2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

With the end of the USFL season (congrats Birmingham Stallions) and NFL training camps about to open, I thought I'd get things started. Should be a great season. (especially in the AFC) Really looking forward to it. My way too early Super Bowl prediction is the Buffalo Bills over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Plot twist/hot take: the League set up this trade just to boost appeal for the game, knowing it'll incite drama...in Week 1 nonetheless...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Browns begged for a competent QB for 20 years. And when they finally got one, they ran him out of town before his rookie contract expired for a sexual predator. 

That organization is rotten from the inside out. Shows how much success is dependent on not just players and coaches, but also the infrastructure of a franchise as well. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

spacer.png

Let's not pretend Baker lived up to the hype of a number one pick, regardless of who is replacing him. I do think they should've at least waited until the end of this season before deciding to move on.

Also, he might not even start on the first week, so I'm not gonna say that matchup is a "must see."

I still don't get where all the hate for Baker comes from. He was great in 2020, and only had a bad year in 2021 because he was playing through injuries. He's still a solid QB. 

The Browns as an organization, just proved they don't want success. They had everything going for them & threw it all away for a Piece of :censored: QB that might not even play at all. 

• Like 2

Random thought unrelated to the Browns drama: with regards to the mastery of movement, Aaron Donald is basically the bizarro world version of Barry Sanders.  Donald squeezing through double or triple teams to disrupt plays, sometimes seeming to flat out teleport into the backfield is reminiscent of Sanders escaping situations even many top tier running backs couldn't even dream of.

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

So Zach Wilson banged his wack-job mom's best friend, and the internet is having a field day.  

https://clutchpoints.com/jets-rumors-nfl-fans-react-to-zach-wilson-reportedly-sleeping-with-moms-friend/

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Heinz Field is not renewing its naming rights with the Steelers

New corporate sponsor will be announced later

If the rumors are true and it's Acrisure, I'm really hoping the blowback is huge and The Rooney's back out and take less money from a local company. I know that'll never happen.

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

They could’ve at least tried to keep the sponsorship within the state of Pennsylvania and gotten something like “Hershey Field”

Or Rolling Rock...or Iron City...

...Or maybe PNC. That's a Pittsburgh institution,  too. Shoot, it wouldn't be the first time the same company bought the naming rights to two different arenas in the same city (looking at you, Target in Minneapolis).

But beyond that...yeah, I got nothing. 

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Acrisure sounds like something you would do for a Create-A-Team in Madden.

I personally would have went with Primanti Bros. or PNC Stadium or something like that. Keep it with a Pittsburgh company... although if I had my way, it would become Ligma Field.

11 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

Acrisure sounds like something you would do for a Create-A-Team in Madden.

I personally would have went with Primanti Bros. or PNC Stadium or something like that. Keep it with a Pittsburgh company... although if I had my way, it would become Ligma Field.

I'm not sure how this is so hard to understand. Maybe it isn't and people are just whining about a name change. Mike Florio said it best:

NFL teams are in the money-making business, and they sell the stadium naming rights to the highest bidder. And sometimes the highest bidder is a business with an awkward-sounding name like Acrisure, rather than an iconic local brand like Heinz.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

It's where I sit.