2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

5 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Jags are polling the fans for their uniform combo for next week. Jerseys will be teal.

top vote getter is mono-teal at 45% :/

Wait, I have a new theory. What if they intentionally rigged the poll because they knew they were gonna go with all teal anyways, but they’re gonna use the rest of the results of the poll to decide whether to wear black or teal socks with the black pants in the playoffs? Those tricky Jags.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

The only teal over white option is with white socks of course.

With the Giants now likely to play at Minnesota, I’m really hoping the Vikings don’t wear white again since it worked last weekend. 

NYG is locked into the number 6 seed, right? Do the 49ers have a better conference record than the Vikings?

3 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

Wait, I have a new theory. What if they intentionally rigged the poll because they knew they were gonna go with all teal anyways, but they’re gonna use the rest of the results of the poll to decide whether to wear black or teal socks with the black pants in the playoffs? Those tricky Jags.

If the Jaguars end up winning I am guessing that they will stick with the all teal combo in the playoffs unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, gothedistance said:

NYG is locked into the number 6 seed, right? Do the 49ers have a better conference record than the Vikings?

The 49ers are currently the 2 seed with a better conference record (9-2) over Minnesota (7-4)

• Like 1

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Ironic that the Giants were (rightfully) pissed at the Eagles for tanking in 2020 and costing them a playoff spot, and now they're in position where it's beneficial to rest their players, which would help the Eagles.  I wonder if they do that, or if they go all-out and try to essentially ruin Phila's season.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Do the Buccaneers continue with the white at home in the playoffs after it didn’t work last season?

I would love to see the red over pewter, but the fact that it’s Dallas they are probably hosting could mean they choose to wear white again.

If this is the case, it won’t even be clear whether it was simply a preference or if they did just to force Dallas into navy, as they have done in the past.

15 hours ago, CDCLT said:

This was a custom tailor job, not a problem with the template or the design. I hope the Panthers never make a major change.

Agreed on no major changes. Might be a stretch to call the Panthers look classic, but at a high level, the various elements are fairly timeless.

Updating our shoulder/pant/maybe helmet striping to be consistent with LSU's style (similar to Colts examples posted earlier) feels like a good compromise between updating & improving, while maintaining a very similar feel to our current design (which is essentially the only design we've had, ignoring small tweaks).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, OHK said:

Agreed on no major changes. Might be a stretch to call the Panthers look classic, but at a high level, the various elements are fairly timeless.

Updating our shoulder/pant/maybe helmet striping to be consistent with LSU's style (similar to Colts examples posted earlier) feels like a good compromise between updating & improving, while maintaining a very similar feel to our current design (which is essentially the only design we've had, ignoring small tweaks).

I don't hate the idea, but I'd rather maintain the flow of the stripes by doing something closer to the Chargers: eliminate the logo and TV numbers and place the hoop over the shoulders. I'm fine if it ends without looping, because that would match the pants better anyway but I don't want it to be cut off before the taper. The helmet I have no idea what to do with, to be honest. Might be worth just keeping what we have without the curve towards the end.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

I'm sure they got shelved because of the loss to the Bears, but it would be nice to see the pats break out the grey/silver pants a few ties next year, both home and road because the blue/blue has been one too much by other teams in the league.

• Like 8

Crap I thought the Eagles could only wear the all-black clown suit twice, but looks like it's three times.  Part of me hopes they get eliminated in those uniforms and decide they're bad luck.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Crap I thought the Eagles could only wear the all-black clown suit twice, but looks like it's three times.  Part of me hopes they get eliminated in those uniforms and decide they're bad luck.

Teams are allowed to wear their alternates/throwbacks 3 times. This was decreed since 2018. But the league doesn't make clear what the parameters are, like for regular season, preseason, and postseason. The Eagles can wear both the black uniform and the kelly green throwback they've been planning to bring back. Depending which one the team likes more, they'll wear one of them once more than the other.

Eagles have always worn all black against the Giants since 2014. With the exception of 2017, because that game was in September where it's warm.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WBeltz said:

I'm sure they got shelved because of the loss to the Bears, but it would be nice to see the pats break out the grey/silver pants a few ties next year, both home and road because the blue/blue has been one too much by other teams in the league.

I have a feeling the grey pants are supposed to be the primetime ones going forward. So for the night games at home. We'll see if that happens next year. 

• Like 3

On 1/2/2023 at 5:54 PM, WBeltz said:

At this point, we should know the Pats just stink and it has nothing to do with the silver pants being cursed.

• Like 4