Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

14 minutes ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

Why is every jersey so different?

I'm guessing it's a way to entice fans to buy more jerseys? Fans might be more open to buying a new jersey if every one looks different. This is all speculative, of course, but I guess its a way to add a more "collectible" function than what jerseys already have.

Another theory is that it makes jersey changes easier. If a certain jersey isn't received well or doesn't sell, they could just drop it and replace it without having to worry about the other jerseys and changing their look. Probably even more appealing with the new 2-helmet system.

The last possible explanation is Nike wanting to throw every one of their ideas onto a jersey and seeing if it works. As we all know, Nike is no stranger to just throwing something out there, even if it means they will change 5 years later because they can.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

18 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

Oh lord, they're unironically going to be using "swag" as part of their marketing. :censored:ing kill me now.

"Truly epic"

"Bold and confident"

"Gotta have some swag"

"Rep us"

Oh boy this is getting worse by the second. Since they have a middle schooler as an owner, might as well use the proper language, right?

• Like 15

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

That white jersey is so bad. I didn’t expect competence from this franchise but somehow whatever expectations I had were too high. 

I’m scared to see what the pants are gonna look like. I swear if the away set has pants with the weird pseudo-Diamondbacks striping ....

• Like 4

I don't even care that each jersey is so different from each other. Each jersey is so poorly designed on its own.

The burgundy is obviously the best one, but is still awful. Color balance must be a foreign concept with these uniforms. Numbers should either be solid yellow to match the rest of the new branding or white with yellow trim to maintain the visual language of the franchise's brand. The striping either needs to balance white and yellow if they're going to touch, or separate them with burgundy in between. This just looks like :censored:.

The white and black jerseys aren't even worthy of critique. There's nothing of value.

What a mess.

• Like 9

Lmaooooooooooo. These are the worst uniforms in the league, bar none. Oh my god. 

We’ve known the name for a while, and I’ve accepted that, but holy crap these uniforms. I’m literally befuddled at how bad these are. 

• Like 10

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

This is :censored:ing stupid. All they needed to do was slap a W and a stripe on the helmets. Hell, throw commanders on the jerseys so people will buy new ones if they must. JFC, I don’t even get excited for this :censored: anymore because I know it’s just gonna piss me off. I don’t care what the helmets and pants look like. The jerseys are dog :censored:, even the burgundy one,  by association.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kiltman said:

“We asked our fans* what they wanted to see.”

* fans being only the patrons of the DC metro area Mission BBQs

spacer.png

I don’t understand the 3 wildly different designs

Wordmark on left is another test for possible ads on jerseys (like Rams)?

8 hours ago, burgundy said:

The black sleeve stripes are memorial bands, representing the death of my fandom.

spacer.png

They should just keep previous jerseys

• Like 3

4r2eer.png

As a life long fan of the Washington professional football franchise, I feel like a relationship just ended. There is no connection to the past or the fans. I feel that the white jersey having no gold is the biggest slap in the face. This is so bad and I don’t know if I can recover. I may be destined to be an old cat lady of pro football who never loves again.

Snyder ruined everything. Today just sucks.