The Buccaneers Creamsicles Return

leopard88

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I've always called it a split outline of the jersey color shows thru and a double outline if it's multiple colors.

I've seen it be referred to as a San Diego outline in the past because of its use by the Chargers (not now, obviously)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

3 hours ago, Discrim said:

I've seen it be referred to as a San Diego outline in the past because of its use by the Chargers (not now, obviously)

Back in the day on the very rare occasion I would discuss uniforms with friends, we also called it something like the "chargers outline".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 3/5/2022 at 6:32 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I've always called it a split outline if the jersey color shows thru and a double outline if it's multiple colors.

This makes sense.  If there are two colors other than the jersey color, it truly appears as two outlines.

I think the CCSLC needs an agreed term for the floating/split/offset/San Diego outline.  I, with no bias whatsoever on my part, propose "offset outline".

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

This makes sense.  If there are two colors other than the jersey color, it truly appears as two outlines.

I think the CCSLC needs an agreed term for the floating/split/offset/San Diego outline.  I, with no bias whatsoever on my part, propose "offset outline".

Transparent Outline, maybe?

Ghostline?

Inline?

Offset outline and ghostline both sound good.  Split and Inline both seem like they better describe the Blue Jays and Grizzlies' numbers.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 3/7/2022 at 8:27 AM, leopard88 said:

+1. Thats what I refer to it as, as well, specifically because of what "offset" even means.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

20 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

“Offset” sounds a lot like a different name for dropshadow 

Dropshadows usually touch the number . . . or at least the outermost outline.  They also don't appear on all sides since they're supposed to mimic a shadow.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

29 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Dropshadows usually touch the number . . . or at least the outermost outline.  They also don't appear on all sides since they're supposed to mimic a shadow.

Offset- Dropshadow

Inline- see @Discrim post, however… you could theoretically say the double outline conundrum has both an inline and outline

Double outline- works better if both are different colors than the jersey

Floatline- if the inner most line is the same color as jersey

On 3/8/2022 at 12:19 PM, DCarp1231 said:

“Offset” sounds a lot like a different name for dropshadow 

Remember when someone tried to make "rise shadow" happen for the Browns?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 3/2/2022 at 9:07 PM, TornadoGTS said:

I could see this if they went with something like the white helmet from the options they explored during the original rebrand

spacer.png

I had completely forgotten about these. That bottom left one always bothered me.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, insert name said:

We'll see him in the creamsicles after all. 

Not quite, they aren’t wearing them next year, and his contract runs out after this year, so unless he signs an extension or a new contract next off season with the bucs he won’t be wearing the creamsicles.

Archived