2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

I'm in love with those. I don't see the green, and I hope it's just the lighting. If it's indeed green for some reason then I'm out. Give me a more funky wordmark on the chest and  a better number font and let's make these the basis of the new uniforms, today. There's a lot going on but they feel polished.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Survival79 said:

Looks like it is just bad lighting.

7bD1FGJ.jpg

really neat jersey that isn't doing too much for a statement jersey. i wouldnt even mind if their whole set used this design. it's much more of a cohesive design than the last statement jersey which i thought looked really weird:

statement-jersey-2020.png

one thing that's absolutely killing me about the new one though is that the trim on the shorts (black blue black) is different from the trim on the jerseys (solid black***)

Edited by pelicanfan
typo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Survival79 said:

7bD1FGJ.jpg

Glad they ditched the pinstripe panels and switched back to full pinstripes. Although I think the star pattern in the side panels looks a bit cheesy.

1 hour ago, Kg54mvp said:

What is the reason for the recent trend in the NBA for both the mismatched wordmark/number coloring AND color-on-color numbers? Fixing those two issues would make these uniforms so much better.

In other news, the Hornets unveiled a much improved statement look. No more CHA, and some cool new hexagon accents.

• Like 8

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Minnesota is almost onto something to salvage their brand with -- the new wordmark and design both feel like subtle/clever updates to the current brand. Just needs to be on navy instead of grey and it could be the new core brand (Seahawksy, yes, but who cares).

• Like 7

Apologies if this has already been posted:

If they have to keep the stupid black panels, this isn't such a bad way to do it. Marries the Magic, Kobe and the black side panel jerseys and keeps the best of all of them.

• Like 1
  • Hurl 3
  • Meh 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Hate 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, Kg54mvp said:

They need to change up the team identity. Everything is basic and kinda boring. They have good colors, fonts, numbers but the final presentation has been lacking since day one.

On a side note they lost something when they darkened the blue. I don't hate the green but it doesn't make me think of trees in a forest either.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Minnesota is almost onto something to salvage their brand with -- the new wordmark and design both feel like subtle/clever updates to the current brand. Just needs to be on navy instead of grey and it could be the new core brand (Seahawksy, yes, but who cares).

My thoughts exactly. This jersey isn't a winner, but I really like the wordmark treatment and the use of the full "TIMBERWOLVES" name. Keep building off this. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Glad they ditched the pinstripe panels and switched back to full pinstripes. Although I think the star pattern in the side panels looks a bit cheesy.

What is the reason for the recent trend in the NBA for both the mismatched wordmark/number coloring AND color-on-color numbers? Fixing those two issues would make these uniforms so much better.

In other news, the Hornets unveiled a much improved statement look. No more CHA, and some cool new hexagon accents.

One of the better modern Hornets jerseys. The sides and trim are really cool. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

29 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

My thoughts exactly. This jersey isn't a winner, but I really like the wordmark treatment and the use of the full "TIMBERWOLVES" name. Keep building off this. 

A new white and navy set (or medium blue) based off this Statement would be great. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/12/2022 at 5:50 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Looks like it's influenced by FX's Atlanta.

Atlanta.jpg

Even if not, it's still a beautiful jersey, and that peach and red combo should be the Hawks main colors.

Peach & Red would be unique especially that peaches are of course strongly associated with Georgia. I am surprised no major team has has peach as a main color.

On 9/13/2022 at 12:32 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Spot on.

qbxymhkho3rsw0illbmz.jpg

FQ6NinjXMAArYRQ.png

Did not like those Jazz jerseys then and still think they look lame. And I agree those statement jerseys hardly scream classic Nets to me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Survival79 said:

7bD1FGJ.jpg

Love them.

4 hours ago, Kg54mvp said:

Eh.

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Apologies if this has already been posted:

If they have to keep the stupid black panels, this isn't such a bad way to do it. Marries the Magic, Kobe and the black side panel jerseys and keeps the best of all of them.

May be an unpopular opinion but these are sweet.

• Like 3

I think the Hornets set is a miss, the purple set should just be a color swapped version of the home/road. So glad CHA is gone, not feeling the hexagon pattern - the only time I've seen the Hornets use it and it work for me is on the court. Boring set that unfortunately matches the team's modern branding, but an upgrade over what came before.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt