2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

9 minutes ago, PedroDeFreitas said:

Anybody have any news from the Hawks? Weren't they suposed to release new uniforms this year as well?

Let's just hope these new rumored Hawks uniforms are nothing close to the  real thing | Yardbarker

Those were prototypes for the new unifroms they released in 2020. Teams can't change for 5 years after a new set, so even if they existed, those jerseys theoretically couldn't be worn until 2025-26.

10 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Probably not true.

On the topic of the Cavaliers, what a letdown. I honestly thought they could do a lot with gold coming back, but to go over-simplified is an insult to the many great ideas they could have gone with. Even a thin stripe of gold on the collar/cuffs would have looked awesome.

So Orlando will have the most bland/boring city set this season?

Also since it's going to be an odd numbered year (2023) will there be "Earned" edition uniforms?

35 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Those were prototypes for the new unifroms they released in 2020. Teams can't change for 5 years after a new set, so even if they existed, those jerseys theoretically couldn't be worn until 2025-26.

I think the window to change is smaller in the NBA. 5 years is an NFL guideline, I think.  The Jazz will change in what, one or two years?

• LOL 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

58 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I think the window to change is smaller in the NBA. 5 years is an NFL guideline, I think.  The Jazz will change in what, one or two years?

Per the mothership:

No, these stripe-free, simple wordmark across the chest, “just the facts, ma’am” style uniforms will be worn full-time by the Cavaliers during the next five regular seasons (and perhaps even the playoffs?) starting with the upcoming 2022-23 NBA campaign. The new uniforms follow the release of the Cavs’ updated logo set last month.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2022/07/18/cleveland-cavaliers-unveil-new-simple-uniform-set-for-2022-23-season-and-beyond/basketball/

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Guys, there's no trim on the shoulders at all. That must be the new template, because Utah has the same "stripes" on their uniforms.

utah-jazz-new-black-statement-uniforms-s

071322-JERSEY-SHOOT_0017.jpg

BrhOSsW.png

What do you mean "no trim on the Jazz uniforms"? It's clear as day that there's actual trim just like Cleveland, only the color of the jersey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Guys, there's no trim on the shoulders at all. That must be the new template, because Utah has the same "stripes" on their uniforms.

utah-jazz-new-black-statement-uniforms-s

071322-JERSEY-SHOOT_0017.jpg

BrhOSsW.png

Good catch. Though looking closely at the Jazz uniform photos they appear to be much more 2D than the Cavs are, but it does appear we have a new Nike trend.

spacer.png

• Like 2

I have a genuine question: is there anyone who actually likes uniforms like these? because I'm thinking about, y'know, the types of jerseys I see people wearing out in public, and I don't think I've seen a single one of these minimalist disasterclasses. and I live in Charleston, so while it's naturally a bit Charlotte and Atlanta-heavy, you get a mix of just about every team's merch you can think of. and I can't recall seeing one "sleek" "modern" "trendy" jersey around the city. expansion-era Raptors and T-Mac Magic? all the time. statement/city jerseys that, even if they don't necessarily always succeed, actually try to do something interesting? oh yeah. nobody's going to be rocking the new Cavs jerseys. I firmly believe the only people who actually like how these uniforms look are the same people who think Corporate Memphis is an attractive art style.

• Like 8

53Ocz8U.png

4 minutes ago, Pirate_Nation said:

in NBA Store Qatar

Peut être une image de maillot de basket

1. It has the 75th diamond Nike logo on it, so maybe it's a prototype?
  2. I'm strarting to get sick of my Lakers in black/dark grey. It was cool when they did the Black Mamba's in 2018, even better when they brought them back for the namesake's passing in 2020, but it's getting old.
  3. Who are they honoring this time? 
  4. The outline on the logo is awfully thin. And no drop shadow?
  • Like 1

The minimal trim thing just makes them all look like the cheapo no-brand jerseys that Target or Kohl's always sell.

Regardless of any personal feelings on the aesthetic, I don't understand the appeal of the no-trim look on authentics, especially at a time where Nike's soccer division seems to like increasingly detailed, elaborate, and busy designs (ostensibly to throw off the counterfeiter industry), and at a time where the design/fashion culture at large has moved back toward maximalism in all things.

• Like 7

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

58 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:
  1. It has the 75th diamond Nike logo on it, so maybe it's a prototype?
  2. I'm strarting to get sick of my Lakers in black/dark grey. It was cool when they did the Black Mamba's in 2018, even better when they brought them back for the namesake's passing in 2020, but it's getting old.
  3. Who are they honoring this time? 
  4. The outline on the logo is awfully thin. And no drop shadow?

There’s also “Most Valuable Player” in multiple languages at the bottom.

• Like 1

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, BShaw20 said:

There’s also “Most Valuable Player” in multiple languages at the bottom.

Only Kareem, Magic, Kobe and Shaq have won an MVP. Since the last 3 already have "Lore" jerseys made for them, that means this should be for Kareem. But the signature on the jersey doesn't match Kareem's.

327143.jpg

But if we're talking Finals MVPs, the only ones without a uniform honoring them are Wilt and Jerry West, and the signature doesn't belong to them either.

• Like 1

This Lakers Jersey is from Select 2046 series which honors players, from last decade who won MVP, ROTY, etc. When you type it in Google you'll find also this:

meska-koszulka-dri-fit-nba-kevin-durant-

ff_4479318-5abfb2a2d30170a0a2aaalt2_full

ff_4479330-78704606cc44d7b97e51alt2_full

Basically it's a fashion jersey. There is also another select series which is more colorful.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 1

4r2eer.png

I just want to note that single color trim also sucks. When Nike made this move with the Pelicans and the '17 Cavs, it looks amateur and crappy to me. The jump to going without a trim color is even less exciting but single color trim already looked like unprofessional trash to me.

• Like 6