2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

6 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

The previous leak clearly includes a "THE" above LAND and what appears to be a snowflake? No way they just say Land... for the love of God I hope at least.

Cavs new set looks good IMO. I think if they added a couple gold stripes to the trim they'd be getting a much better reaction, but overall it's an upgraded look with streamlined colors and logos.

I really don't see how anybody can give the Cavs any credit for the uniforms.   There is not a single identifiable uniform element in their set.  They just have colors that work well together which is not the same as having even decent uniforms.  

• Like 12

Shouldn't be too long before lockervision adds all the uniforms to the schedule on their site.

Missing City sets:

Sacramento

Indiana

Detroit

Charlotte

Orlando (leaked, appears to black/dark Navy honoring Disney again)

Minnesota (leaked, will be White honoring Bob Dylan)

Utah (pulling a 2019-20 Memphis and using Classic edition as the City)

Houston retaining the 75th Anniversary from last season.

8 minutes ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Shouldn't be too long before lockervision adds all the uniforms to the schedule on their site.

Missing City sets:

Sacramento

Indiana

Detroit

Charlotte

so the only ones we're really missing is Sacramento, Indy, Detroit and Charlotte 

1 hour ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Missing City sets:

Sacramento

Indiana

Detroit

Charlotte

Are we certain Utah is giving their throwback the City designation or is that a rumor still?

Based on @Conrad.'s posts a while back the math worked out that Utah would also have a city jersey. On their team store they are selling "Remix Icon", "Remix Association", "Remix Statement", and "Hardwood Classic" jerseys only.

3 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

If using a Classic edition jersey in the place of a City edition is allowed, I wish more teams would take advantage of that option.

I would kill to see the Hornets take advantage of this. Bring back the throwbacks!

• Like 3

the user formerly known as cdclt

16 hours ago, infernoqueso said:

I really don't see how anybody can give the Cavs any credit for the uniforms.   There is not a single identifiable uniform element in their set.  They just have colors that work well together which is not the same as having even decent uniforms.  

Eh, logos and wordmarks are uniform elements. There is some sublimation as well, not that this changes much. It's certainly easy to argue that they are basic or underwhelming, but look at teams like Alabama or Penn State. Sure there is, like, one element when you include the helmet/pants, but do you think their fans look stupid wearing just the jersey? That is not to say these are modern classics, but I see a tendancy here (I've done it myself) to evaluate uniforms based more on expectations than the product itself.

The previous Cavs set was really bad in terms of branding. The only element worth keeping, in my mind, was the gold accent on the neck. I don't like single color trim (especially using navy against the wine), the bent gold accents were arbitrary, and the wordmarks were uninspired. 

Now, again, I think if they had added a simple trim element (like two subtle gold stripes), they'd be getting far better reviews. The fact that they went SO simple has gotten a lot of backlash in here, and I get that and agree it was a bit disappointing. But I still think it's an upgrade in their look. The wordmarks, logos, and colors are all improved and featured well on the new uniforms. I also think they will look good in action. It's not a top tier look but it's certainly not a mess or a disaster.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, CDCLT said:

I would kill to see the Hornets take advantage of this. Bring back the throwbacks!

Many teams would benefit from this IMO. Even not being a teal guy, I would have much rather seen the Pistons' teal and/or maroon joints from the 90s the last half decade than uninspired at best and ugly at worst "Motor City" jerseys year after year, for instance.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

If using a Classic edition jersey in the place of a City edition is allowed, I wish more teams would take advantage of that option.

I wonder if teams could utilize this in order to wear two throwbacks in the same season. (ex. using a home throwback as their "city" edition, and using a road throwback as the actual classic edition)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, fortunat1 said:

I wonder if teams could utilize this in order to wear two throwbacks in the same season. (ex. using a home throwback as their "city" edition, and using a road throwback as the actual classic edition)

At least you can in NBA 2k. Whenever I play 2k I just use the classic 80's-90's as "Association", "Icon", "Statement", and "City" editions.

1 hour ago, fortunat1 said:

Might be hard to sell that to Nike since sales would kinda be cannibalized. It's easier to sell two different designs for the City and Classic (for the jerseys and related merch). Also, as much as it would be an improvement for many teams, a whole "set" of Classic uniforms is kind of a slap in the face to the current branding.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

There's a midwest Motorola monopoly in the NBA.  Indy, Milwaukee, and now Chicago all have Moto patches.

Isn't MOTO owned by a Chinese company now?  Was all that hoopla over Huawei not applicable to other Chinese tech companies and why or why not?  Just curious.

1 hour ago, sayahh said:

Isn't MOTO owned by a Chinese company now?

Owned by Lenovo but only a Mobility part, Solutions is still a Motorola.

9 hours ago, Shadojoker said:
Bulls got a new sponsor Motorola. At least the patch colors are complimentary. Gonna miss Zenni tho.

Kinda fascinatic how different discussion about sponsors is in NBA thread where we're talking about which one fits better and in NHL thread where we're talking about how RBC on Habs sweater and others are profanation.

4r2eer.png

9 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Owned by Lenovo but only a Mobility part, Solutions is still a Motorola.

Kinda fascinatic how different discussion about sponsors is in NBA thread where we're talking about which one fits better and in NHL thread where we're talking about how RBC on Habs sweater and others are profanation.

That's because it's the first season, and we're not used to NHL ads. We've become desensitized to it over here in the NBA circle, and   it's practically becoming a design element.

(check out the 2017-18 NBA thread; you see some extreme reactions to ads.)

• Like 1