2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

3 minutes ago, Moseph said:

I don't know why Washington didn't wear burgundy socks tonight, that would've been a decent look compared to the trash we got.

Same reason everybody else wears white socks with white pants. Kids and morons love the icy white yoga pants look.

Also, they kinda deserve to look like trash as long as Snyder owns the team.

• Like 5

spacer.png

The bears' orange alternate uniforms are not bad in a general sense. They just don't look like the Chicago bears.

The navy blue helmets and socks look way better with the orange jerseys.

This sorta looks like an Illinois vs Minnesota Big Ten game 🤷🏿‍♂️

• Like 12

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

The bears' orange alternate uniforms are not bad in a general sense. They just don't look like the Chicago bears.

The navy blue helmets and socks look way better with the orange jerseys.

This sorta looks like an Illinois vs Minnesota Big Ten game 🤷🏿‍♂️

This is my exact thought. Any other team could come out wearing this orange stuff but the Bears? It doesn't work at all.

bSLCtu2.png

7 hours ago, MrAstrodome said:

It's not bad, it just not them. Even with navy shells they look like the Bears.

This is where I am too. "In a vacuum", these look decent. (Classic striping. Outside of the the inconsistencies with white socks, there's decent contrast between the jerseys, pants, and socks. etc.) But we don't operate in a vacuum, so it's just kind of awkward looking. Definitely not what you come to expect with the Bears.

I think it's indeed the lack of the navy helmet. Like @MrAstrodome said, orange jerseys with the navy helmets still reads "Bears". This does not.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

This is my exact thought. Any other team could come out wearing this orange stuff but the Bears? It doesn't work at all.

I disagree, it’s just too much orange. I can’t think of any situation in which I’d think orange helmet+jersey works. I disliked the Browns orange tops, and these too. 

the jersey itself is very nice. I like the shade - seems a little more “burnt” than the Browns old bright orange (or maybe that’s just my better HDV). 

with the navy helmet it’s a solid look. I wouldn’t mind seeing it with navy pants, just to see how it would look. But the orange helmets? No thanks. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, burgundy said:

Same reason everybody else wears white socks with white pants. Kids and morons love the icy white yoga pants look.

Also, they kinda deserve to look like trash as long as Snyder owns the team.

I've thought for a while that same color socks as pants is an attempt to help get away with wearing pants shorter to try and avoid fines. 

• Like 1

My biggest gripe with the orange helmet (and pretty much all the other non-throwback alt helmets) is that they do absolutely nothing to make the uniform better than it was.

On the contrary, Atlanta's red helmet ADDS color and makes that look way better and more interesting.

The whole situation is a bit of a catch 22, allowing some teams to bring back classic looks (Atlanta, New England Tampa Bay) but also allowing other teams like the Bears to ruin existing alternates.

• Like 2

The players clearly prefer the tighter leggings to the regular socks, to the answer is obvious: striped leggings. Give them options for what to wear below the pants, but enforce that whatever it is matches the uniform. The other part here is for teams to stop making dumb decisions. The sock color should always match either the jersey or the helmet, it really is that simple. 

• Like 4