College Football 2022

Kevin W.

Minor detail to watch out for on Georgia’s new uniforms.

When they revealed the updated set with block numbers, it used the modern Nike NOB font that has been used by the team since 2013.

Replica jerseys are on the way and they are using the standard block NOB.

Some teams like Alabama use the regular block.

spacer.png

Others, such as Clemson, use block numbers but the modern Nike NOB, as seen in Georgia’s reveal earlier this spring.

spacer.png

I will be curious which route they go. I remember when they revealed the jerseys, they said they didn’t have a full set for the roster, so perhaps they tweaked existing jerseys for the announcement? Or they were sample pieces? In the past, Georgia has had replicas for former players and those used the modern Nike NOB, so I feel like they will likely be updated.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pokecat12 said:

This has been out for a few days. UofL is unveiling new unis. Probably more of the Power Wings Shoulder Asymmetrical Gelato Rice stuff.

I did try to lighten it up and it just said "Unveiling 8:11:22" lol. I did see a gray possible version in a couple local stores here in town. Not looking good imo.

They haven't had a good looking uniform since the Bridewater era: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 13
  • Applause 2

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, nuordr said:

I only liked the throwback uniform...the rest were trash for me. 

As long as robo-bird never appears on another uniform again, there will never be a worse uniform for the Cardinals than those Lamar Jackson era uniforms. 

25 Ugliest College Football Alternate Uniforms of All-Time - Page 12

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/9/2022 at 6:48 AM, WSU151 said:

All of these are just awful except for the Sparky helmet. It's like they used a dartboard to pair the helmets and the jerseys/pants. By far the worst unis in the Pac12 (especially all the pitchfork helmets) 

Even the mannequin jerseys are completely overstretched. Look at the dark gray one in particular. I know form follows function, but Adidas should at least pretend like they care about looks. 

Someone should crunch the numbers on whether these Adidas leotards actually reduce holding on the uniform. Because if they don’t, they ara a complete waste.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

10 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

As for these, I like the “The Ville” on the front but otherwise these do nothing for me and go in the GFGS trash pile. 

This uniform fits in perfectly with the rest of their dumpster fire set. 

spacer.png

Louisville has had complete garbage uniforms for so long I can't even remember the last time they wore something even semi-respectable. Probably that Bridgewater uniform, but even that needed some serious editing.

They're just one of those stuck in the second tier schools that tries so hard to get noticed, they fall for every gimmicky okey-doke that come down the pike. Embarrassing.  There's a lot of schools like this, that looked at what Oregon was doing, didn't actually understand what it was that was working for the Ducks, and took all the wrong lessons from it.

Simplify.

Please.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Louisville has had complete garbage uniforms for so long I can't even remember the last time they wore something even semi-respectable. Probably that Bridgewater uniform, but even that needed some serious editing.

They're just one of those stuck in the second tier schools that tries so hard to get noticed, they fall for every gimmicky okey-doke that come down the pike. Embarrassing.  There's a lot of schools like this, that looked at what Oregon was doing, didn't actually understand what it was that was working for the Ducks, and took all the wrong lessons from it.

Simplify.

Please.

Totally agreed. They've always just looked so cheap and unattractive.