2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

My guess is, as far as the four division issue is concerned, they have white and black ones for each conference, and will switch out when necessary? Either that, or there are teal and pink ones too that we are not seeing.

If they use the reverse retro logos and we see end up seeing one with the robo on the shoulder then it looks like my wallet is about to be $230 lighter because damn.

oBIgzrL.png

22 minutes ago, maz said:

My guess is, as far as the four division issue is concerned, they have white and black ones for each conference, and will switch out when necessary? Either that, or there are teal and pink ones too that we are not seeing.

This is my guess as well, especially since the secondary color for each jersey kinda becomes the primary color on the back of the jersey. Though I'm hoping for the teal and pink versions, too.

In general I suspect it's a tough thing to design a set of four jerseys for this ASG format where there are no possible clashes, though also it's kind of a fun challenge.

Just now, Digby said:

This is my guess as well, especially since the secondary color for each jersey kinda becomes the primary color on the back of the jersey. Though I'm hoping for the teal and pink versions, too.

In general I suspect it's a tough thing to design a set of four jerseys for this ASG format where there are no possible clashes, though also it's kind of a fun challenge.

Black, White, Pink and Teal would be plenty enough contrast for any possible matchup

52 minutes ago, maz said:

My guess is, as far as the four division issue is concerned, they have white and black ones for each conference, and will switch out when necessary?

That's what they've done for every four-division ASG with only two jerseys. That's actually happened more than the one jersey per division format, which they've only done twice.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Honestly, if the Canucks wanted to do a different take on the black Skate for their third...they already had a different take to use:

spacer.png

The more orangey-red, the shoulder yoke and the altered striping would be more than enough to get Canucks fans to double dip on a black Skate.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Honestly, if the Canucks wanted to do a different take on the Skate for their third...they already had a different take to use:

spacer.png

I always preferred those, especially the yellow jersey, over what they wore in the 90's. The black, gold and orange color combo and lack of white worked better to distance themselves from Calgary. Plus I love triangular yokes.  black, gold and orange

On 1/18/2023 at 1:57 PM, DTConcepts said:

L6BYf2M.png

Was at the game last night. At first, I didn't like the removal of one of the lines but it actually works with the alternating red & yellow lines..cleaner and has continuity with the Skate boot. The recoloured '70-'72 stripes look awesome.

The cheap and weak Agency font must go, just like the corporate Orca. Bring back the classic and nicer-looking Athletic block font. Black V's on those '70-'72 sleeve stripes instead of engraved V lines would look so much better...just like the white sleeve V's on the original Stick in Rink jerseys.  Colour on the collar plus pants stripes would look amazing And for the cherry on top of the sundae, a recoloured Johnny Canuck on the shoulders.

Overall, great work.🖤❤️💛👍

3 hours ago, Digby said:

For this year, easily could have had an aqua version and the fourth could be either red or blue.  It's probably just not worth it to make 4 versions.