2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

14 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

The Jazz new uniforms are SO terrible that they're actually playing the first game in their throwback set.

i wish the jazz could just wear the ugly jerseys with their chest instead of trying to cover up with the purple like they did in their season opener. you made those ugly jerseys, wear them. i know ive said this a dozen times already but at this point i feel like the purple throwbacks have lost their value now. as if desperately bringing them back just 2 years later and marketing it as "purple is back!!" didn't already do that. they can wear purple all they want but their core identity will always be black and yellow. might aswell own up to it until the next rebrand. 

Should be a point of discussion for this thread and board: why are the coaching staff kits so horrendous? The quarter-zips are even worse this year with this awkward thick black trim and a weird sort of granddad collar to boot? I pine for the days of coaches wearing suits. Or just allow for track jackets or coach’s jackets or something that doesn’t scream “hungover gym teacher”.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Digby said:

Should be a point of discussion for this thread and board: why are the coaching staff kits so horrendous? The quarter-zips are even worse this year with this awkward thick black trim and a weird sort of granddad collar to boot? I pine for the days of coaches wearing suits. Or just allow for track jackets or coach’s jackets or something that doesn’t scream “hungover gym teacher”.

NBA design seems to be intentionally obnoxious, kind of across the board.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

i wish the jazz could just wear the ugly jerseys with their chest instead of trying to cover up with the purple like they did in their season opener. you made those ugly jerseys, wear them. i know ive said this a dozen times already but at this point i feel like the purple throwbacks have lost their value now. as if desperately bringing them back just 2 years later and marketing it as "purple is back!!" didn't already do that. they can wear purple all they want but their core identity will always be black and yellow. might aswell own up to it until the next rebrand. 

They should just go back to their 90s look. They are so iconic and clean 

8 hours ago, ripall90 said:

They should just go back to their 90s look. They are so iconic and clean 

Clean?? The set with gradient sublimation and a six-color wordmark was clean?? lol no.

Iconic, yes. Fun, yes. Clean, no. 

• Like 9

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, Digby said:

Yeah, coaching attire has kind of taken a weird turn lately. I don’t mind the pivot away from suits - I can imagine coaches are much more comfortable on the court without them - but I haven’t really seen anything a coach has worn since then and said “yep, that’s what they should be wearing.” I feel like they need something a little more deliberate than “here’s your generic bad quarter zip in team colors”, but certainly less lax and silly than “here’s your team issued warmup jacket and sweats.”

On that note, Will Hardy’s attire is a head-scratcher because it’s really kind of cool outfit in a vacuum, but it’s also probably too casual for sideline wear to the point that he really looks like a fan that had wandered onto the court and snuck into team huddles. It doesn’t help that the purple logo on the black shirt wasn't as strong a contrast and was a bit too understated, making it look like a plain black shirt from certain distances on the broadcast.

spacer.png

As nice of an outfit that it is, I don’t think that’s the solution to coaching attire either.

• Like 5

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I saw a lot of people crap on them, at least on the wolves reddit, when they were revealed, but watching them, I actually quite like the wolves' statement jerseys. I wouldn't mind some elements from it creeping over into the main set.

I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

14 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Yeah, coaching attire has kind of taken a weird turn lately. I don’t mind the pivot away from suits - I can imagine coaches are much more comfortable on the court without them - but I haven’t really seen anything a coach has worn since then and said “yep, that’s what they should be wearing.” I feel like they need something a little more deliberate than “here’s your generic bad quarter zip in team colors”, but certainly less lax and silly than “here’s your team issued warmup jacket and sweats.”

Stern could barely tolerate Stan Van Gundy's mock turtlenecks. He would have shut the league back down until NBA coaches stopped dressing like social studies teachers who sleep with their students.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫