The Buccaneers Creamsicles Return

leopard88

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, WideRight said:

Hoping more teams do this.  In an ideal world, thisis my top 10 throwbacks that need to come back (in no particular order):

1. Creamsicle Bucs

2. Red helmet Falcons

spacer.png

3. Fouts era Chargers

spacer.png

4. Zorn era Seahawks

5. Jaworski era Eagles

6. Ken Anderson/Boomer era Bengals

7.  Marino era Dolphins

spacer.png

8.  Elway era Broncos (pre 1996)

9.  Houston Texans allowed to wear Oilers throwbacks

spacer.png

Those are the helmets I'd like to see from the teams you listed. 

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, nuordr said:

I think it is great the Creamsickles are making a return, but it would make it 1000x better if they also brought back this road set: 

spacer.png

I think I saw them in the white jerseys 100x more than in the orange, and even then, white on white.  White over orange is IMO the best look from that era, with orange over white a close second (it just doesn't seem like they wore the orange tops much.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I think I saw them in the white jerseys 100x more than in the orange, and even then, white on white.  White over orange is IMO the best look from that era, with orange over white a close second (it just doesn't seem like they wore the orange tops much.)

Apparently the Buccaneers always wore white at home except for night games since atleast 1989. They were done with wearing the orange jersey at home, it seems like they hated the creamsicle way earlier than you would think. They wore white for every single game in 1996 in the final year. Once they switched to the current look they started wearing home jerseys for day and night games.

bSLCtu2.png

2 hours ago, nuordr said:

Those are the helmets I'd like to see from the teams you listed. 

That Fins uni is more like "Jimmy Johnson" (or Zach Thomas/Jason Taylor) era than "Marino" era.  As a Dolphin fan, those are my least favorite threads. They're ok but give me those 1989-93 "Marino (2nd half) era" threads ❤️.   spacer.png

17 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

THAT shouldn’t be a problem. It’s the retail versions they’re probably worried about (gotta make that money)

14 hours ago, BBTV said:

And there you go.  The "supply chain" excuse is BS.  They just don't want to say either "the league won't let us next year" or "we goofed by taking them out of the style guide."  So blame the "supply chain".  

I ordered Cleveland's throwback jersey with no issues this year when those supply issues were supposedly worse. Just say you didn't think that the NFL would change the helmet rules and you didn't turn it in 2 years ago for review. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 hours ago, WideRight said:

Hoping more teams do this.  In an ideal world, thisis my top 10 throwbacks that need to come back (in no particular order):

6. Ken Anderson/Boomer era Bengals

Because they still use the same helmet the Bengals could wear the 80's throwback uniforms tomorrow if they wanted to sell the :censored: out a throwback jersey.

The new unis are a spiritual update of the 80's look, though, so they're kind of already wearing it. The exciting thing with the Bengals and the relaxing of the one-helmet rule is it opens the possibility for the 70's uniforms to return for a throwback game. I think they would also sell the :censored: out of that as a throwback jersey, for what it's worth. 

leclair_original.jpg?1290185886 

PvO6ZWJ.png

23 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Might be a topic for a different thread (NFL 2022? Not sure, I'll defer to moderators) but is the pantone color of the Dolphins current throwbacks the same as their standard uniforms?

The throwback aqua always looks a little darker and greener to me.

You know, I've had this site for the past 20+ years that outlines that kind of thing...

4 hours ago, nuordr said:

I think it is great the Creamsickles are making a return, but it would make it 1000x better if they also brought back this road home set: 

spacer.png

Agreed. But with the correction above (as detailed by Old School Fool).

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

2 hours ago, Est1980 said:

That Fins uni is more like "Jimmy Johnson" (or Zach Thomas/Jason Taylor) era than "Marino" era.  As a Dolphin fan, those are my least favorite threads. They're ok but give me those 1989-93 "Marino (2nd half) era" threads ❤️.   spacer.png

Ah, double outline jersey numbers

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Might be a topic for a different thread (NFL 2022? Not sure, I'll defer to moderators) but is the pantone color of the Dolphins current throwbacks the same as their standard uniforms?

Over the years, especially 70-96, a few shades of Aqua were used.  The materials for pants and jerseys also impacted some of the coloring.  I think the cool shiny lycra pants also impacted the colors of some teams, like GB where the shiny stuff made it a little more yellow than mustard. 

2 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Ah, double outline jersey numbers

spacer.png

I'm definitely a fan of what you call "double outline". I always saw it as an "empty space line" since I was a kid.  I have no problem with direct outlining like our older throwbacks and the 94-96 "combined" versions, but this particular style always stood out for me.   

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

To add: I think https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams&team_id=MIA does a really good job in showing the different shades throughout the years.  No pantone info but visually, you can see the subtle changes to the shade of aqua.  I used to notice it as a kid, so I'd say this is a decent representation of changes---at least with the Fins.  

6 minutes ago, Est1980 said:

To add: I think https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams&team_id=MIA does a really good job in showing the different shades throughout the years.  No pantone info but visually, you can see the subtle changes to the shade of aqua.  I used to notice it as a kid, so I'd say this is a decent representation of changes---at least with the Fins.  

I'm going to say it again...you guys understand I've got all of the historical Pantone info on my site, right?

🤔

Probably an unpopular opinion but I liked the one-helmet rule because of the helmet's role in a team's identity. I don't want to see team identities get watered down.

That said, this throwback is Silver Lining #1 for me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived