2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

With the Bears and Bruins both screwing something up badly today, I'm halfway hoping somebody on the Grizzlies put his jersey on backwards or something to complete the bear team failure trifecta...

• LOL 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

6 hours ago, tomh22 said:

The Kings looked beautiful last night. Shouldn’t matter what Gretzky wore, Luc is wrong. Their best look ever.

Ranks in top 3 all time

Penguins powder blues

Hawks whites

Kings current white reverse retro

Blackhawks whites aren’t even their best jerseys… 

• Like 2

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I must admit I was wrong. The Kraken RRs look good in person… like really good. The big fat block numbers balance out the stripe and while it should still be the anchor on the front I can live with the S. (Wondering if supply chain issues messed up any chance of getting a detailed anchor?) 

Unfortunately Carson Soucy decided to ruin the night for everyone so that may be another L in the column for “look good, play good”. 

• Like 5

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

The S makes more sense with what the jersey is referencing.

I like that they paid homage to a relatively obscure team instead of doing the obvious Metropolitans throwback (and I'm sure they'll do one like that at some point). Ice blue looks good, but watching the highlights it feels too bright for a dark jersey base. Or maybe another navy team like the Jets aren't a good matchup for it.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

On 11/10/2022 at 3:28 PM, spartacat_12 said:

That would be kind of tricky since their current home & aways are pretty much the same as their inaugural uniforms, and they already did a red version for the last RR. 

True, which is kind of why I was hoping Ottawa's Reverse Retro would bring the pre-launch Peace Tower jersey back with some modern touches. It would have made for a way better RR than the one they actually went with, and would double as a cool nod to the team's roots in its 30th anniversary.

Side note, I still can't get over how bad the Sens' RR is.  It's mind boggling to me that they looked at that design and thought that it was cool or different enough in any way that fans would shell out close to $300 for one. The worst part is how close it is to being something really cool... I've seen fan mockups with some white added to it (y'know, one of their other official team colours that they keep forgetting they have), and it makes all the difference in the world and magically becomes one of their nicest jerseys ever. But as it stands now, it's a bland, uninspired failure that looks like it was generated by an AI.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 8:26 PM, Ridleylash said:

:censored:, these jerseys are beautiful. LA really, really needs to own these colors full-time again, especially since the synergy with the Raiders is practically ancient history and their current look has worn out it's welcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Kings' Reverse Retro 2.0 is what they should have gone with back in '88.  Gretzky would've rocked the purple/Forum blue and yellow-gold with the classic crown. The only change I would make is use the same jersey template as the Reverse Retro 1.0 but the 80's shoulder to arm trim looks really sharp on white. This would also make beautiful uniform matchups with the Sharks and their gorgeous new teal look. 

• Like 1

The Reverse Retros are now live on the NHL shop but apparently all they have are the Fanatics versions 😐

The one Fanatics jersey I own is the previous Ducks RR and I don't mind it in itself, but I only got that instead of the Adidas version since there was no actual crest on it. Have they gotten any better?

EDIT: Adidas versions now up!

Edited by wildwing64

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

393983.jpeg

Sorry, boys, but I will always love this uniform with the shield logo and purple socks. One of my true guilty pleasures. I saw these up close when they came through Columbus early in the Blue Jackets inaugural season and the colors looked so cool in person. 13 year old me was mesmerized. Also they pantsed us 7-1 so I really only had the uniforms to keep me engaged. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Dislike 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Sport said:

393983.jpeg

Sorry, boys, but I will always love this uniform with the shield logo and purple socks. One of my true guilty pleasures. I saw these up close when they came through Columbus early in the Blue Jackets inaugural season and the colors looked so cool in person. 13 year old me was mesmerized. Also they pantsed us 7-1 so I really only had the uniforms to keep me engaged. 

Those are great other than the stupid crotch wordmark. 

• Like 6

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

5 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

The Reverse Retros are now live on the NHL shop but apparently all they have are the Fanatics versions 😐

The one Fanatics jersey I own is the previous Ducks RR and I don't mind it in itself, but I only got that instead of the Adidas version since there was no actual crest on it. Have they gotten any better?

EDIT: Adidas versions now up!

Got my Caps one this morning.  They were all sold in under a half an hour
spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Those are great other than the stupid crotch wordmark. 

Yeah that part was pretty dumb. Especially because they put it right where hockey players often hold their hands and stick so it was always a covered mess.

6a2d4707d98ca7be08a9362b302e4747.jpg

wayne-simmonds-of-the-los-angeles-kings-

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

14 hours ago, Sport said:

393983.jpeg

I always loved that set, too. They could have done without the hem scripts, but that was a solid set that actually had unique, tangible character. 

9 hours ago, Bill0813 said:

Got my Caps one this morning.  They were all sold in under a half an hour
spacer.png

Well there went my shot at nabbing one, then...

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 hours ago, MGoBlue98 said:

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this post, but does anyone happen to know if the Fanatics (non-Adidas) Golden Knights RR apparel also feature the reflective elements? Trying to save some money and not spend $200+ for the Adidas one. Thanks in advance! 

I think there was an article from right after the RR jerseys were unveiled about how only the authentic Adidas option has the glow in the dark reflective elements.

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

I always loved that set, too. They could have done without they hem scripts, but that was a solid set that actually had unique, tangible character. 

Well there went my shot at nabbing one, then...

Fanatics blank jerseys still available https://shop.nhl.com/washington-capitals/mens-washington-capitals-fanatics-branded-black-special-edition-20-breakaway-blank-jersey/t-14820875+p-8228255659937+z-9-3903106533?_ref=p-CLP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0

6 hours ago, Sport said:

Yeah that part was pretty dumb. Especially because they put it right where hockey players often hold their hands and stick so it was always a covered mess.

6a2d4707d98ca7be08a9362b302e4747.jpg

wayne-simmonds-of-the-los-angeles-kings-

On 11/12/2022 at 11:26 PM, Ridleylash said:

:censored:, these jerseys are beautiful. LA really, really needs to own these colors full-time again, especially since the synergy with the Raiders is practically ancient history and their current look has worn out it's welcome.

spacer.png

Take the last RR as the base for both, put the modernized crown on the front and you're set for life as far as the Kings' brand goes, in my opinion.

spacer.png

There is no way that the purple is the same for all these jerseys.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17