2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

☝️ This and the Magic City jerseys are what happens when the good idea cupboard runs bare...this is also the problem that occurs with obligating yourself to designing new jerseys/uniforms every year or every two years: creative flameout. Which is to say...the league/Nike brought this on themselves...

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

im surprised that the magic never actually came out with an orange jersey. that whole line of orange themed jerseys just look like they were going for a halloween look instead of anything inspired by florida oranges or the tropics. also just wanna say that navy on black color scheme with the little bit of grey looks gross. it looks like when the pistons were stuck in their motor city/raiders jersey phase.  could have easily just used a blue trim. maybe even purple/indigo. the wordmark is cool but way too small. and keeping the number font standard is just a lazy move. and the little pattern is neat up until you step an inch away and you cant even see it.

--

the heat jerseys surprisingly look better now that the letters and numbers are on white and i guess they pop out more.

--

as for the wolves... what are you doing. it looks like a modernized attempt of the white and rainbow jerseys from the nuggets. which i actually wouldnt have mind if this design went to them instead.

IMG-7122.gif

I first saw that T-Wolves City (I think) jersey yesterday and I have yet to see what it's supposed to mean/represent.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

NBA branding has been a complete disaster ever since they decided to go their new uniform system. It's especially frustrating to see the T-Wolves city jersey last year, which was by far the best jersey they had in their set and a huge fan favorite, and then see whatever monstrosity is. The word mark sucks and is too low.  The font on the front is ugly. It's a horribly bland minimalist uniform that they then decided to throw a Mondrian painting on top of.  It's completely hideous. No T-Wolves fan would take this over what they had last year, and yet still teams will continue to shove out new poorly-done uniforms year in and year out because $$$ and compromise any shred of brand consistency they had left. It's not surprising yet still disappointing. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

The speculated T-Wolves jerseys seem to have been leaked too: 

Oh jesus, that's so much worse than the mockups lmao

They literally just took a white jersey, added some navy to it then slapped a bunch of rectangles on the chest with a basic-ass font on the front. If they were really going for a local art vibe, they were way too conservative.

• Like 1