2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

10 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The royal blue and gold are light enough to evoke the 2000s set, while the red ties into the 90s set, and all three colors relfect the Colorado flag.

Pretty much. I know it won't please most of the powder-blue era fans but that set always needed some dark color in there. But not so dark as to be boring navy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Great tweak. Replace Mile High City with Denver or Nuggets, add white one and you've got a great home, away uniforms.

3 hours ago, Conrad. said:

I hate those wordmarks on sides instead on center. It's another "only for one season" thing which stays with us for longer period (I don't want to say forever) just like ads on helmets in NHL.

• Like 4

4r2eer.png

Just noticed this oddity:

NBA 2k23 has the Lakers' Statement with yellow numbers, whereas the actual jersey has black numbers (and it may have been talked about last week, and if so, I apologize). I think I like the yellow numbers better. 

Lakers Statement Jersey 2022 Photo Gallery | NBA.com

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

1993-94 Milwaukee also switched from Kelly Forest Green to Purple. The 1993-2005 sets were fair. They even brought back green in 1995 with infamous Green "Deer" uniform. Milwaukee went back to their original colors with their 2005-2015 set then went radical with their 2015-16 current set.

Bucks wear forest green, not Kelly green, but otherwise on the nose.  If social media had existed back then, the Bucks going purple would have been seen the same way many see the Toronto Bay Blue Wings Lightning ditching black. 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Just noticed this oddity:

NBA 2k23 has the Lakers' Statement with yellow numbers, whereas the actual jersey has black numbers (and it may have been talked about last week, and if so, I apologize). I think I like the yellow numbers better. 

Lakers Statement Jersey 2022 Photo Gallery | NBA.com

2k also has the ad patch white, which thankfully isn’t the case on the real thing. I do agree, though, I definitely prefer the gold numbers over the black on the real version.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 9/22/2022 at 5:17 AM, Old School Fool said:

I also want to add on with this that every NBA teams court now has small wordmarks in the corner of each baseline to make room for advertising beside it. We saw some teams go with this last season but now it seems to be every single NBA team.  This is a huge blow to the creative direction of team branding and just looks downright awful and soulless. Greed wins once again.

This was the worst thing to happen as a result of the post-pandemic losses. I hated the way teams ruined their courts with the squished in advertising space; we only got the courts as they should be designed when the game was nationally televised. And now it's here to stay, it looks like; anytime a path of ad revenue like this opens up, teams hardly ever shut the door on the profit that can be made.

• Like 2

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

1 hour ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

This was the worst thing to happen as a result of the post-pandemic losses. I hated the way teams ruined their courts with the squished in advertising space; we only got the courts as they should be designed when the game was nationally televised. And now it's here to stay, it looks like; anytime a path of ad revenue like this opens up, teams hardly ever shut the door on the profit that can be made.

I think the Wizards had only “Capital One Arena” on the baselines the last three years, and now they’re adding the team name back to the baseline corner…a win for old DC lol

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I think the Wizards had only “Capital One Arena” on the baselines the last three years, and now they’re adding the team name back to the baseline corner…a win for old DC lol

I always thought the Knicks should just have "Madison Square Garden" along the baselines in the old Art Deco font on the sign:

madison-square-garden-entrance-24525895.

It would confer a certain seriousness. The name is at center court, and MSG is more important than the Knicks.

• Like 8

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Nets uniform schedule now up on their website.

Saw that. They will have three white uniforms (Association/City/Classic) and two black uniforms (Icon/Statement). Seems they will continue wearing the Icon and Statement at home and only wear Association on the road. Also on their schedule/site I can't decipher which black strtip on their schedule is the Icon or Association.

51 minutes ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Saw that. They will have three white uniforms (Association/City/Classic) and two black uniforms (Icon/Statement). Seems they will continue wearing the Icon and Statement at home and only wear Association on the road. Also on their schedule/site I can't decipher which black strtip on their schedule is the Icon or Association.

Look carefully. One black strip has a herringbone pattern, that's the statement.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

On 9/22/2022 at 7:29 PM, SSmith48 said:

To me, they took  and changed everything that worked in that uniform. The white letters gave it the needed visual depth, and those triangles on the shorts really worked as a darker two-tone being navy. The stars are a fitting addition, I guess. Other than that, this used to be the Nuggets' best uniform of the regular rotation, now with the made tweaks it reminds me of a cheaper McDonald's All-American uniform look.

Edited by truepg
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, truepg said:

To me, they took  and changed everything that worked in that uniform. The white letters gave it the needed visual depth, and those triangles on the shorts really worked as a darker two-tone being navy. The stars are a fitting addition, I guess. Other than that, this used to be the Nuggets' best uniform of the regular rotation, now with the made tweaks it reminds me of a cheaper McDonald's All-American uniform look.

I don't want any Nuggets jersey that's not rainbow skyline and I want a deep dive oral history of its origin

Hell yeah, I love oral deep-dives. I wish they had stuck with those, too, but as I said about the Nuggets before, as novel as it was, it never really made sense. Quirky for quirky's sake, for lack of a better term? (I had to spell it out; I realized just saying "QFQS" about rainbows would have been pretty awk.)

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫