Prettiest Super Bowl

Cujo

Anything played on grass will feel much better than anything on turf. Which rules out many of the recent games. I can only speak for the games I've seen in my lifetime (I've at least rewatched all SBs back to the 2001 Rams-Titans (Which I think has a very underrated balanced uniform matchup).

Some highlights though, we're 6 years into a tradition of the field design. NFL shield / main logo for the season at midfield (Gold for SB50, 100 logo for NFL100), with the 25 yardline having the SB logo (although they have unfortunately been pretty template-y), the endzones each being the team's logo on the left, and nickname-only wordmark to the right, with a primary team color background.

All of that considered, the 2 recent ones (KC-TB and KC-SF) have been beautiful, IND-NO was a great one, and I'm a sucker for SF-BAL personally. 

SoFi's turf looks very nice, and there should still be some sun (although on it's way down) for the SB kickoff this season. Really just the Titans, Rams, (and Bengals to a degree) are the ones to avoid in getting a crappy uniform matchup (although they could be muuuuch worse unless the Rams wear anything with Bone). Packers/49ers/Bucs and Bills/Chiefs are all some of the best dressed in the league. Throw in some personality in this year's logo? We're in good shape...

This Page (GUD) has all the uniforms and field designs for all the Super Bowls

• Like 2

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Washington's first three appearances are all great matchups

VII - The only time in their five appearances that they wore red, my favorite uniform Washington has ever worn

sb7_orig.jpg

XVII - The opposite of their previous matchup with Miami. When I was a kid I had in my mind that the 80s were defined by the Phins and the Skins. I don't know why, but I did

DUzTFQ7XUAEluN-.jpg

XVIII - The very next year gives us their best looking matchup. Speaks for itself

Super-Bowl-XVIII-1983-Los-Angeles-Raider

• Like 9

I submit to you my answers

I-X

1SB7.jpg

XI-XX

20160130_012437_SB_XIX_32.jpg?w=620

XXI-XXX

timmy-smith.jpg?w=1261

XXXI-XL

USATSI_4273223.jpg?resize=2048,1370

XLI-50

lat-super-bowl-wre0014686101-20140202

LI-Pres.

foles_TDUSATSI_10588113-1024x576.jpg

The Skins always had great matchups. I nearly chose their second Dolphins super bowl also.

Also, I am not a fan of either the Seahawks or especially Pats' old unis, but I thought these combos worked well.

• Like 4

fiowXOD.png

As alluded to earlier, teams are pretty much disqualified from making the list if the game was playing inside a dome.

Super Bowls that would've looked brilliant had they been played outdoors:

XV

image_2394.jpg

XX

X056_30AB_9.0.jpg

XXIV

img24426587.jpg

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

On 1/19/2022 at 10:17 AM, flyersfan said:

Anything played on grass will feel much better than anything on turf.

This Page (GUD) has all the uniforms and field designs for all the Super Bowls

Agreed. Grass, outside, can make up for an ok uni matchup. I wish every SB was played outside on grass in CA, FL, etc...

Awesome website there! I wonder what went into the decision/thinking for SB's XL & XLI, where the Conference Logos were highlighted in the end zones.....did it twice then never went back to it.

The gold end zone for the Saints in XLIV -- I loved that.  I thought for sure it would be black, so that was a nice surprise.

Dolphins have great end zones.

6 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

At this point, are there any Super Bowls that haven't been included in this thread? 

II

V

IV

VIII

IX

X

XI

XIII

XXI

XXVI

XXVIII

XXIX