NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

6 hours ago, IceCap said:

Listen TheSoundOfThrowingPennies, do you have nothing better to do then come here every other NFL off-season and spread a bunch of fake "leaks"? 

TheSoundofThrowingPennies brought me back. Damn... Forgot about them.

• LOL 1

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

But the Chargers are DEFINITELY switching to Purple, right guys? Their blue is FOR SURE purple. I mean Periwinkle. I mean Banned.

Oh FormerLurker...

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

da0Lbhs.png

7 hours ago, IceCap said:

Another good one was a guy (may have BradyIsMyHomeboy) who claimed Nike was seeding concepts on these very boards to gauge reactions to certain design elements. 

And he posted a specific Seahawks concept as "proof." Only for the concept artist to laugh him outta here.

Getting accused of being a Nike spy who had infiltrated this site with designs on a "crappy template" (Andrew Harrington's very good template) to test the waters is the greatest praise I've ever received for my work.

Fun fact, that design was the first thing I ever made in inkscape.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

11 hours ago, simtek34 said:

But the Chargers are DEFINITELY switching to Purple, right guys? Their blue is FOR SURE purple. I mean Periwinkle. I mean Banned.

Oh FormerLurker...

That was hilarous. And the fact that he posted a true purple concept only to say it was periwinkle when we got closer to the actual reveal.

18 hours ago, IceCap said:

I get it to a degree...but also the King designation is kind of its own thing with playing cards, you know? It doesn't mean anything beyond "this is the card worth the most." 

Ace high in Poker. 

We're splitting hairs here but given how strongly Washington was against the whole concept of kings, its just "dog walking on hind legs" odd to see his face next an abbreviation for king.

• Like 4

So for these international matchups, we have:

Vikings at Saints I'm hopeful the Saints will finally wear black for this matchup for the first time since the '09 NFCCG, but they seem to love wearing white against this team for some reason.  They even did it again after the 2019 playoff loss. I view this as a possible Color Rush game for New Orleans, which they seem to save for national TV games.

Giants at Packers These teams have had some memorable Frozen Tundra battles over the years. '07 NFCCG, 2016 divisional game with the Cobb Hail Mary. I don't like when less common matchups get moved to London. Would've loved to see a more modernized visual version of this matchup at Lambeau. Disappointing.

Broncos at Jaguars Would've liked to see the Jags wear teal vs. Denver since we missed out on that last year. Now it will likely be all-black again in London, like they wore vs. Denver in 2016.

Seahawks at Buccaneers Another pretty rare meeting that I would've preferred to see at Raymond James as long as Tampa wears red, which  I assume they will here.

49ers at Cardinals - Seen plenty of times. Who cares?

For the sake of rare trips to opponent stadiums/rare uniform pairings, I wish more division games were played overseas. Or these new 17th game opponents are also a good option. Titans played at Lambeau in 2020. Chiefs played at Tampa twice in 2020. How bout put these matchups overseas this time around. I guess these are considered 'marquee' matchups that need to remain in the states for prime time.

On 5/4/2022 at 10:49 AM, NFLfan10 said:

So for these international matchups, we have:

Vikings at Saints I'm hopeful the Saints will finally wear black for this matchup for the first time since the '09 NFCCG, but they seem to love wearing white against this team for some reason.  They even did it again after the 2019 playoff loss. I view this as a possible Color Rush game for New Orleans, which they seem to save for national TV games.

Giants at Packers These teams have had some memorable Frozen Tundra battles over the years. '07 NFCCG, 2016 divisional game with the Cobb Hail Mary. I don't like when less common matchups get moved to London. Would've loved to see a more modernized visual version of this matchup at Lambeau. Disappointing.

Broncos at Jaguars Would've liked to see the Jags wear teal vs. Denver since we missed out on that last year. Now it will likely be all-black again in London, like they wore vs. Denver in 2016.

Seahawks at Buccaneers Another pretty rare meeting that I would've preferred to see at Raymond James as long as Tampa wears red, which  I assume they will here.

49ers at Cardinals - Seen plenty of times. Who cares?

For the sake of rare trips to opponent stadiums/rare uniform pairings, I wish more division games were played overseas. Or these new 17th game opponents are also a good option. Titans played at Lambeau in 2020. Chiefs played at Tampa twice in 2020. How bout put these matchups overseas this time around. I guess these are considered 'marquee' matchups that need to remain in the states for prime time.

I prefer the 17th games to be in the states. Because even with the extra 17th game it's still one game less than the same place finisher games within the conference.

I'm predicting the Chargers to wear yellow pants for the Chiefs game in week 2 which was announced. LAC will probably have their home opener in week 1, and will go all white for that.

9 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I'm predicting the Chargers to wear yellow pants for the Chiefs game in week 2 which was announced. LAC will probably have their home opener in week 1, and will go all white for that.

I agree. They’ve had more success against KC in the yellow pants than white pants. Something tells me they’re gonna open at home against Jacksonville or Miami.

I had a dream/vision that the Chargers wore the all navy color rush against the Dolphins, and the Dolphins were in all white. I think this is the game that will happen in 2022. If this comes true and anyone remembers this, give credit to God in heaven.

The Chargers had the Jaguars for the home opener in 2016 and 2010. I had a dream that the LA Lakers were in their white uniform and the Charlotte Hornets were there, in their teal uniform. I think the Lakers are symbolic for the Chargers and the Hornets are symbolic for the Jaguars.

Maybe these are weird, but I decided to share them. I've had many dreams telling me about things that were going to happen, or things that already happened. 

• Like 3

Apparently Kayvon Thibodeaux is wearing 5 with the Giants. When the number rules were changed it stated .

Defensive Linemen: No change. May wear numbers 50 to 79 and 90 to 99.

I suppose because he is an edge he will be listed as an outside linebacker then? Even though he plays pretty much a regular DE position.

41 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Apparently Kayvon Thibodeaux is wearing 5 with the Giants. When the number rules were changed it stated .

I suppose because he is an edge he will be listed as an outside linebacker then? Even though he plays pretty much a regular DE position.

I say we turn it all the way back a century and eliminate in/eligible numbers as well.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

As with most NFL rule changes, once they ease up on a policy, it’s a free for all. Just look at the socks with no visible white (was supposed to be only for Color Rush), or the new alternate helmet rule (only for existing alternates in the style guide, but the Commies got one with new uniforms). If the NFL relinquishes control of something, it means they no longer care enough to regulate it.

11 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

When it comes to numbers, other than having set numbers for O-Linemen for easy identification for illegal man downfield, I really do not care what number anybody wears. QB wants to wear 99? Sure, why not

Why bother? Pro football existed before numbering conventions I'm sure the refs can figure it out and players need freedom to express themselves on field.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

12 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Otto Graham Through the Years

And Otto Graham

For some context, gardner was allowed to do the homage to tom harman because 90's are eligible numbers in college, while atypical it's 100% compliant. Graham had to switch to an eligible number when the browns joined the shield.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:01 PM, simtek34 said:

Oh FormerLurker...

Just like the Jags are going to gold helmets with a teal "Jags" script like UCLA! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2