Prettiest Super Bowl

Cujo

On 1/20/2022 at 10:47 PM, -Akronite- said:

A few years early but the 1965 NFL Championship was a perfect looking football game. Biased but come on.

f3e1896639e08b7f4a2ddaa16e4d1707.jpg&f=1   football-nfl-championship-cleveland-brow   football-nfl-championship-cleveland-brow

The pre-Super Bowl NFL and AFL championships are the equivalent of conference championships.  So, I will continue to devalue this thread by offering what is not only the prettiest conference championship, but also a solid contender for the most beautiful uniform matchup in any football game ever: the 1979 NFC Championship Game.

576821930.jpg.0.jpg

77c9e2e9059aeedd5bf83b236dcb78dc.jpg

I take absolutely nothing away from a classic mud-covered Packers-Browns matchup. Still, the colours and designs on display in this Rams-Bucs game are just so powerfully gorgeous.  Each of those uniforms is a gem on its own; putting the two of them together only magnifies each one's splendour.

• Like 7
  • Hurl 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The pre-Super Bowl NFL and AFL championships are the equivalent of conference championships.  So, I will continue to devalue this thread by offering what is not only the prettiest conference championship, but also a solid contender for the most beautiful uniform matchup in any football game ever: the 1979 NFC Championship Game.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-23-at-9.14.09-PM.png

77c9e2e9059aeedd5bf83b236dcb78dc.jpg

I take absolutely nothing away from a classic mud-covered Packers-Browns matchup. Still, the colours and designs on display in this Rams-Bucs game are just so powerfully gorgeous.  Each of those uniforms is a gem on its own; putting the two of them together only magnifies each one's splendour.

Ugg no, those yucks uniforms are bad, and the creamsicle clashes horribly with the rams gold.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

spacer.png

In recent years, SBXLIII always stood out as a pretty game. Not that I like the Cardinals uniforms, but I think the shade of red blended beautifully with the Steelers gold. Raymond James Stadium had great lighting, also the field paint, the logo’s use of green was unique and extended to the walls surrounding the field. Couple that with NBC’s broadcast aesthetics and you had a great looking Super Bowl in my opinion.

Not to mention, fantastic game and John Madden’s final call give this one bonus points

Edited by GrandpaJoe

This game should be good looking, but it looks so washed out in the lighting:

sb26c_1_orig.jpg

That's what the NFL gets for putting a Super Bowl in the Metrodome of all places.

The Metrodome might have been the ugliest of all multi-purpose domes, right?

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

sb26c_1_orig.jpg

That's what the NFL gets for putting a Super Bowl in the Metrodome of all places.

Isn’t it the only true “multi-purpose” dome. Other than the sky-dome is there another domed stadium that was dedicated to 2 sports. The trop had baseball and hockey for a short period until the lightning got their arena, but there hasn’t been another situation like that. Only special events that I don’t believe makes any stadium “multi-purpose” otherwise Fenway can be considered a multi-purpose stadium and everyone knows that’s far from the truth.

• Yawn 1

19 minutes ago, dont care said:

Isn’t it the only true “multi-purpose” dome. Other than the sky-dome is there another domed stadium that was dedicated to 2 sports. The trop had baseball and hockey for a short period until the lightning got their arena, but there hasn’t been another situation like that. Only special events that I don’t believe makes any stadium “multi-purpose” otherwise Fenway can be considered a multi-purpose stadium and everyone knows that’s far from the truth.

There was also the Kingdome! It hosted the Mariners and Seahawks, while also coming apart at the seams and prompting several relocation threats!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

There was also the Kingdome! It hosted the Mariners and Seahawks, while also coming apart at the seams and prompting several relocation threats!

How could I forget, I’d say that is the worst considering you had to watch for falling ceiling tiles during the game.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dont care said:

Good points. I said "dome," but I meant "field." Silverdome, Three Rivers, Riverfront, Busch, even Olympic Stadium -- they all had some kind of charm. The Metrodome always looked so grim on TV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

57 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The perfect example of outdoor brilliance vs. indoor gloom:

Same teams. Same uniforms. One season apart.

XXVII

41417509afb7feb0e2a1c7ce16b83923.jpg

The stripe inconsistency on #67 is interesting. This was 1992/93, right? I thought they would be on top of things like this, given that this was more common in the 60s.

PS. I like #67’s striping (what the Bills currently wear) compared to the red-helmet days. The red pops when outlined in blue, while the blue looks dull outlined in red.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The stripe inconsistency on #67 is interesting. This was 1992/93, right? I thought they would be on top of things like this, given that this was more common in the 60s.

PS. I like #67’s striping (what the Bills currently wear) compared to the red-helmet days. The red pops when outlined in blue, while the blue looks dull outlined in red.

Good catch!

Going thru ealy-90s Bills pics, it's as if there was no set striping. Like they just grabbed pants off the rack and said "good enough"

Some blue/red/blue, others red/blue/red. Sometimes thin stripes, other stripes were thicker. 🥴

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

On 1/22/2022 at 5:15 PM, dont care said:

The very first domed stadium was dedicated to two sports.  

945e178c54540c0b6ba6b358ca90afc9.jpg

It's kind of weird that they had Super Bowls in domes in Pontiac, Michigan and Minneapolis, Minnesota, but never in the Astrodome. When they did hold a Super Bowl in Houston it was in Rice's football stadium. 

spacer.png

• Like 5

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 1/22/2022 at 2:09 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

sb26c_1_orig.jpg

The Metrodome and the Silverdome are tied for the worst lighting of any stadium or arena ever. It always felt like they were playing in the dark. 

1991worldseriestwins-ftr-getty-102621jpg

Barry-Sanders-Lions.jpg

Like why? Maybe they couldn't get any lights because the Colts were hoarding them.

rcadome16_top.jpg

• Like 12

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 1/22/2022 at 11:09 AM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Any air supported dome is horrible. The Metrodome, the RCA Dome, Silverdome, BC Place, Tokyo Dome, etc. They look neat from the outside, but the interior always looks horrible, and the lighting is always washed out, drab and depressing.  They're the the Tropicana Fields of football stadiums.

On 1/22/2022 at 4:54 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Good points. I said "dome," but I meant "field." Silverdome, Three Rivers, Riverfront, Busch, even Olympic Stadium -- they all had some kind of charm. The Metrodome always looked so grim on TV.

You should have seen it in person… 

• Like 2

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE