NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

28 minutes ago, the_grateful_ted said:

In my perfect world… the cardinals use double red (ala the SA Commanders). It’s a totally unique color scheme in major league US sports, and it justifies using an extremely simple uniform that lets the colors shine on their own. I honestly don’t care if those elements were ultra-sublimated flag designs, simple truncated “wing” striping, or some subtle gradient design based off sunrises/mountain ranges. Colors could play #1, everything else is an accessory. Unfortunately this is not the ideal world, the cardinals would never do that, and I remain entirely baffled where they will take their identity 

This concept from @Jeffery  has always been one of my favorites, it uses the double red color scheme you're envisioning and uses truncated stripes to give a subtle now to the Arizona flag. It's a bit brash for the Cardinals, but it's definitely a solid idea. Remove the helmet stripes and I think it's a winner.

5hezmbg.gif

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

19 hours ago, Sport said:

Image-49.jpg

I've seen this movie so many times and I could have sworn the pants had two red stripes. Looking it up they removed the black in 1996 which is one year after this movie.

Honestly, the Cardinals are such a boring team that I hardly ever notice anything about them or notice when they even play and realizing this about Jerry Maguire is just one of those examples. No offense to any Cardinals fans on this board, but they have never once had anything stand out to me aside from their current stadium. It's weird, it's almost like they should probably just do something ridiculous and off the wall with their uniforms but the problem is that it probably wouldn't work.

I feel like the team is cursed is just cursed man. They gotta get outta that curse.

bSLCtu2.png

27 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

It's weird, it's almost like they should probably just do something ridiculous and off the wall with their uniforms but the problem is that it probably wouldn't work.

I think they've already tried that with the uniforms they're wearing now. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

38 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I've seen this movie so many times and I could have sworn the pants had two red stripes. Looking it up they removed the black in 1996 which is one year after this movie.

Honestly, the Cardinals are such a boring team that I hardly ever anything about them or when they even play and this is just one of those examples.

I've long wondered if they were chosen as the team in Jerry Maguire because they were one of the more anonymous teams in sports at the time playing in a city that they were still relatively new to so the movie could graft whatever they wanted onto the team without the audience having many preconceived notions about what it would mean for Rod Tidwell to play for them. Any other team would've had baggage and the Cardinals of that era allowed us to believe that Tidwell had been toiling away there in obscurity because the Cardinals were the definition of NFL obscurity at that time. 

No offense to any Cardinals fans on this board, but they have never once had anything stand out about them aside from their current stadium and that 2002 Vikings upset.

When I think of the Cardinals I think of Larry Fitzgerald and nearly winning the Super Bowl over the Steelers with Kurt Warner. 

It's weird, it's almost like they should probably just do something ridiculous and off the wall with their uniforms but the problem is that it probably wouldn't work.

I think they tried that in 2005 and it has never worked. 

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 minutes ago, Sport said:

I've long wondered if they were chosen as the team in Jerry Maguire because they were one of the more anonymous teams in sports at the time playing in a city that they were still relatively new to so the movie could graft whatever they wanted onto the team without the audience having many preconceived notions about what it would mean for Rod Tidwell to play for them. Any other team would've had baggage and the Cardinals of that era allowed us to believe that Tidwell had been toiling away there in obscurity because the Cardinals were the definition of NFL obscurity at that time. 

I think that's been a pretty common strategy with sports movies, especially with baseball movies.

The '80s were a forgettable decade for the Indians, outside of "Major League." The Twins were on their mid-'90s downward spiral toward eventual contraction talks when "Little Big League" came out in '94.  The Cubs were still perpetual disappointments in '93 when "Rookie of the Year" came out, so its narrative that involved the team making the NLCS seemed like a fantasy.  The Tigers were also a largely forgettable team in '99 when "For Love of the Game" came out. 

I've always assumed that this was one of those levers that poor-performing teams can pull when the team's poor performance is holding back revenue and exposure. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I think that's been a pretty common strategy with sports movies, especially with baseball movies.

The '80s were a forgettable decade for the Indians, outside of "Major League." The Twins were on their mid-'90s downward spiral toward eventual contraction talks when "Little Big League" came out in '94.  The Cubs were still perpetual disappointments in '93 when "Rookie of the Year" came out, so its narrative that involved the team making the NLCS seemed like a fantasy.  The Tigers were also a largely forgettable team in '99 when "For Love of the Game" came out. 

I've always assumed that this was one of those levers that poor-performing teams can pull when the team's poor performance is holding back revenue and exposure. 

I've read that Major League Baseball insisted on the Mariners being included in the baseball scene in Naked Gun because they were so irrelevant at the time and they wanted to give the franchise more visibility. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

Meanwhile, 1996’s The Fan used the Giants because it needed Wesley Snipes to be a Barry Bonds analogue. Also, the Giants were in a mediocre period between nearly winning the division in ‘93 and winning the division in ‘97. Visible because perennial MVP contender, but still mediocre enough and playing in an awful stadium.*

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Translation: not this year, maybe next year

Alternate translation: Wealthy old owner who inherited his father's franchise and reputation for stinginess does not prioritize team's on field look because there might be an out of pocket expense for a uniform overhaul and he's worn the same damn clothes for the last 35 years.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

I know it could be much worse but that design is just so outdated that it almost feels weird to still see it.

Yep, its pretty much the same category the Bengals were in before last year.

And now they look so great since they finally got new uniforms.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2022 at 1:15 PM, guest23 said:

Alternate translation: Wealthy old owner who inherited his father's franchise and reputation for stinginess does not prioritize team's on field look because there might be an out of pocket expense for a uniform overhaul and he's worn the same damn clothes for the last 35 years.

Further from the truth, when Michael Bidwell took over he didn’t take his fathers mantra of penny pinching every dollar. We’ve had more success over the years with him then in the past. He has gone on the air a couple times saying it is on the radar but it’ll be a couple years away. Hopefully better than what the Commanders have done. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gary said:

Further from the truth, when Michael Bidwell took over he didn’t take his fathers mantra of penny pinching every dollar. We’ve had more success over the years with him then in the past. He has gone on the air a couple times saying it is on the radar but it’ll be a couple years away. Hopefully better than what the Commanders have done. 

He's an entitled failson and if you want to smooth over that go for it but I'm going to hold firm on my joke. 

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, guest23 said:

He's an entitled failson and if you want to smooth over that go for it but I'm going to hold firm on my joke. 

And whatever floats your boat. Because if you want to say it as a joke. Better have some kind of emoji to cover yourself with. Because not really entitled when he knows the business. So move on peace out

• Like 3

On 2/22/2022 at 9:58 AM, Sport said:

Yes. Correct. The Jake Plummer unis overthought the simplicity of the brand. When you use those colors in that way with that Generic Helmet from Every Sporting Goods Store in the Country helmet it's not sharp like the Raiders or Giants, it's just boring. It's a nothing statement. You gotta do something from the neck down because the helmet isn't adding any punch on its own, but the incredibly 2004 uniforms they've been wearing since 2005 are the opposite of that. 

A variation of this concept has been done a million times, but it's just too obvious. Do this, never change again. 

spacer.png

If you look up the 1980's era University of North Carolina Tar Heels, I would use the stripes they had before. 

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Quite an interesting striping pattern, indeed.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Wow--guess Ohio State wasn't the only team with TV numbers visible from Mars...

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||