NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

22 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

The term “Create-A-Team Generic” gets thrown around a lot more than it should, but I can’t think of a sports uniform that fits the description more than the Jags’ aways. 

It’s a create a team default that the user makes no changes to and hits save team and exit. 

11 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Until the Jaguars change their set, they will always seem like what would happen if a video game didn’t have a single ounce of naming rights and just decided to merge the Raiders with Jacksonville 

They remind me when you used to play against "Division 1-AA West" in dynasty mode in the old NCAA games.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, the admiral said:

Didn't the shampoo Padres use the same numbers as the Jaguars, or something very close?

Something somewhat close.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1 hour ago, YelichGraphics said:

I'll say it, even though I know its an unpopular opinion.

kpEzuXm.jpg

This is not a bad uniform. 

Honestly other than the half gold half matte black helmet, and just the helmet, I've liked every single one of the Jaguars uniforms.

That might be the worst looking 5 I've ever seen.

• Like 10

There’s a good idea in there somewhere, it’s just that they tried to do too much and it ended up looking terrible.

-First of it’s kind teal flake helmet

-Weird, toothpaste-like piping in an odd spot on the Jersey that got mangled by Reebok templates

-Wonky number font, with a few notches too many

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Indigo said:

There’s a good idea in there somewhere, it’s just that they tried to do too much and it ended up looking terrible.

-First of it’s kind teal flake helmet

-Weird, toothpaste-like piping in an odd spot on the Jersey that got mangled by Reebok templates

-Wonky number font, with a few notches too many

spacer.pngspacer.png

Seriously how did this get green-lit? It looks SO bad. 

• Like 2

I maintain that the teal-flake helmet was brilliant. The problem was that it was a natural complement to the metallic gold that accented their jerseys. What did they do at the same time? Remove all the metallic gold from their jerseys. The rest of that uniform was terrible enough to make a good idea a bad one.

• Like 25
  • Applause 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

I maintain that the teal-flake helmet was brilliant. The problem was that it was a natural complement to the metallic gold that accented their jerseys. What did they do at the same time? Remove all the metallic gold from their jerseys. The rest of that uniform was terrible enough to make a good idea a bad one.

But the teal flake helmet clashed with both the actual teal and the black.  At least in photos, it's too un-subtle (to make up a word) and becomes basically a new color.  Maybe in actual game action it was more black - I don't remember.  But the flake should be brilliant, if it was something that only showed up when the light hits it juuuuuuuuuuust right.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Y'all know I stay forgetting that particular Jaguars uniform existed, right?? And I usually do a great job of it until someone brings it up in here 🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

48 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Jags original jerseys were the best and the current ones are trash.

The Gerrard hail mary jerseys were mid

That's a new one. I've always just dismissed them as the "toothpaste kits"...

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Depending on the day, the 1998 Jaguars uniforms might be my all-time favorite football uniform ever. I'd gladly welcome a return of them with nary a change, which includes going back to the superior original logo. Whenever people make suggestions on how to improve the Jaguars current uniforms they end up accidentally describing the 1998 uniforms. Just wear the 1998 uniforms. They were perfect. 

The 2018 redesign was a welcome change because anything would've been a welcome change over what was, depending on the day, maybe my least favorite football uniform ever. Now though, I see it on its own merits - It was an over-correction. It's the 1995 uniforms without any of the parts that made it good. Something intentionally spartan does nothing for me when we already have the example for how to perfectly execute those colors. The Minimalism trend is dead, maximalism looked stupid as hell, and the answer is sitting right there. Stop being afraid to be who you are, Jaguars. Wear it forever, never change again. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

PvO6ZWJ.png