2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

On 8/31/2022 at 7:52 PM, Jay_Mellowed said:

Just clipped this from a new NBA 2K23 trailer, it appears that the Mavericks will have a new court for the upcoming season that’ll be primarily Navy Blue.

spacer.png

Just wanted to circle back to this, and let it be known that the hardwood on this Mavs court is actually grey. Quite the odd choice for Dallas.

• Like 3
  • WOAH 1

1 hour ago, Survival79 said:

Clear side panels?

There is a tiny teal line visible on Hornets which look like current side stripes. On the other hand I found that there is no green line visible on Celtics but the rest is exact same as current alternate.

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

Just wanted to circle back to this, and let it be known that the hardwood on this Mavs court is actually grey. Quite the odd choice for Dallas.

It was only a matter of time before someone copied Brooklyn’s grey court. 

Makes sense it’s the Mavs as they also copied the Nets graffiti jerseys a few years ago. 

spacer.png

• Like 5
NYCdog.png

It just dawned on me that there’s posters who weren’t even alive when “clear side panels” became a board meme.  Hell, I’m pretty sure that meme is old enough to vote. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • WOAH 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

gonna hold my full opinions until we can see the side views. but so far a lot of these new statement jerseys just look like changes for changes sake. 

-sixers, celtics, nuggets, orlando, and grizzlies being the biggest example of this.

-the nets one is okay. i get they're trying to backtrack away from the graffiti theme but i would liked to see some more character. then again the sides could make all the difference.

-glad the CHA jerseys are gone for charlotte but man, no pinstripes on a purple jersey is criminal. ive been waiting to see what a modern purple pinstripe jersey would look like.  hopefully the side design makes up for it?

-Mavs is alright, just a cleaned up version of their previous statement jersey.

-the timberwolves one is well... something.  i cant say if its a back track or an improvement on the eyes sore lime jerseys. but i will say that those were a pretty recognizable jersey across the league and its gonna be weird not seeing them wear those anymore.

-new york's is alright. honestly i would have preferred them to stay on the path of having a blue or white statement jersey. but i guess they wanted some more variety. 

-phoenix's is nice i guess. similar to the timberwolves i dont know if many people liked the statement jerseys but at least they were quite recognizable across the league (i think they were the only team to have a core orange jersey?)  now these new jerseys kinda just blend in with the rest of the league. which could be a good or bad thing depending on your perspective. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Indeed the floor is grey:

FcJNyaCXEAIULuK?format=jpg&name=large

They serious about boosting that Dallas skyline, ain't they? It'd be better if more than maybe 3 or 4 people outside Dallas even knew what was in Dallas' skyline. (Shoot, there's probably people in north Fort Worth who couldn't recognize the Dallas skyline if you put it right in front of them.) The killing thing is the skyline actually looks rather distinctive for what it is.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

14 minutes ago, tBBP said:

They serious about boosting that Dallas skyline, ain't they? It'd be better if more than maybe 3 or 4 people outside Dallas even knew what was in Dallas' skyline. (Shoot, there's probably people in north Fort Worth who couldn't recognize the Dallas skyline if you put it right in front of them.) The killing thing is the skyline actually looks rather distinctive for what it is.

I recognize the Reunion Tower (had to look up its name though), but having that bridge randomly thrown in like that makes it look like they stole the Gateway Arch from St. Louis.

• Like 3

Love it! Script is classy and the colorway is fantastic, I wish the Hawks (or any Atlanta team, for that matter) would try to incorporate peach into their color scheme. Red, black, and yellow looks good but is overused, especially with the rockets and Cavs using similar color schemes. Wish we had a full look and the side panel and short designs, but that looks pretty slick.

• Like 4

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns