NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

28 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

It’s strange. Of the Cowboys fans that I know, which is quite a few, I’ve never seen any of them wearing a white jersey, shirt, or hat. It’s almost always navy or silver. If I didn’t loathe the Cowboys (Mandies fan here), I’d buy a navy jersey in a heartbeat. They make a killing off the navy merchandise, but refuse to acknowledge it on game day.

Its very clearly their best jersey, but I guess that’s an unpopular opinion of mine.

Their identity is based on wearing white at home. They've done it for so long that I don't think they should change now. And away that's based on what the home team wears. The one thing I think they need to change is the number fonts, and go back to Staubach from when they first entered the league. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Looking at this Bucs schedule, we can realistically expect a lot of red for once. The first two games are on the road against teams that will likely be in white at home. And then they play two home prime time games, a London game, and a Week 9 late afternoon kickoff all in the first half of the season!

I predict it will be

Red at Dallas

Pewter at New Orleans in Color Rush

white vs. GB and ATL

Red for hopefully the rest of the home games unless they randomly wear white here and there like last season. The difference though is that they lost in WAH in the playoffs this time around. We’ll see.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I hate the Cowboys, but I love this jersey...

spacer.png

I never need to see the navy blue again.

That’s it. If they aren’t going to wear it more than twice a season, why not make it  inverse of the white jersey? Fans wouldn’t notice; they don’t even know they use different blues.

(ironically, the first half of my question answers the second half, but the point still stands).

• Like 3

I’d swap the black trim for metallic blue. That goes for the white jersey too, but yeah, that’s should be the Cowboys’ blue jersey

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I’d swap the black trim for metallic blue. That goes for the white jersey too, but yeah, that’s should be the Cowboys’ blue jersey

I'd probably make that same change, too.  Although if they kept it, I wouldn't mind too much.  I'm a sucker for those quirky little touches that seem like mistakes, but somehow hang around for 50 years.  (Like me.)

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

That’s it. If they aren’t going to wear it more than twice a season, why not make it  inverse of the white jersey? Fans wouldn’t notice; they don’t even know they use different blues.

(ironically, the first half of my question answers the second half, but the point still stands).

I’d take it I’d suppose, much better than being so mismatched.

Which when you think of it is what the division does aside from the eagles for their home and away…kinda odd

Cowboys - Totally different Blues & silvers, as well as Style

Commanders - totally different style and color palette between the home and away

Giants - Red numbers and stripes compared to their all blue home jersey 

Philly would need to move their white/away look to being devoid of green like the Commanders and gold, or Giants and blue. Or do Kelly green instead of midnight like the cowboys do.

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

They should bring back that number font. Normal block is boring, that one has more personality.

• Like 8

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

2 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Bit by bit it's becoming clear that the best look for the Cowboys is the Indianapolis Colts.

We had it first. 

circa 1970s

spacer.png

circa 2018

spacer.png

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

We had it first. 

circa 1970s

spacer.png

circa 2018

spacer.png

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this…

spacer.png…is from 1959, a year before the Cowboys even began play. The Colts began using the seriffed block in the mid-to-late 1950s.

So, no. The Cowboys didn’t have it first.  

• Like 21

spacer.png

1 minute ago, mattb6 said:

spacer.png…is from 1959, a year before the Cowboys even began play. The Colts began using the seriffed block in the mid-to-late 1950s.

Yikes. 😐 The wonders of research.

(sidenote: are they playing the Giants in that photo?)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Yikes. 😐 The wonders of research.

(sidenote: are they playing the Giants in that photo?)

Yes, they are.  Green Bay also used that font at times in the 60s.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

That set of numbers is kind of like the "McAuliffe" numbers for football: A fair few teams used it, but because of its recent use, it's associated with one team.

The Titans/Jets also used a serif block font similar to that, correct?

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 10:09 AM, mattb6 said:

It was a common font for multiple football teams, but it was most recognizable as the font the Cowboys wore in the 70's because of how many times the Cowboys made the Super Bowl. Just like the Red Sox font was worn by multiple teams, including the Yankees.

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Unfortunately, I am not following the basketball news in detail right now. However, I had always loved this sport and played it when I was a child. That’s why I have always had an interest and followed all the leagues. I even collected stickers with MVP players. The longest player was Richard Sligh among them. I don’t have a specific favourite team. However, my favourite player is Lebron, and I watch him at the Laker. I even managed to fly and watch one match last season.

6 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The Cowboys have had diverging fonts, stripes, shades of silver, shades of blue, shades of metallic blue all built on top of each that its like a Medieval city.

Trying to impose uniformity would be like slapping the a bunch of neoclassical facades in Siena. Sure it'd be coherent but it would lose some of its soul.

Well Shang Tsung that joker then, because they need to do something...

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, Ovidiumark said:

Unfortunately, I am not following the basketball news in detail right now. However, I had always loved this sport and played it when I was a child. That’s why I have always had an interest and followed all the leagues. I even collected stickers with MVP players. The longest player was Richard Sligh among them. I don’t have a specific favourite team. However, my favourite player is Lebron, and I watch him at the Laker. I even managed to fly and watch one match last season.

What?

• LOL 5