NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

I hate to be the one to point this out, but if you take issue with someone posting information as a leak that you presume to be knowingly false, the only reason that person would do so is to attract attention. And in this case, the attention comes from all of the people who take the bait and point out all the reasons why the information is false, which likely provides even more fuel for this to keep happening again.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by "Self-Restraint," the only product known to cure the world from message board trolls. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 2

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The red jerseys will be worn.

Since these official jerseys are for sale, it appears they are in the style guide, which is why they'll be ready for 2022: 

https://proshop.patriots.com/mens-nike-mac-jones-red-new-england-patriots-alternate-game-jersey/p-15829421975327+z-9809-3419585854

The last time the Patriots wore white helmets (2010-11): NFL rule change finally clears the way for Patriots throwback jerseys -  Pats Pulpit

2012 actually

• Like 5

11 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

At this point I feel either this guy has to reveal his “sources” to the mod team or just be banned. He’s not adding anything but BS just to get a rise out of people. 

I’ll 2nd this. 

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The red jerseys will be worn.

Since these official jerseys are for sale, it appears they are in the style guide, which is why they'll be ready for 2022

Well… color me surprised!

Don't misunderstand me–they're beautiful, and the fans will eat it up. I just thought current ownership had washed its hands of the pre-Parcells/Redcoat era. 

18 hours ago, willforgetmylogin said:

The Rams will debut a black helmet with an all black set.

The Rams have announced they will not be debuting a new uniform this year.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/13/rams-uniform-release-2022-news-update/

"Rams COO Kevin Demoff said on the 11 Personnel podcast Monday that the team won’t be releasing a new uniform this year. Demoff cited supply chain issues, which have had a worldwide impact, as a major reason for the lack of a fourth jersey being released this offseason.

He also said that the league’s new helmet rule, which allows teams to wear a secondary helmet, was another reason the team wants to wait before releasing another jersey. He said the team is targeting 2023 for its next uniform release, but that could get pushed back to 2024.

“There’s no reason to introduce a new uniform just for the sake of introducing a new uniform,” Demoff said.

• Like 6

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, sitboaf said:

Well… color me surprised!

Don't misunderstand me–they're beautiful, and the fans will eat it up. I just thought current ownership had washed its hands of the pre-Parcells/Redcoat era. 

My assumption about Kraft is that he has a soft spot for the red unis and Pat because he was a season ticket holder for so long before he bought the team. 

I'm still holding out hope that they wear a 1993, 1994, or 1995-1999 throwback in the next 20 years. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Rams couldn't introduce a black set, right? Because they don't have black on any of their primary home/road uniforms. When the Comrades introduced their new set they said that the black on the white jersey is what allowed them to create the god-awful black set.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

28 minutes ago, CDCLT said:

The Rams couldn't introduce a black set, right? Because they don't have black on any of their primary home/road uniforms. When the Comrades introduced their new set they said that the black on the white jersey is what allowed them to create the god-awful black set.

If there's one thing I appreciated about Washington's new uniform reveal, it was their blunt honesty about why they made such a dumb decision.

• Like 13

spacer.png

4 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I hate to be the one to point this out, but if you take issue with someone posting information as a leak that you presume to be knowingly false, the only reason that person would do so is to attract attention. And in this case, the attention comes from all of the people who take the bait and point out all the reasons why the information is false, which likely provides even more fuel for this to keep happening again.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by "Self-Restraint," the only product known to cure the world from message board trolls. 

I think this needs to be repeated and/or pinned to the top of the boards or something, because this poster does this often, and as @gosioux76 pointed out, you guys always fall for it. If you know it’s fake, you don’t have to tell them that it’s fake, because that person likely already knows. If you’ve proven his information to be false before, just ignore him.

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I think this needs to be repeated and/or pinned to the top of the boards or something, because this poster does this often, and as @gosioux76 pointed out, you guys always fall for it. If you know it’s fake, you don’t have to tell them that it’s fake, because that person likely already knows. If you’ve proven his information to be false before, just ignore him.

spacer.png

• LOL 10

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The Rams have announced they will not be debuting a new uniform this year.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/13/rams-uniform-release-2022-news-update/

"Rams COO Kevin Demoff said on the 11 Personnel podcast Monday that the team won’t be releasing a new uniform this year. Demoff cited supply chain issues, which have had a worldwide impact, as a major reason for the lack of a fourth jersey being released this offseason.

He also said that the league’s new helmet rule, which allows teams to wear a secondary helmet, was another reason the team wants to wait before releasing another jersey. He said the team is targeting 2023 for its next uniform release, but that could get pushed back to 2024.

“There’s no reason to introduce a new uniform just for the sake of introducing a new uniform,” Demoff said.

Huh Id missed this. Following through on the announcement two years ago that you would be introducing a new uniform this year seems like good enough reason, but oh well. Sucks to have at least a B-tier CCSLC event yanked from the calendar.

11 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

This seems to confirm to me it'll be black.

fiowXOD.png

6 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

This seems to confirm to me it'll be black.

Nope.  Not by league rules.

9 hours ago, CDCLT said:

Plus they already blew it with the Super Bowl fashion jerseys on Fanatics.

ff_4706791-501023224f23d6503bd7_full.jpg

• Hurl 1

VmWIn6B.png

19 hours ago, CDCLT said:

I thought the black on the away jersey had to do more with the helmet? Could have sworn they wanted to wear the black helmet with the white uniforms at some point, which made the black a requirement. I'm assuming the NFL is just preventing a team that has no black in their uniforms from randomly adding a black helmet. Whereas the 49ers had all black alternates and have no black anywhere else on their main home/away, so they were okay. 

21 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I thought the black on the away jersey had to do more with the helmet? Could have sworn they wanted to wear the black helmet with the white uniforms at some point, which made the black a requirement. I'm assuming the NFL is just preventing a team that has no black in their uniforms from randomly adding a black helmet. Whereas the 49ers had all black alternates and have no black anywhere else on their main home/away, so they were okay. 

As fair as I'm aware, the NFL has a rule that states the team's alternate (unless it's a throwback and designated as such) can only be a color that's found on the home or road jersey. It's the same reason the Jets have the stupid black stroke on the numbers - it allows them to make the black alt. The Niners' black one is also different because it was a Color Rush jersey - I believe those were allowed to bend the rules.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt