the name is going to be something extremely stupid.  Its Washington DC - i expect them to overthink it and pander to someone.  I assume the Military will be the ones who get that honor this time out.  

Its almost certainly going to be Commanders.  And its going to be stupid as hell. 

Gotta take the poorly rendered W on this call, FOLKS.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Looking forward to the portion of tomorrow's presser where Dan Snyder states "We listened to our fans.."

🧢

"The gradient represents our team's transition into a brand new era of Commanders Football(tm), and we hope you're as excited to represent our new identity as we are to bring it to you."

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Ridleylash said:

"The gradient represents our team's transition into a brand new era of Commanders Football(tm)."

"The Hog's Grey Camouflage represents the dark cloud over my entire tenure as team owner"

• Like 12

6uXNWAo.png