2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

14 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm confused. I thought the Bucks' inclusion of blue had to do with some homage to the city's proximity to a large body of water, as ridiculous as that may be. 

I'm just glad that Boston and Miami have both failed to realize their Atlantic oceanfront locations for this reason.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm confused. I thought the Bucks' inclusion of blue had to do with some homage to the city's proximity to a large body of water, as ridiculous as that may be. 

The name Milwaukee came from an indigenous word meaning "gathering place by the waters" (sorry to disappoint you fellow Wayne's World fans), so it's not totally random.

But still. What does blue actually add to the Bucks palate? Green, cream, and gold work well together, and at least you can argue that black was part of their identity from the start. Blue just seems so tacked on, unnecessary, and only adds to the chaos of random colors they've used over the years.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2022 at 7:06 PM, Frylock said:

Golden State Jazz?

Haven't watched many games, only highlights, so I did not understand your comment until I just happened to see Jazz highlights.  GSW's is better IMO cuz the outline of the key area is also yellow.

its funny they're doing this whole survey thing (its a shame that its in-person only) when they already committed themselves to being a purple team from now on (or at least pretend like it.) do they still not know what their identity is? i mean maybe the options include choosing between purple mountains or purple mardi gras (the new orleans in me is cringing.) but its pretty clear that purple + mountains probably represents their franchise the best especially with those throwbacks being forced as a cover up right now. utah fans i am counting on you

make a modern rendition of the mountain jerseys (they actually have one waiting to be used) and make it the base of a whole set and they're good to go. and we can forget that this mess ever happened. 

edit: i do wanna say though personally my favorite look of the jazz have been their red rock jerseys. but i do believe it’s best for them to just stay purple. 

• Like 6

Whatever way the Jazz take this, I just hope they don't introduce a new color scheme. Switching back to the 90's brand would probably satisfy the casual fan and not send uniform fans into a confused frenzy. Assuming they clean up the 90's identity (remove black, pick between teal and light blue, and remove excess outlines), the Jazz could establish a recognizable look that doesn't completely alienate their fanbase.

I may be thinking too optimistically here, but I think that the Jazz figured out that the fans actually do want the purple that they've been clamoring for, not black and highlighter yellow. As with any Jazz rebrand though, it's a toss up. Hopefully they come up with something that fans and uni nerds alike can enjoy.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, insert name said:

At least the Fisherman had character. 

And had a large number of people looking forward to its return as part of the Reverse Retro program. 25 years down the line, nobody is going to want the blanded out Jazz Uniform to return, in any way, shape or form.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

And had a large number of people looking forward to its return as part of the Reverse Retro program. 25 years down the line, nobody is going to want the blanded out Jazz Uniform to return, in any way, shape or form.

While I agree with your sentiment, you could still be surprised. I’m a Pistons fan that lived through the original teal era as a young teenager, and I never thought I’d see the day when a loud segment of the next generation would spend years begging for them to come back, let alone the team actually doing it. Time makes fools of us all.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, projectjohn said:

While I agree with your sentiment, you could still be surprised. I’m a Pistons fan that lived through the original teal era as a young teenager, and I never thought I’d see the day when a loud segment of the next generation would spend years begging for them to come back, let alone the team actually doing it. Time makes fools of us all.

I have no doubt if the Supersonics were still a team they would have their late 90s throwbacks right now and be selling alot.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

I have no doubt if the Supersonics were still a team they would have their late 90s throwbacks right now and be selling alot.

I mean a lot of people my age remember them as a top team with that look so yeah I'm sure some people love it.

I actually really like the home look they had, for some reason the colors just went very well on this one, the away and alternate are just okay but the home was real nice.

1996-nba-finals-game-5-chicago-bulls-vs-

• Like 3

bSLCtu2.png