2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

1 hour ago, mattr1198 said:

Full view of the Knicks' new Statement uniform. Looks better than the leak, but still think their prior blue Statement was better:

ygz4e2fb68q91.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&

This is trash, but only because I have no idea what they are trying to do with this. Nike has official run out of ideas.

• Like 4

On 9/22/2022 at 12:29 PM, SSmith48 said:

Denver has just unveiled their new Statement uniforms. As leaks suggested, it remains royal blue, but focuses more on yellow and red. Similar to previous Statement in theming, but a bit more colorful and distinct. I honestly think it's good, gives off Colorado/Denver flag vibes. 

The Denver Globetrotters

7 hours ago, Chawls said:

People hating on the ʟᴀɴᴅ jerseys while forgetting that the sKʏ have been around since 2006 😆

Just wait until the Sonics come back and we get a City Edition with SEA across the chest.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Hurl 1

8 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

ygz4e2fb68q91.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&

So they mixed current unis with color of 17-20 City's with gradient of 20/21 City with side stripes of 21/22 City and shorts stripes from 17/18. Yeah. Old Statement was far better.

7 hours ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

No uni ad for the Knicks?

Maybe they negotiate reneval like Heat which didn't have UKG on rookie media day, summer league and retro presentation but logo is back on media day.

4r2eer.png

i’m honestly just not a fan of the knicks wearing dark colors like black and navy. i don’t know why, it just looks off to me. under the bright lights of MSG all i wanna see is blue, white, and *maybe* orange one day if they want. dark jerseys just don’t look right on their floor to me 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

IMG-7122.gif

Oh Ben. No. No. No. No.

I might give you some leeway on the black jerseys, but the white one is horrible. Especially since the #2 is soooooo off center with the Jazz note. Let's hope that was just a Media Day mistake.

• Meh 2
  • Huh? 2

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

48 minutes ago, kimball said:

Oh Ben. No. No. No. No.

I might give you some leeway on the black jerseys, but the white one is horrible. Especially since the #2 is soooooo off center with the Jazz note. Let's hope that was just a Media Day mistake.

I love when fans and media members try to defend their team's awful design choices. Just from two tweets this guy seems arrogant and is basically saying everyone else is wrong for not liking the uniforms. We all expected these uniforms to look bad on actual players and they do. Take the blinders off and try to have an unbiased opinion.

• Like 8

really dumb logic to say “oh they’re on par with other jerseys in the league.” i mean yea, most basketball uniforms in the world are. just because there’s a text/logo in the front with a number doesn’t mean they’re automatically good. they’re bearable to the eyes sure. doesn’t take away how incredibly dumb their entire brand looks at the moment. the colors, the concept, the execution, everything. it’s a mess and it’s ugly as a whole. 

• Like 10

IMG-7122.gif

16 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

really dumb logic to say “oh they’re on par with other jerseys in the league.” i mean yea, most basketball uniforms in the world are. just because there’s a text/logo in the front with a number doesn’t mean they’re automatically good. they’re bearable to the eyes sure. doesn’t take away how incredibly dumb their entire brand looks at the moment. the colors, the concept, the execution, everything. it’s a mess and it’s ugly as a whole. 

Saying they're "on par with the rest of the league" just means that, like the rest of the leagues, the uniforms include shorts and a shirt with arm holes and a place for the head to stick out. 

• Like 6

New Clippers statement jersey

This new wave of statement jerseys has been interesting, as it brings elements from past city/earned jerseys into teams' main* identities (as seen with the Bucks antlers, Knicks gradient, and Clippers script).  It's only a matter of time until more teams use those details and build a full time brand around it.

*Yes the statement jerseys work as alternates, but they don't get cycled through every season, so I'll consider it part of the main identity

• Like 3
  • Applause 1