2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

On 10/2/2022 at 11:51 AM, Digby said:

Maybe this is a reactionary thing because it’s something “new” in the Celtics brand, but I feel like the center court logo looks terrible without the white background. (To say nothing of the baseline ads, when the Celtics arguably already had one).

I will say that I never liked the giant white circle, but it feels like it's missing something.

Couldn't they have just left the inside white like this?

Boston-Celtics-emblem.jpg

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I will say that I never liked the giant white circle, but it feels like it's missing something.

Couldn't they have just left the inside white like this?

That might be it. I don't know that I ever see the logo without the inner part of the roundel filled in with white. It's like they didn't follow their own style guide in designing the new court.

• Like 3

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3 hours ago, IceCap said:

The Clippers pretending like they own the Compton look will never not be funny. 

I'm one of the whitest guys you'll ever meet and even I can tell "nah that doesn't fit." 

At least someone's claiming it 🙄 sure  wouldn't be the Lakers. 

To really claim it they'll need a new team name.

I'm all for dropping the red and blue but we don't need another black and white team.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

6 hours ago, IceCap said:

I'm one of the whitest guys you'll ever meet and even I can tell "nah that doesn't fit." 

As someone who was born and raised in LA, it was really funny to see the Clippers attempt this at the beginning, but I have to say it’s working.

I recently moved back to LA for work after living elsewhere for a few years, and the amount of Clippers gear being worn, Clippers sponsored facilities for kids, or basketball courts remodeled by the Clippers I’ve seen is astounding. The difference from two years ago to now is something that I wouldn’t have believed. Obviously them trying to play into the “bad boy” image of LA is still funny, but their marketing is working really

well. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the next generation of kids in LA is a near equal split of Lakers to Clipper fans. 

• Like 2
  • Huh? 2
  • Yawn 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Yeah, there's a long hill the Clippers'll have to climb if they ever even want to match the level of cultural panache that the Lakers have in LA, and that involves winning 'chips. LA is a winner's town, and the Lakers have done a lot of winning while the Clippers only have two division titles from nearly a decade ago and haven't made the Finals in their 37 years in LA.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the next generation of kids in LA is a near equal split of Lakers to Clipper fans. 

Sure once they manage to win something maybe 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, LEWJ said:

Here’s a look at the Cavaliers new uniforms in game action. 

CAV04183.jpg

https://www.nba.com/cavaliers/photos/photogallery-clephi-221005

I think a filter is making this look cooler than it really is; that color is pretty great, though the palette reminds me of Florida State a bit

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

48 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Yeah I don’t think the Cavs looks “bad” by any stretch, but they sure could use some gold trim on those uniforms. They’re inoffensive to me because there just isn’t much there, same goes for the Jazz really.

I'd probably agree if the Jazz actually used Jazz colors.

Having 3 uniforms that are black and highlighter yellow, while using the tagline "Purple is back" still makes absolutely no sense to me.

If the Cavs uniforms were something like hot pink and green then I'd group them together with the Jazz.

• Like 2

it just feels so wrong to see a basketball uniform with nothing outside of text and numbers. (no im not counting little sponsor logos or a team logo slapped onto the shorts.) i just dont see a complete basketball uniform, i just see shorts and a tank top. i feel like every team's got something distinctive about their uniform set. whether its as prominent as the raptors chevrons or as subtle as just the celtics trim. every team'g got a little something and its a shame the cavs got nothing going for them.  all they really have is a solid looking font that's not backed up with anything

• Like 15

IMG-7122.gif

3 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

it just feels so wrong to see a basketball uniform with nothing outside of text and numbers. (no im not counting little sponsor logos or a team logo slapped onto the shorts.) i just dont see a complete basketball uniform, i just see shorts and a tank top. i feel like every team's got something distinctive about their uniform set. whether its as prominent as the raptors chevrons or as subtle as just the celtics trim. every team'g got a little something and its a shame the cavs got nothing going for them.  all they really have is a solid looking font that's not backed up with anything

Agree 100%. Even some simple striping on the sides would make this look so much better. That C logo on the shorts doesn’t fit at all, looks like it was an afterthought when they realized how plain the uni was

• Like 3

On 10/5/2022 at 9:55 PM, VDizzle12 said:

The Cavs gold isn't nearly as metallic as they claimed and the set is just way too bland. As expected the trim striping is completely invisible. It's not a bad set, but not a good one either. Just "meh"...

Yep. They built a campaign on the gold but it's fairly lifeless on the road uniform and tertiary in the rest of the set. Not ugly, just dull. Needs something.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 11:00 AM, IceCap said:

It almost feels like they're antagonizing Donald Sterling and David Stern by being like "yeah, our logo is just a prison tattoo now, we love it, what are you gonna do about it, nothing, you're either dying or dead."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫