2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

As noted, the Flames broke out the Blasty thirds last night against Florida. Also worth noting that they have black pants shells with striping that matches the pedestal Reverse Retros. Smart move to have one shell that works with both alternates.

FiyIAIBaMAAlW9-?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 3

18 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

I have absolutely no idea why, but watching that Avalanche game with the reverse retros the other night gave a Thrashers feel to it. Maybe it was because of seeing blue/red/yellow together combined with the Avs number font sort of looking like the Thrashers' number font

That actually makes a lot of sense, and I can totally see it now that you mention it. There’s differences of course, but the vibe is very much the same. I agree that it must be the way the color scheme is distributed, and the “pointy” number fonts.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, officeglenn said:

As noted, the Flames broke out the Blasty thirds last night against Florida. Also worth noting that they have black pants shells with striping that matches the pedestal Reverse Retros. Smart move to have one shell that works with both alternates.

FiyIAIBaMAAlW9-?format=jpg&name=4096x409

They wore that pant with RR1 since that's the pant when Blasty debuted in 1998

I don't know if this is the first time Ottawa's wearing their RR's, but I'm deeply unimpressed. I just thought my eyes were playing tricks on me with thinking these were their current black sweaters but, like, maybe they got tweaked over the offseason and I just missed an announcement. Apparently they're a "stealth" version of these?

spacer.png

They could've done much better than just replacing the white areas with red and leaving the black stripe completely untouched (not to mention leaving the 2D logo instead of the 3D). Instead, it looks like a Walmart knockoff of their main set.

spacer.png

calgary_flames_logo_jersey_2023_sportslo

This logo, man. I can't believe the Flames didn't put red in the middle of yellow and white. It would have looked nice if the numbers have the same outline pattern. But it doesn't.

Can't believe my favourite team capitalized on a manufacturing booboo LOL. And they kept the logos like that until the black pants became history in 2020. Of course, they're using that again on the new Pedestal pants to complement the jersey.

13 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I don't know if this is the first time Ottawa's wearing their RR's, but I'm deeply unimpressed. I just thought my eyes were playing tricks on me with thinking these were their current black sweaters but, like, maybe they got tweaked over the offseason and I just missed an announcement. Apparently they're a "stealth" version of these?

spacer.png

They could've done much better than just replacing the white areas with red and leaving the black stripe completely untouched (not to mention leaving the 2D logo instead of the 3D). Instead, it looks like a Walmart knockoff of their main set.

They aren't the worst jerseys the team has worn, but are definitely too similar to the primary home uniforms. All they really had to do was swap the red & black on ^ those jerseys. It feels like they were afraid to put the 'Senagoth' logo on the chest, so they went with a half-measure by putting it on the shoulders.

13 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Also, I miss the updated 3D Centurion. A missed oppurtunity to bring it back.

I'm sorry, but I don't know anyone who misses that logo. I'm fine with seeing the original 3D logo back for the purposes of the Reverse Retro, but it really doesn't bring much to the table besides nostalgia. The updated 3D was also only abandoned 2 years ago, so not exactly retro.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

They aren't the worst jerseys the team has worn, but are definitely too similar to the primary home uniforms. All they really had to do was swap the red & black on ^ those jerseys. It feels like they were afraid to put the 'Senagoth' logo on the chest, so they went with a half-measure by putting it on the shoulders.

I think may have been a late change...there's a seller on eBay selling 22-23 RR InGlasco pucks, which feature the front crest/jersey design for the other 31 teams, but for the Sens the Senagoth logo is on the puck with the red swoops. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I think may have been a late change...there's a seller on eBay selling 22-23 RR InGlasco pucks, which feature the front crest/jersey design for the other 31 teams, but for the Sens the Senagoth logo is on the puck with the red swoops. 

Hmm, interesting. If that's the case it's funny that Ottawa is 2 for 2 on making last minute changes to their RRs after merchandise has already been released. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

The Sens' RR looks deeply unimpressive; it's the kind of tat you'd see people wearing in Chel because they think it makes them look cool.

I still maintain they should've gone with either a red or white version of this if they wanted to homage the 2000's;

spacer.png

This might belong in the unpopular opinion thread, but these jerseys should be the basis for the Sens' identity. (Albeit with the 2d Centurion logo)

• Like 6

4 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

This might belong in the unpopular opinion thread, but these jerseys should be the basis for the Sens' identity. (Albeit with the 2d Centurion logo)

Use the updated 2D centurion from the previous logo package, add the laurel pattern to the socks, and replace the hideous number font and that's the perfect Sens set.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt