2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

20 hours ago, Digby said:

Celtics' new City jersey is official.

I like that, Celtics basically never had a bad City uniform. Dark green mixed with gold and black gave some kind of nobility. Theie regular green wouldn't be look as good.

20 hours ago, Digby said:

Can't believe they killed Bill Russell just to make their new jersey campaign more poignant!

Jerry West should be scared at this point. 😁

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

4r2eer.png

19 hours ago, kimball said:

I found a few new courts on LockerVision I didn't see in this thread.

BKN_CT_4.jpgSAS_CT_1.jpgGSW_CT_4.jpgWAS_CT_4.jpgDET_CT_4.jpgUTA_CT_4.jpg

i hate to be that guy but it really does irk me how throwback courts often now have the two horizontal lines in the paint removed. i dont understand why they do this. makes it look inaccurate to the originals. as if moving around wordmarks and having to change arena logos wasnt enough. 

also noticed the nets court have a mismatching paint design. wonder if thats a mistake or if its actually like that. 

• Like 4

That Celtics' Bill Russel City uniform looks the least Celtics – or, nothing like, to be more precise – that I recall seeing, on top of having the Bucks' colors. Even the "Irish pub" unis were Celtics' green (or close to it). 

Nothing wrong with it per se, nothing great about it either, though. It's a black Celtics' block-style wordmark and numbers outlined in gold away from nailing the look.

Edited by truepg

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

i hate to be that guy but it really does irk me how throwback courts often now have the two horizontal lines in the paint removed. i dont understand why they do this. makes it look inaccurate to the originals. as if moving around wordmarks and having to change arena logos wasnt enough. 

I really miss the bronze-colored inisde of the paint for the Wizards there.

2 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Another nitpick is the free throw circles not being accurate. For instance, the Pistons' teal court had the free throw circle fully teal, not half. It seems like the NBA suggests (requires?) the lane to be one solid color these days, for whatever reason.

• Like 2

Why is the inside of the circle dashed instead of solid?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, projectjohn said:

Another nitpick is the free throw circles not being accurate. For instance, the Pistons' teal court had the free throw circle fully teal, not half. It seems like the NBA suggests (requires?) the lane to be one solid color these days, for whatever reason.

And for some reason doesn't require it of the Heat...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

I'm guessing old court designs that haven't been been changed or updated in many years are grandfathered in? Otherwise, I don't know. NBA style and design rules are all over the map these days.

that’s exactly what it is. I recall years ago that the league said that any new court designs couldn’t have the college lines. But just new ones.  I am surprised it applies to throwback designs but I guess it does. 

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, BBTV said:

that’s exactly what it is. I recall years ago that the league said that any new court designs couldn’t have the college lines. But just new ones.  I am surprised it applies to throwback designs but I guess it does. 

Was this before or after 2017? Timberwolves got a new court that year with college/HS lines.

EDIT: Celtics new court design also has those markings.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

10 hours ago, NeauXone said:

Was this before or after 2017? Timberwolves got a new court that year with college/HS lines.

EDIT: Celtics new court design also has those markings.

that’s a good question. I noticed that with the Celtics too. Perhaps it’s only when they get a new physical floor, and not simply change the center logo? According to google searching (I know), physical floors are replaced around every 10 years, though one team (didn’t say who) has received waivers and has had the same primary physical floor for 19. 

I’m sure Conrad or AH would know more. 

Seeing the modified Grizzlies court had me wonder: what's the rationale of putting some design on the all-spectator courtside portion of the floor? They look good but they'll never be seen on TV.  That portion is usually reserved for some text or a logo placed in the middle.

And by Grizzlies' designs, I mean (credit to Kodrinsky and LockerVision):

PvOWb8w.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/17/2022 at 10:40 PM, simtek34 said:

Excuse me being out of the loop on things related to the NBA, but how come every court now has the wordmarks left and right aligned and not centered anymore? New mandate? Advertisement reasons?

My biggest gripe with the new baseline decal alignment is that it now applies to nationality televised games as well instead of just local games so now every court has large unnecessary blank spaces on the most visable side of the baseline areas.

On 10/18/2022 at 11:34 AM, truepg said:

That Celtics' Bill Russel City uniform looks the least Celtics – or, nothing like, to be more precise – that I recall seeing, on top of having the Bucks' colors.

It's actually a really good design IMO, but this is the second time in the last few years Nike's given the Celtics uniforms that looked like they'd be better fits with the Bucks because of the main color.  They really should have insisted on this being kelly green.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬