2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

On 9/28/2022 at 9:17 AM, kimball said:

Oh Ben. No. No. No. No.

I might give you some leeway on the black jerseys, but the white one is horrible. Especially since the #2 is soooooo off center with the Jazz note. Let's hope that was just a Media Day mistake.

IIRC, Ben’s either dating or married to the head of Jazz social media, so I feel like there’s some sort of “like these or you’re sleeping on the couch” ultimatum at play here. That’s the only explanation I’ve got for his defense of an obvious dumpster fire.

That off-center 2 on Sexton’s jersey is burned into my brain now. If that thing remains into the season, that’s one more L you can add to the, I dunno, 55 they’re already bound to get this year.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

New court in Memphis:

spacer.png

(via The Daily Memphian's report on new SRO tickets at FedExForum)

I think I preferred the old wraparound apron stripe look from the past few years more, but this is solid. Definitely like the more full wordmark look on the baselines, too.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, San Diego said:

Kings still haven't released a throwback or a city jersey. I'm tired of waiting. Am I missing something?

Kings won't have a Classic uniform this season and none of City (except Wizards) are officialy released. They'll be at 10th November.

4r2eer.png

6 hours ago, San Diego said:

Kings still haven't released a throwback or a city jersey. I'm tired of waiting. Am I missing something?

This constantly rotating City and 'else' program has me personally totally disinterested in and not looking forward to the new uniforms that are released, other than the regular sets, and seeing them just as an afterthought, which they have also been design-wise for the most part. The effect that was expected right from the implementation of the program.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

21 hours ago, YELDARBfield said:

New court in Memphis:

spacer.png

(via The Daily Memphian's report on new SRO tickets at FedExForum)

I think I preferred the old wraparound apron stripe look from the past few years more, but this is solid. Definitely like the more full wordmark look on the baselines, too.

Keeping the woodgrain laid out straight in relation to the baseline, as opposed to the sideline like any other NBA floor that doesn't do a special pattern for their wood.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Maybe this is a reactionary thing because it’s something “new” in the Celtics brand, but I feel like the center court logo looks terrible without the white background. (To say nothing of the baseline ads, when the Celtics arguably already had one).

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

20 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

Two more statement jerseys, Dallas and Portland. Nothing much to say about the Mavericks. It's disappointing to see Portland drop the sash though...

The Blazers jerseys may not be my favorite, but I'll say this: I actually like that video. It makes it seem as if Dame put some serious effort into his role as "creative director" and didn't just reach for the most gimmicky bells and whistles. He showed some creative restraint, which I find admirable. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

The Blazers jerseys may not be my favorite, but I'll say this: I actually think that video. It makes it seem as if Dame put some serious effort into his role as "creative director" and didn't just reach for the most gimmicky bells and whistles. He showed some creative restraint, which I find admirable. 

19 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

Two more statement jerseys, Dallas and Portland. Nothing much to say about the Mavericks. It's disappointing to see Portland drop the sash though...

I said this back when it first leaked, and I’ll say it again: as a Blazers fan, I actually don’t mind losing the sash and kind of like the side panel design as something completely different on the red unis. My biggest gripe is with the pinwheel. I don’t mind it being on the chest in lieu of a wordmark since it is such an iconic mark and proportionally fits well, but it really should be the full-color version instead of monochrome. Especially with the white numbers and NOB’s, it needs the full-color version to tie it all together. Plus, the full-color version would stand out more, which it seems like is what Dame wanted when deciding to use the pinwheel in the first place. All told, though, it’s cool to see that Dame was truly actively involved in the design process and didn’t just go off the rails with the design like I’m sure some players would if given the opportunity.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Clippers:

The Clippers pretending like they own the Compton look will never not be funny. 

I'm one of the whitest guys you'll ever meet and even I can tell "nah that doesn't fit." 

• Like 4

clippers: not gonna lie, i am impressed with their commitment to this one single wordmark. id probably complain about those jerseys if an old english rebrand wasn't all but confirmed already (that Los Angeles wordmark is part of their official logo set now according to Conrad on twitter.) though the white on the collar does sort of bother me and the little side design just looks sorta awkward. 

mavericks: cant say much. definitely nothing to complain about, probably their best statement jersey since luka got drafted. which doesnt say much but still. glad they didn't go no trim like other teams.

blazers: ehhhhhh... its a no from me. its kinda funny how they made that whole video just for the jerseys to almost be another cavs/jazz jersey if it wasn't for the somewhat redeeming side design.

IMG-7122.gif