2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

1 hour ago, truepg said:

I think the court is great, other than being black. I found the recent use of honeycomb pattern both on the parquet and the paint and out of bounds areas, two different styles at that, a harsh stylistic and visual clash. The new uniforms not so much, though. The honeycomb really isn't the best choice to have on them, indeed.

Well, it's not black, it's purple. I hate the primary court they use now with the awful tonal honeycomb pattern, the one before it was leagues better. On the whole it's just another misstep by a front office used to making them.

the user formerly known as cdclt

14 hours ago, BBTV said:

Sorry if this has already been shown.  Looks legit.  And like 💩.

Saw these yesterday and.... 🤢. NO...just no!
Showed them to my brother and he liked them.

Last seasons Sixers City jersey was just so beautiful IMO, wish they went back to that, but in white.

spacer.png

• Like 15
  • Dislike 1

º º º º

gYFfCIp.pngPtJSay1.png

16 hours ago, BBTV said:

Sorry if this has already been shown.  Looks legit.  And like 💩.

These evoke a strange reaction. I really like the simplicity of the jersey and shorts and LOVE the use of the 76 secondary logo on the shorts. It has a simple, retro vibe. 

But that wordmark completely ruins it. That’s the sort of thing that belongs inside the collar or someplace small and subtle.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, truepg said:

What comes to the other unveilings, the Magic found a way to incorporate the star pattern that really works. Only the collar and arm trim is BFBS, needs white elements.

How?  Black and blue have always been their colors.

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 9/15/2022 at 6:45 PM, Shadojoker said:

OH NO!!!! 🤮🤮🤮🤮 

I can't believe the leaks were true!

----‐------------------------------

Oops my bad. This is just an HD version of the leak from earlier this year.

This honestly could be a strong contender for the worst NBA jersey of all time. I've always thought dumb city monikers like "Buzz City", "Motor City", "City Never Sleeps", etc. were gimmicky and had no place on jerseys in a professional sports league (leave that to fashion jerseys and minor league baseball), but "Land" really takes the cake.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Like, I get "The Land" is a nickname, but why put just "Land"?

The leak shows a blurred bit of gold above the A and N in land, which is very likely going to be "THE". This is probably just a mistake on the designer's end since the reference image was such low quality.

21 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

This is shaping up to be the worst batch of City jerseys since the first year. (2018, right?)

I think the program has been running on fumes since about then. The City program would be much better if it were an every-five-year thing. There just continue to not be enough good designs to warrant a full league-wide revamp every single season.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I think the program has been running on fumes since about then. The City program would be much better if it were an every-five-year thing. There just continue to not be enough good designs to warrant a full league-wide revamp every single season.

Yeah, this was always one of my fears for the program. The first fear was that the program would severely dilute teams’ brands (which has happened), but the second was definitely the potential for ideas to run out quickly (which is happening now in real time, team by team). In my opinion, the NBA could really stand to re-evaluate its uniform program and either scrap the city program altogether, or replace it with something that sticks much more to teams’ core brands.

• Like 5

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

We need a hard-reset year of no alternates where everyone just wears white at home and dark on the road, as the NHL did in '08 and '18 with the supplier switches. Give people a chance to miss some stuff; I can't believe the drive to consume product is that high that they can't stop.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

We need a hard-reset year of no alternates where everyone just wears white at home and dark on the road, as the NHL did in '08 and '18 with the supplier switches. Give people a chance to miss some stuff; I can't believe the drive to consume product is that high that they can't stop.

I think this would be best for everyone.

It would feel so refreshing to turn on an NBA game and be able to instantly tell the home and road teams.

Maybe make NBA sideline hats and sweats that people could buy instead. Let the players come out in ball caps and make those official gear.

I by and large skip most of this thread because it's too much for me. And I spend more than enough time on r/NBA; the City program should be up my alley.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 9/17/2022 at 11:46 AM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Like, I get "The Land" is a nickname, but why put just "Land"?

2022-2023-nba-city-edition-uniforms-city

The previous leak clearly includes a "THE" above LAND and what appears to be a snowflake? No way they just say Land... for the love of God I hope at least.

Cavs new set looks good IMO. I think if they added a couple gold stripes to the trim they'd be getting a much better reaction, but overall it's an upgraded look with streamlined colors and logos.

• Like 2