2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

This has to be the case of an owner demanding two colors and then nixing any good design ideas until Nike just said screw it and made practice jerseys 

• LOL 5

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

8 hours ago, kimball said:

I’m fine with the color scheme (I mean look at my profile avatar), but I think things would have been better with fans if the jerseys highlighted the J-note more or full Jazz logo on it. I would buy a J-Note jersey in highlighter yellow and black.

I don’t know how much the addition of the purple jerseys were because of the demand for them, or just we screwed up with the design? 

I don't even like the new, chunkier/thicker note logo so I don't know that emphasis of that would make a difference or not

On 6/19/2022 at 1:13 AM, colinturner95 said:

YuQhpct.png

obviously a shameless plug here... 

But would this have been so difficult? A modern take on the 90's uniforms? Hell it even looks decent in black and yellow (it's not highlighter but the point still gets made). 

The home OH I'M SORRY, ASSOCIATION home should be white-on-white. I hate that Wizards thing where you're not quite sure what color the uniform is supposed to be.

One thing that softens the blow for me in Jazz' case is that the identity they used to have starting from the logo and ending with the color palette was one of, if not the most boring, uninteresting and uninspired in the league. Only the Thunder have another clear case here. So, not that I will miss any of that. Not a fan of the Mardi Gras-like NOLA colorway in any form.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, plobrien said:

The Jazz should of just changed their name too if they wanted to make this drastic of a change. Buy the Salt Lake City Bee's nickname off the Triple-A team. 

There’s already a bee team in the NBA.

13 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Whats the big deal with 'PuRpLe iS bAcK', when it's just an afterthought here. Also, didnt they rock the mountain jerseys as part-time unis over the past few years? 

They're using the purple throwback to try and deflect from the :censored:ty primary set because they know they absolutely screwed the pooch with this entire thing.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, plobrien said:

The Jazz should of just changed their name too if they wanted to make this drastic of a change. Buy the Salt Lake City Bee's nickname off the Triple-A team. 

Ryan Smith does own the team (or maybe just half of it with LHM?), but honestly as a Jazz fan I don't know how against I am of a name change anymore?  There are plenty of local names and ideas you could draw from (without proposing the stupid Grizzlies/Pelicans/Jazz name swap trade).

• Bees
  • Saints
  • Stars
  • Pioneers
  • Gulls
  • Golden Eagles
  • Wildcats
  • Sting/Stingers

It's just the Jazz have always been the Jazz, they have a deep history in this state. But, Utah Jazz history is full of eras -- AD/Griffith, Stockton/Malone, D-Will/Boozer, Mitchell/Gobert, etc. Would a new era with a new name be a BAD thing?

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

55 minutes ago, plobrien said:

So? There's five bird teams in the NFL. 

But there’s been 5 bird teams on the NFL for at least 45 years. There’s only been one bee team in the same amount of time. It would be encroaching on Charlotte’s territory.

1 hour ago, plobrien said:

How about the Utah Buzz?  Although, Charlotte did just have those Buzz City jerseys...

1 hour ago, kimball said:

Would a new era with a new name be a BAD thing?

Yes. Continuity is important to pro sports. That's why it's so maddening that the NBA, admittedly the weakest of the big four when it comes to time-honored branding, is further diluting that with gimmick uniforms, recolored logos, bad rebrandings, and all the other hijinks they're constantly getting up to in the name of fire emoji. "Utah Jazz," idiosyncratic as it may be, is still enough to pass for a "heritage" brand in this league. Changing the name of the team now, after all these years? That's closing the barn door after the horse has run the Kentucky Derby.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, synged said:

How about the Utah Buzz?  Although, Charlotte did just have those Buzz City jerseys...

Georgia Tech owns the trademark on Buzz. Something us Utahns learned back in the '90s when GT sued the MiLB Salt Lake Buzz which eventually led to the return of the Bees nickname by way of the Stingers.

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

with the jazz pretty much having no choice but to accept their purple alternate jerseys as part of their main brand, this is gonna be their color palette for the next three seasons. 

4-E53-BB6-E-75-AD-4-E7-B-A5-B8-86-B5-DBE

TV's broken.

• LOL 14

3 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

with the jazz pretty much having no choice but to accept their purple alternate jerseys as part of their main brand, this is gonna be their color palette for the next three seasons. 

4-E53-BB6-E-75-AD-4-E7-B-A5-B8-86-B5-DBE

I'd like to see this graphic sorted into fewer columns combining yellow/gold/copper and blue/aqua/green like the purple gradient - to see if a cohesive palette could be found

• Like 1

O'Grady dropping some hints?  The Sixers pres who hated the black jerseys (and was reluctant to even do the ugly-ass city ones from two seasons ago) is gone, so they'd seemingly be open to bringing these back as an alt (if allowed.)

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2022/06/door-is-open-for-sixers-to-bring-back-the-2001-jerseys.html

• Like 3
  • Love 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."