2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Three jerseys this year are going to be nothing but black/dark gray and white outlines? 

Ah, NBA's Eye Health Awareness initiative!  /s

3 hours ago, Discogod said:

Here's the actual Magic City uni.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's such a weird choice. And like many other specialty jerseys, looks like it belongs to a completely different franchise. Maybe it's the start or the Nike Alternate Reality Series. These are the Orlando BlackJacks from Earth 2.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Discogod said:

Here's the actual Magic City uni.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The chainmail makes me think maybe they're going for a medieval knight thing? Because otherwise I have absolutely no idea what this is supposed to be referencing. Looks decent enough, I guess. At least from a distance they'll look like the Magic again and not some "what if Juice won the name the team contest" gray and orange team.

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

18 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

The chainmail makes me think maybe they're going for a medieval knight thing? Because otherwise I have absolutely no idea what this is supposed to be referencing. Looks decent enough, I guess. At least from a distance they'll look like the Magic again and not some "what if Juice won the name the team contest" gray and orange team.

My first thought was a chainlink fence. But that's probably because the jersey is hanging on a chainlink fence and my mind just went there. The wordmark has a tattoo feel so maybe some type of urban/street lifestyle theme? I honestly have no idea what direction this is going.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I believe the pattern is a nod to Cinderella Castle.  The colors, though...jfc...fans: "We like the black and blue!" Team  and Nike: "Okay we hear our wonderful fans (!) but what about orange, gray, and/or navy??" 

Cinderella Castle in the Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort, Bay Lake,  Orange Conty, Florida, United States Stock Photo - Alamy

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

My first thought was a chainlink fence. But that's probably because the jersey is hanging on a chainlink fence and my mind just went there. The wordmark has a tattoo feel so maybe some type of urban/street lifestyle theme? I honestly have no idea what direction this is going.

I thought for sure they were doing something about magic lounges/nightclubs/magic castle or even Disney at night or something but I'm starting to worry you're onto something and they're going for a Hart & Huntington/tattoo culture theme. Weird.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I believe the pattern is a nod to Cinderella Castle.  The colors, though...jfc...fans: "We like the black and blue!" Team  and Nike: "Okay we hear our wonderful fans (!) but what about orange, gray, and/or navy??" 

I think you're right. This is the castle at night:

beacon-of-magic-cinderella-castle-magic-

Pretty much a perfect match on the pattern. But then that raises the question, why go with such a muted and dull color scheme to reference something as bright and colorful as the castle? If they're going to do a Disney jersey may as well go all the way.

Still can't find a match on the wordmark, though. Thought for a second Fantasyland or Frontierland might be it, but nope. Not Big Thunder Mountain or any other rides in the park either. It does look vaguely familiar, I just can't place it.

• Like 4

ExJworW.png

11 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Still can't find a match on the wordmark, though. Thought for a second Fantasyland or Frontierland might be it, but nope. Not Big Thunder Mountain or any other rides in the park either. It does look vaguely familiar, I just can't place it.

A way-out-there-and-I'd-be-incredibly-surprised-if-true guess that's is vaguely tangential based on the colors...

Is it supposed to be an all-caps mark that resembles Haunted Mansion?

Here's Everything We Know About Disney's The Haunted Mansion Movie Remake

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.