2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

looks like a city jersey. i don’t know how to feel about these being under the statement category. i feel like they’ll get old pretty quick unless they wear these sparsely. also for some reason i find the solid v neck collar kinda weird on these. maybe go for a grizzlies type route and put the pattern in here too? 

• Like 1

IMG-7122.gif

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.info.spurs.com%2FEloquaImages%2Fclients%2FSpursSportsampEntertainment1%2F%257Bd5f9c42c-68ce-4ae4-92f6-ac85af153173%257D_220725_Spurs__StatementEditionLaunch_EMAIL_600x600.png&t=1658766390&ymreqid=6705fec8-a8af-7e74-1cc3-940084012700&sig=qk8sgi.eiyGlBCK38Rk3wQ--~D

Just got this from the team itself. 

I'd expect to see them use this SATX mark a lot more often as they continue re-enforcing themselves as the team for both San Antonio and Austin (ATX). The "celebration of our entire region" line is pretty on the nose with that strategy. 

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I don't buy this for a second.  What does that have to do with Minnesota?

I can answer that on behalf of Nike so they don’t have to…

the multi-color jersey is reminiscent of of the SMPTE color bars you see on your television. Like the TV, the timberwolves give “no signal” to opponents. Additionally there is green on the jersey which is inspired by the trees in Minneapolis. White represents “New Beginnings” as we ran out of ideas, but we feel as this is a new beginning for our design team, and hence is reflected in the culture of the Timberwolves. 

that’ll be $300 before tax, we accept all major credit cards.

-Nike

• Applause 2
  • LOL 8

SIG.png

I actually like those Spurs unis. The side panels might be a little much, and I'm not sure how good they are gonna look on TV given the detail, but I'd still say they fall in the "fun and unique without being an overbearing mess" category, which is good for an alternate imo. 

That Minnesota rumored leak though....I'm praying that's fake. The mockup is some truly hideous Tetris-esque monstrosity. 

• Like 1

How's a bad TV signal unique to Minnesota?  Yeah, I'm inclined to believe the "ran out of ideas" joke, regardless of anything actually said 😂

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

14 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

File this under "awesome throwback, but should never be the primary again"

I'll take it as an appropriately used throwback - it's better than the "Chrome" or "Motor City" garbage they've been churning out for the last 10 years or so, and it will hopefully placate the nostalgia and Gen Z crowds that have been so vociferous for it.

Meanwhile I continue to wait for and be disappointed in their refusal to bring back the mid 2000s reds as their statement jersey.

EtewjfQXAAM0bOO?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 6

2 hours ago, NH4 said:

Official

I didn't hate those as much as som--actually back then I ain't hate them at all. But it was so obvious the Pistons were trend-chasing and revenue-chasing as well...and that's before we get to the similarities in treatment/extra colors between this and the Sonics from the same period. 

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

This logo/color scheme was PREFECT for the Pistons

ngcb140

That script mark can stand to be refreshed, and the perspective issues worked put, but I always did and still do like that mark. 

All that said, the lasting remnant of the teal legacy comes in the team font they've used on their uniforms since going back to red and blue. As proprietary fonts go, that's still one of my favorite.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

20 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Sides are nice but it will has Satx on front.

unconfirmed but Wolves were absent from that massive leak from Ferbuary

Prediction time:

These are someone's best mockup based on a small image they saw, and they'll be similar to this concept but (hopefully) executed much better. I bet the uniform is based on murals around Minneapolis and they'll lean into that theme more than we're seeing here.

Some well known (according to the internet) Minneapolis murals:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1